SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

I got offered the set cheap with tyres (white volks with toyos) for $300. I was only considering it because my tyres are cooked and this was a way cheaper option rather than to buy a new set. Then i decided not to because f**k 17x7's.

I'm currently looking at a new set of Rims for my R33 if anyone is interested in my staggered fit chrome 5 spoke style 19x7.5 front-19x8.5 rear (spacers for caliper clearance provided) with decent tread on them let me know. but to my main purpose of this post.

i am getting a set of Koya drift tech rims for my car. i will be putting slightly bigger brakes on my car eventually, if i get a set of 18x8.5 all round with a 30p offset does that seem like enough clearance for bigger brakes and also will they scrub badly on the front at full lock?? any advice would be great and no i don't want to go a staggered fit as an ex tyre fitter different width rims is just impractical for tyre life

Hamish or other knowledgable people.

Lot of talk here regarding 18x9+30 in the front of a R34 GTT or GTST. GTR Rims, sizing etc.

Lot of people run thin tyres on them, which 'fit'

Can you fit a 265 tyre on a 18x9+30 rim at the front of a 34 GTT?

Does it need guard work? Does it scrub? Etc etc.

Basically want the most tyre I can fit in there.

For bonus query, I plan to run about -3deg camber at the front, and have about 355mm center of wheel to guard.

/shake fist at all you tyre stretching people skewering results.

Hamish or other knowledgable people.

Lot of talk here regarding 18x9+30 in the front of a R34 GTT or GTST. GTR Rims, sizing etc.

Lot of people run thin tyres on them, which 'fit'

Can you fit a 265 tyre on a 18x9+30 rim at the front of a 34 GTT?

Does it need guard work? Does it scrub? Etc etc.

Basically want the most tyre I can fit in there.

For bonus query, I plan to run about -3deg camber at the front, and have about 355mm center of wheel to guard.

/shake fist at all you tyre stretching people skewering results.

Let me know how it goes. I just bought track rims 18x9.5+22 255/40 and am yet to test fit. Would like to know what kind of issues (if any) you have with yours.

I mocked it up and it SHOULD fit.

Let me know how it goes. I just bought track rims 18x9.5+22 255/40 and am yet to test fit. Would like to know what kind of issues (if any) you have with yours.

I mocked it up and it SHOULD fit.

that will fit. you will need to pull the guards a little, but not flare by any means

Looking for size and offsets to fit an R34 gtt 50mm rear fender wide body if anyone's accomplished this?

Thinking 18x11+18?

Also what's the best for pumped front guards? 18x9.5+20?

I'm probably way off.. haha..

Edited by Swole

ok... so i hate to ask this but i need some fine tuned answers from people who know more than me or have tried.

will these work on an R32gtr

18x10.5, +17 and +21

im currently running 18X9.75+20

the existing tires are 265-35-18 and im going to run them again.

i know it will be a little stretched but cmon not allot. and they will fit the guards a bit better without too much camber.

current setup looks like this.

IMG_4214-2_zps4qjufjsa.jpgIMG_4245-6_zpsirg4vlos.jpg

from my calculations they will not get too mad.

in my eyes its gonna fit fine.... but when i look at 10.5 and r32... it dosnt seem like it should.

do you think i will need to roll the guards? i already know my inner liners will probably need to be removed as they DO scrub on hard cornering with the current setup. but the top of the tire will not actually move... hmmm

thoughts?

these are the comparisons.

frontsnew_zpsfky6dbfz.jpg

rearsnew_zpsywai4fxk.jpg

First of all I think your current set up looks pretty good. The 265s will be not ideal but OK on 10.5 tyres but with virtually the same offset do you have enough clearance on the inside under cornering? Your outside guard might need a little massaging but not too much.

Ill get under the car and see if 10mm close to the strut will become an issue.

Their a front and rear set and the offset is what it is so i dont get to choose.

I do like the xxrs but their not what is staying on the car. A set has come up which are more my style.

Looking for size and offsets to fit an R34 gtt 50mm rear fender wide body if anyone's accomplished this?

Thinking 18x11+18?

Also what's the best for pumped front guards? 18x9.5+20?

I'm probably way off.. haha..

Rears will be an eeeeeeeasy fit. A little inside the guards

Fonts will need a roll only

• 3 weeks later...

Skyline model = R33 GTS-T
Wheel diameter = 18"
Wheel width = 9"
Wheel offset = +27
Tyre size = 245/40
Modifications to fit = Rolled guards

Hello, thanks to all the great information on here I have finally decided on my setup. IMO this is perfect, I really wanted to get the same width and offset rim all around so the concave would be the same. If anyone is interested they are Rota Boosts in Gunmetal. Here are some pictures.

post-141318-0-98493300-1465547958_thumb.jpg

post-141318-0-90617200-1465547964_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarterIvy
  • Like 2