SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Gary - great idea for a thread. Will see if it can be stickied.

But maybe can we also add 2 extra lines to it (as I've listed below). Reson for asking is that recently a few people I know with large brakes have puchased rims that don't have the required clearance. For example someone purchsed some 18 x 9.5's Works Emotion rims that don't for over 375mm rotors and another guy purchased some 18 x 10.5 Rays CE28N's that dont fit over 382mm rotors (but the TE37's do fit)

Anyways....

Skyline model = R34 GTR

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9.5"

Wheel offset = +12

Tyre size = 265/35/18

Modifications to fit = none

Rim Type = Rays LMGT4

Rotor Diameter = 375mm

Edit: I've since discovered that the stock R34 GTR rims don't fit over this size brake set-up. 365mm I think would be ok.

• Like 1

Thats not a bad idea, but another complication is you will also have to list the caliper you are using, as the caliper type influences clearance as much as the rotor does.

The CP555 caliper like yours hugs the rotor pretty well, but there are other calipers in the AP / Alcon / Brembo range that hug the rotors much more. An example is a racing Brembo caliper that fits on a 324mm rotor and fits inside the std 16" GTR rim, my caliper goes nowhere near fitting inside a 16" rim although using the same size rotor

hi guys, can anyone confirm r34gtt rims are 7.5inch wide and +40 offset?

I had a look this morning at just this on a set I have here. The detail on the back says 17x7-1/2JJ and another single number of 40. I did some measurements and it ispretty close to that.

Thanks for the link, the idea of the thread was to get the guys posting up their actual real world exeperiences all in one place.  I don't know about anyone else but I have real problems with using calculated changes (one rim to another) to know whether or not the wheels will actually fit.  An example, so it's 5mm in further, does that mean it will hit on the inner guard or not?  Then there is the brake calliper clearance issues.

Thats why I wanted to have a whole heap of real world results for guys to look up.

:blink: cheers  :blink:

SK,

Brake caliper clearance is an issue I am currently dealing with and it would be good to pass this info on to others too. I've bought 2 sets of wheels from Japan with supposedly the correct offset for an R34gtt but neither of them cleared my front standard brakes. :P It was only after a bit of investigation that I was told that the design of the spokes or X factor which some ppl call it affects whether a wheel will fit or not. The wheels I purchased were an O disk wheel (smaller brake clearance) when I should have purchased a wheel with R disk specifications (larger brake caliper clearance). I am getting 15mm bolt on adaptors made up as we speak. Will let you all know how it goes after I get these fitted as I may then have issues of the wheels sticking out too much! So the next time you are purchasing a wheel from Japan, take this into consideration especially if you have an R34GTT! If you have larger brake calipers in front then even the correct offset won't matter. I'm not a wheel expert and if anyone wants to add/correct what I have contributed please feel free.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Skyline model = r32 gtst

Wheel diameter = 17

Wheel width =front 8, rear 9

Wheel offset =front +30, rear +35

Tyre size = front 215 45/17, rear 235 40/17

Modifications to fit = none.

Very minor front scrub on the outer edge when cornering and hitting a bump. Rears would require lipping with wider tyres

• 2 weeks later...

they were work Euroline KH 18x8 +35, 18x9 +37 Fronts wouldn't clear the calipers...had 15mm bolt on adaptors on them...basically turned it into GTR offset...fronts were sitting just slightly outside the guard...barely...looked ok...

x-factor sucks balls

Skyline model = R33 GTS

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 7"

Wheel offset = +32

Tyre size = 225/45?/17

Modifications to fit = 32gtst rotors and calipers, needed 8mm spacers

Rim Type = Endura Racing

Skyline model = R33 GTST

Wheel diameter = 17" front and rear

Wheel width = 8" front, 9" rear

Wheel offset = +32 front, +38 rear

Tyre size = 235/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear

Modifications to fit = None, hasn't been lowered yet

Rim Type = Buddy Club P1's

"Games don't affect people. If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching on pills and listening to repetitive music."

i just bought some deeeeeeeeeeeeeep dish rims from japan because i've wanted some huge dished rims for ages now i'm in a bit of trouble i think. I own a 32 gts-t 4 door and these rims are 18x10 front and 18x12 rear, 38 offset. thinking two things now major modifications to guards or selling them. check these puppies out.

post-23715-1128008965.jpg

i just bought some deeeeeeeeeeeeeep dish rims from japan because i've wanted some huge dished rims for ages now i'm in a bit of trouble i think. I own a 32 gts-t 4 door and these rims are 18x10 front and 18x12 rear, 38 offset. thinking two things now major modifications to guards or selling them. check these puppies out.

ur gonna have to flare the front guards alot to fit 10 inches on the front

Skyline model = R33 GTS-T

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 8" front, 9" rear

Wheel offset = +32 front, +38 rear

Tyre size = 225/45 front, 245/40 rear

Modifications to fit = none

Brakes = stock brakes

Suspension = lowered approx 1"

Edited by WinK

Just copy and fill in the table;

Skyline model = HR30

Wheel diameter = 16

Wheel width = Front 7 & Rear 8

Wheel offset = +38

Tyre size = Front 205/55 & Rear 225/50

Modifications to fit = NIL

Track day wheels 8's all round with 245/45 x 16

Mods required 20mm spacer on front as wheel has been widened in by 1 inch

Just out of interest, what is involved in rolling the lip on the guards?

I'm looking at some 17 x 8 (+32) and 17 x 9 (+38) for my R32 GTS-t...

if its a big drama to roll them, have to get guards sprayed etc, i might go for some slightly smaller rims, heh