SAU Community

Financing A Skyline

Guest reggin

Guest reggin

just hoping for the names of any banks/finance lenders that offer finance to purchase a skyline, recently sold my car and my dad had agreed to take out a loan on my behalf to cover to rest of the cost of an r34 non turbo however upon ringing his bank (st george) he was told they would not offer finance because it is a high risk vehicle and fully imported, any help would be appreciated, thanks

which bank? the commonwealth bank :(

both my car loans thru them, i did list "nissan skyline + parts" on the loan applicaiton as uses...no questions asked, no dramas, applied, got the loan the next day...and that was for a fully imported gtr, including paying for importing and the car itself...

strange that st george wouldnt do it? heard thay have lots of nice fees tho on their loans, commbank = not many fees IMHO

look into the members equity building society in VIC also or newcastle credit union, they have some pretty competitive rates...

Guest reggin
which bank? the commonwealth bank :(

both my car loans thru them, i did list "nissan skyline + parts" on the loan applicaiton as uses...no questions asked, no dramas, applied, got the loan the next day...and that was for a fully imported gtr, including paying for importing and the car itself...

strange that st george wouldnt do it? heard thay have lots of nice fees tho on their loans, commbank = not many fees IMHO

look into the members equity building society in VIC also or newcastle credit union, they have some pretty competitive rates...

thanks for your input, if you dont mind me asking was that with a secured or unsecured loan?

if you go for a personal loan they really shouldnt knock you back because of the car it is, it is strange that st george knocked you back.

i got my loan through the national, but if you ring up any finance place they shouldnt give you any trouble providing you have a job and have been there for more than 6 months they should give you a loan no worries

its b.s. they ask you "what is the loan for?" isn't the idea for a personal loan, that it can be for anything?

they wouldn't lend my mate money just because he said it was for "a holiday" and they wouldn't lend it to him because they didn't believe he was using it for that purpose.. what a croc.

seriously??? thats gay.

when i went for my loan they asked whats it for, i said a car, they said what sort, i said a nissan, thats all i said and they went  :angry: ok

hope they approve mine! got a guarantor, and its gonna be commonwealth so hopefully its sweet

1 of the online checks i did, i think it was westpac said in-eligible if its for an import

DO NOT GO WITH COMMONWEALTH OR ANY BIG NAME AUSSIE BANKS!!!

Reasons: Way too expensive and a big lack of customer support when it comes to negotiating the best option for your situation - been there done that! Most just asked what it was for, my age, and then turned me down (they have way too much emphasis on age and what it is for, didn't even consider my income or financial assets).

Solution: Personal loan!!! It doesn't hold your car as security and it also doesn't fix in the amount of interest meaning you could pay it all back in no time with no interest!

Personally I went down this path after being turned down by countless banks on the R34. Most said the 34 did not qualify for their secured car loan conditions. HSBC turned me down too, but they offered the Personal Loan instead - ends up being $20 a fortnight more expensive :D

$28000 over 5 years @ 9.95%pa = $320 a fortnight (paying at this frequency gets reduces the interest by an amount which is equivalent to $4000 meaning I pay off the loan in 4.5 years

DO NOT GO WITH COMMONWEALTH OR ANY BIG NAME AUSSIE BANKS!!!

Reasons:  Way too expensive and a big lack of customer support when it comes to negotiating the best option for your situation - been there done that!  Most just asked what it was for, my age, and then turned me down (they have way too much emphasis on age and what it is for, didn't even consider my income or financial assets).

Solution: Personal loan!!!  It doesn't hold your car as security and it also doesn't fix in the amount of interest meaning you could pay it all back in no time with no interest!

Personally I went down this path after being turned down by countless banks on the R34.  Most said the 34 did not qualify for their secured car loan conditions.  HSBC turned me down too, but they offered the Personal Loan instead - ends up being $20 a fortnight more expensive :P

$28000 over 5 years @ 9.95%pa = $320 a fortnight (paying at this frequency gets reduces the interest by an amount which is equivalent to $4000 meaning I pay off the loan in 4.5 years

i always intended on going a personal loan, not a car loan....

may i ask what financial institution you used?

and you may find that your interest rate is lower than commonwealths 12.24% because your loan is a lot larger...

HSBC Australia.

Apart from some communication problems with their call centre staff, I can't really fault them on too much.

Their assessment system is pretty good and they are more than helpful when suggesting alternatives or other options.

Hope it works out for you mate!

HSBC Australia. 

Apart from some communication problems with their call centre staff, I can't really fault them on too much. 

Their assessment system is pretty good and they are more than helpful when suggesting alternatives or other options.

Hope it works out for you mate!

how do you make repayments ?

just that im with commonwealth and they make it easy as with scheduled transfers from ur net bank accounts etc

Direct Debit on a nominated Fortnightly basis... only because I get paid fortnightly.

If I got paid weekly I would do it that way and probably save another half year on that in interest too (you can nominate the option you want before taking the loan).

I'm with Commonwealth too, they just DD from my account - no charges associated with it.

Direct Debit on a nominated Fortnightly basis... only because I get paid fortnightly.

If I got paid weekly I would do it that way and probably save another half year on that in interest too (you can nominate the option you want before taking the loan).

I'm with Commonwealth too, they just DD from my account - no charges associated with it.

so where would you go to see their loans etc? a website or apply over the phone or what?

www.hsbc.com.au

After that you just download the forms , fill them out and submit them! They call you and confirm everythin, send you the contract, you return it and the money is in your account!

www.hsbc.com.au

After that you just download the forms , fill them out and submit them!  They call you and confirm everythin, send you the contract, you return it and the money is in your account!

thanks mate

what was the turn around on applying, being approved, and receiving funds?

how long did it take etc

thanks

Well for me it took a little longer as I applied for a car loan at first (they called me later to tell me i wasn't applicable).

I'd say that if you got your application submitted and posted off, the total time would be about 1 week before financing takes place.

If you do it over the phone it'll be faster.

Don't bother with a secured loan, you get every excuse in the book. To old, to fast, to imported... Unsecured with the Commonwealth, approved with in 20min over the net (in pincipal) in about 3-4 working days the branch you nominated calls you and makes an apointment to view all your payslips ect to back up what you said in the online application, the next day you have the money in your account. Done. Unsecured is the way to go, only asked what it was for out of general interest of the loan officer. Shes like, "o yah kool a skyline..."

Then you get the car and a week later it needs a new gearbox... its all good...

Don't bother with a secured loan, you get every excuse in the book. To old, to fast, to imported... Unsecured with the Commonwealth, approved with in 20min over the net (in pincipal) in about 3-4 working days the branch you nominated calls you and makes an apointment to view all your payslips ect to back up what you said in the online application, the next day you have the money in your account. Done. Unsecured is the way to go, only asked what it was for out of general interest of the loan officer. Shes like, "o yah kool a skyline..."

Then you get the car and a week later it needs a new gearbox... its all good...

well i have a "contact" at commonwealth, so she'll prolly hook me up when i call on monday...

as for the gearbox, i certainly hope not