SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 1:27 PM, GTSBoy said:

I don't understand. That is not stretching the tyres onto the wheels at all. The correct tyre size for an 8.5 " wheel would be 235 or 245. A stretch would be a 225. Cramming a 265 on there is a big, baggy bulbour 1970s style fitment.

Sorry mate, what I mean in my head by overstretched is that it overhangs on an 8.5" rim :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at changing wheels, currently have 18x9 +37 rear w/ 265/35R18 & 18x8 +36 front w/ 235/40R18. Which fit great but don't really like the staggered fitment.

Looking at Enkei rfp1 18x9+35, just wondering if 18x9+35 rfp1's fit on the front of an R33 gtst and clear the brake calipers?

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2021 at 5:04 PM, dyl33 said:

Looking at changing wheels, currently have 18x9 +37 rear w/ 265/35R18 & 18x8 +36 front w/ 235/40R18. Which fit great but don't really like the staggered fitment.

Looking at Enkei rfp1 18x9+35, just wondering if 18x9+35 rfp1's fit on the front of an R33 gtst and clear the brake calipers?

I think I had 18x9 + 35 on my R34 at one point and without a spacer it did not clear my front calipers.

• Like 1

R32 Gtr wheel offset questio :

im looking at getting 19x10.5 L +15 offset. I know this is very aggressive, it would be fitted with a 275 tyre on a car with rolled guards. Has anyone fitted 10.5in Rims to a 32gtr and what offset did you go with?

thanks

h

• 2 weeks later...

Noobie here. Will rota grid's 18x8.5 et 35 front and 18x9.5 et35/30 fit r33 gtst. Without modifying the arches. And whats the recommended tyre sizes. I was thinking 225/40 front and 245/40 rears? Any help is appreciated thanks 

Edited by 020king

• 1 year later...

Lips NOT rolled, inner guards in place, natural camber on coilovers, reasonable lowering.

Panasport G7 C5C:

FRONT 18X10 +24 AD08R 265/35ZR18 (no spacer, the tire slightly shaved the edge of the fender liner plastic bolt holder, and 3mm clearance with the upper arm)

REAR 18X10.5 +27 AD08R 265/35ZR18 (slightly adjusted with 3mm spacer so effective +24, clearance with lip around thickness of a hair)

4l9r.jpg
4z19.jpg
0vfz.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, would I be right in going with 18x10.5 +22 with 265/35 on my R32 GTR with no guard mods or aggressive camber? From what I have researched it appears I should be fine depending on what tire of course, cheers

On 05/07/2022 at 10:17 AM, GTSBoy said:

Perhaps look at the post immediately above yours.....

I did mate, not much use to me with no car mentioned yet profile states S13?? Presuming it is an R32 GTR my set up differs by just 2mm which might be just enough to give me some scrape action... hence why I asked if anyone has run this exact set up.

On 7/5/2022 at 6:30 PM, Kent46 said:

I did mate, not much use to me with no car mentioned yet profile states S13?? Presuming it is an R32 GTR my set up differs by just 2mm which might be just enough to give me some scrape action... hence why I asked if anyone has run this exact set up.

I see 3 pics of a gun metal r32 with panasport rims so I don’t see a reason why he also needs to mention what car they are on.

have you tried using any of the tyre/ rim calculators then going out to your car to take measurements?

On 05/07/2022 at 7:35 PM, UWISSH! said:

I see 3 pics of a gun metal r32 with panasport rims so I don’t see a reason why he also needs to mention what car they are on.

have you tried using any of the tyre/ rim calculators then going out to your car to take measurements?

I cant see those images for some reason?... Just  JPEG symbols, that helps a lot then if it's a R32 GTR.

I have used rim calculators and it appears the tires at such a size should either clear or fail to clear by less than 3mm which is why I asked in case others have more knowledge on the set up.

Yes it's an R32.

I bet your specs will be OK. AD08R are very wide 265's speaking. So the 2mm offset defference with my spec should be OK with a more conventional tire.

• Thanks 1

On 05/07/2022 at 7:41 PM, Kent46 said:

I cant see those images for some reason?... Just  JPEG symbols

Hmmm, might be the image host does not like you for some reason. They are on zupimages.net. Can you see them attached to my post and hosted on sau?

@jibe, hope you don't mind me attaching your photos again. Otherwise let me know and I'll remove them from my post. :)

It's a bit of a shame that random image hosts tend to disband eventually and a few years later it all ends up in dead links. Attached to the forums it should stick around as long as the forum does.

0vfz.jpg

4l9r.jpg

4z19.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/07/2022 at 12:05 AM, jibe said:

Yes it's an R32.

I bet your specs will be OK. AD08R are very wide 265's speaking. So the 2mm offset defference with my spec should be OK with a more conventional tire.

Ok sweet, thanks for that Jibe 👍🏼

• 4 months later...

I’m a noob to these cars and in the USA. Read through 70+ pages here but just want to clarify.

I’m importing a R32 GTST and everyone seems to think Enkei RPF1 17x9 +22 is the best setup for these wheels and car. The people I’ve talked to mentioned either spacers or having to roll fenders.

spacers I don’t mind but I’m not attempting to roll fenders or cut out wheel well stuff. 

will these fit without having to modify the body in any way?

thank you in advance for any assistance you provide 

Rolling fenders is pretty much a requirement for wheels to somewhat fit/look good/maximize tread. I wouldn't be surprised if it's required to do it on a 17x9 +22 for a R32. Rolling the guards is pretty much  considered part of any fitment, and safe enough to assume it has been done/will be factored into any decision as to whether something fits.

I have 18x9+30 on a R34, which has (a little?) wider guards and they are rolled, although I have most likely wider tyres on them. So therein lies my guesstimation about the R32 and wheels that sit 8mm further out.