SAU Community

My Vl Berlina Turbo

Turning 23 this year.. been with my missus for 5 years this dec. im getting drilled hard about spending to much money on my car.. so i think its the mature thing to put it up for sale and see what happens.. I not as phycotic as i use to be back in the days when i had my old VL. i dont enjoy driving this .. its only seen the road 3 times since 100% completion.

its done an 11.6 down the 1.4 while experiance a problem with the glide.. ( the shifter cable was not adjusted enough and woudl not enable 2nd gear ).. the 2 speed glide is fine on the street no issues at all with . you would be shocked at how smooth it is.. i woudl prefer it over a 3 speed trimatic any day!! and they r tuff as nails.

The main purpose of the car being built would have to be to keep it sleeperish as posible inside and out.. from the exterior no one could tell its turbo untill they hear the thing spool... even in the engine bay ive tried to keep it looking as stock as i could.. apart from the catch cans obviously.. i even had the NA manifold power ported ( as they flow alot better then trubo manifolds anyways ) and modifed ( all done by alan rajab. his run a 9 sec passw ith his olf red calais with similar manifold set up).

quick run down on the car..

most of this stuff is brand spanking new..

2 speed glide with B&M shifter owes me arm and leg...

3500 TCE stall..

GT40 700hp garret roller bearing turbo , K&N filter etc etc

Motec computer

Nizpro cooler ( painted black and mounted high. cant see uit at all. not even when you open the bonnet )

head was fully reco;d porting. used the nizpro cam. ive got teh specs at home some where il hunt em down later.

two Bosch Motorsport 984 pumps into a surge tank ( very neat set up in the boot )

bosch injectors

full rebuild bottom end. ballacned blue printed, o'ring block etc etc

REBUILT LSD

custom tail shaft

im at work at the moment so thats all i can remember haha much more tho..

lots spent...

its a greenish colour with a slight silver pearl threw it. was re sprayed about 2 years ago .. just b4 i baught the shell. ive got a scracth on the front right bumper but i can get that sprayed no biggy there..

it wil come with all my gauges i have .. monsta tacho. boost. oil pressure. water..

this thing was serviced every 300ks i recon hahaha

but yeh anyways i thought i would chuck it up on here b4 i spamed it anywhere else. dont wanna cause to much interest in it just yet :-)

Ohh and i have bigger breaks siting in my garage for it as well to help it slow down .. it also has koni adjustables ..

im asking $16,500 ono i guess

il try get some pics up this week end when i get some time.

PM me with any further questions....

Edited by VLS_BACK

Nah since i got the Gt40 doesnt dropp coolers nik..

im taking her out again with c16 and full race tune.. last time i ran it it was only on a mild 260rwk tune ( on rajabs dyno) nothing major.. not to bad for 1st gear tho. got a 1.4 60 foot launch on it...

but yeh i wanna take it out again so people stop saying ohhh 11.6 i can do that in a stockie VL.

HI Josip, the shells fine on it. just doesnt have nice wheels on it.. purposly. i dont like to attract attention esp cause i live in altona.

Yeh reason why its that price is because if i had it for 18K i dont have the times to prove it.. plus its getting to the stage where every one is getting a 700 roller.. injectors and motec these days. i know rajab has a 5k package. turbo. plenium and motec i think it is..

how fun are these cars to drive tho.. :-)

• 4 weeks later...