SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Just out of interest, what is involved in rolling the lip on the guards?

I'm looking at some 17 x 8 (+32) and 17 x 9 (+38) for my R32 GTS-t...

if its a big drama to roll them, have to get guards sprayed etc, i might go for some slightly smaller rims, heh

They'll fit without lipping the guards if you run skinny tyres 215/235 f/r though the clearance to the Hicas ball joint on the rear will be very close with the +38 offset.

Edited by BHDave

I am looking at doing the same as AzzurrA, but 17x8 with +38 and 17x9 with +38. I know the rears are going to have to be lipped, but does anyone here run this offset and size with 255/40 rubber? My rear ride height is around 330mm from hub, and i dont want the rears to scrub at all if i have weight in the car ie passengers in the back seat or luggage to go away for the weekend (read guard will drop down to tyre level or approx 300mm). If anyone with this offset could comment on the matter, that would be great, otherwise my option is to go 17x8 all round:(

And yes i know the ride height is a tad low for optimal performance, but i just love the stance it gives.

Skyline model = R32 GTR

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 7"

Wheel offset = 0 (as far as I know)

Tyre size = 235/45

Modifications to fit = None

I wanna get some of those Volk CE28N (18x9.5 with some 255/40 tyres) rims later on with a nice snug 30+ offset, should look fruit :angry:

A link that Duncan had posted previously posted is no longer working, so can anyne readily tell me if they have tried to fit 17x9 +20 rims on th back of an R32 GTST with rolled guards?

I currently have 17 x 8 with 35 offset, and the clear everything fine.

A link that Duncan had posted previously posted is no longer working, so can anyne readily tell me if they have tried to fit 17x9 +20 rims on th back of an R32 GTST with rolled guards?

I currently have 17 x 8 with 35 offset, and the clear everything fine.

The R33GTR 17 X 9 X 30 with 245/40/17 just clears the rolled guards on the R32GTST. I don't think the 17 X 9 X 20 will fit.

;) cheers :)

Skyline model = R32 GTR

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 7"

Wheel offset = 0 (as far as I know)

Tyre size = 235/45

I wanna get some of those Volk CE28N (18x9.5 with some 255/40 tyres) rims later on with a nice snug 30+ offset, should look fruit :)

woah! 17X7? I think they were designe for a FWD car like a pulsar or something as even standard R32 GTR wheels are 8 inch wide, and most 17 inch wheels for 32 GTR are 9 inch or 9.5 inch. it must look quite strange with such narrow rims on it. actually from looking at the tyre size are you sure they are 7 inch wide? any pics?

i pose a bit of a question to you all...

Would R32 GTR rims (16 x 8, +30 offset) fit on an R32 GTS-t, without hitting on anything (assuming stock calipers/rotors) and without rubbing on the guards?

id also like to know this....atleast will they fit on rears? plus whats the widest tread you can fit on a r32 gtr rim?

I have just bought some second hand Volk F-Zero Winning rims for my R32 GTR, they are 17" x 10", +20 offset (off a GTR, just dunno which model)....Will let you all know how they go!

I currently have 17" x 9" on there with large offset spacers all the way around (20mm on the front, 25mm on the rears), not sure what offset they are just know that they are wrong! The rears protrude slightly at the moment but i'm hoping the correct offset of these other rims will mean they fill the guards without sticking out. So fingers crossed I don't have to flare the guards. Will try to run 255's but thinking there may be an issue with clearance on the front when turning.

Does anyone know what the smallest tyre is that you can put on a 10" wide rim? My tyre guy tells me that my 235's won't fit :D (for the front, I have 255's on the rears already).

I have just bought some second hand Volk F-Zero Winning rims for my R32 GTR, they are 17" x 10", +20 offset (off a GTR, just dunno which model)....Will let you all know how they go!

I currently have 17" x 9" on there with large offset spacers all the way around (20mm on the front, 25mm on the rears), not sure what offset they are just know that they are wrong! The rears protrude slightly at the moment but i'm hoping the correct offset of these other rims will mean they fill the guards without sticking out. So fingers crossed I don't have to flare the guards. Will try to run 255's but thinking there may be an issue with clearance on the front when turning.

Does anyone know what the smallest tyre is that you can put on a 10" wide rim? My tyre guy tells me that my 235's won't fit  ;)  (for the front, I have 255's on the rears already).

17*10 with a +20 offset will not fit an R32 without some serious guard work (think Torana A9X). You may get away with it with 6+ degrees of neg camber :D

17*9 with a +24 is about a wide as you would want to go.

10inch will need 265's, 255 may fit with some major stretch factor.

I'd be very interested to see some pics of anyone's R32 with 10 inch rims

Regards

Andrew

Skyline model = R32 GT-R

Wheel diameter = 17 Inch

Wheel width = 9 Inch

Wheel offset = +22mm

Tyre size = 255/45/17

Weight (lbs) = 17 (or 7.72kg)

PCD = 114.3

Great wheel i would recommend this wheel for the R32 if u can get hold of it. It also comes in 18. :D

post-15043-1130234995.jpg

17*10 with a +20 offset will not fit an R32 without some serious guard work (think Torana A9X). You may get away with it with 6+ degrees of neg camber  ;)

17*9 with a +24 is about a wide as you would want to go.

10inch will need 265's, 255 may fit with some major stretch factor.

I'd be very interested to see some pics of anyone's R32 with 10 inch rims

Regards

Andrew

I'll see how they go. Seeing as there is already some 10 inches worth under the car at the moment with a dishier offset than what can go on a gtr (without spacers), i've got my fingers crossed that they will make it. I wouldn't think they would be worse than what was on the car now, at worst I think they will be on a parr with the current rims. But i'll just have to wait and see!!

Yeah my tyre guy wants me to run 255's all round. The only clearance problem I have at the moment is with my right front wheel at full lock left, scrapes a little bit on the BOVs. But I have one nice big BOV to install that can be mounted further away so this won't be an issue anymore.

Even if the rims get here and don't fit it's not big deal, i'll keep them aside until such times as the car is at the point that I have planned for it and then they will be perfect. And if for some reason the car doesn't get to that point, then I can easily sell them to someone with a later model GTR.

Thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate it :(

Skyline model = R33 GTR

Wheel Brand RAYS VOLK TE37

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9.5"

Wheel offset = +12

Wheel weight 9.0 Kg

Wheel + Tyre below 22.5Kg

Tyre Brand Bridgestone RE55 SR compound

Tyre size = 265/35/18

Brake rotors DBA OEM diameter

Edited by sparkmanv11

Skyline model = R32 GTS-t

Wheel Brand = ROH Drift R

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = 8(f)9®

Wheel offset = he said they'll fit

Tyre Brand = Firenza (are these any good?)

Tyre size = 235/35/18(F) 265/35/18®

Modifications to fit =fits fine,still have 1inch between tyre and guard.

Edited by RSTME

Skyline model = R32 GTS-t

Wheel Brand = Advan Tri Spoke Series 2

Wheel diameter = 17

Wheel width = 7.5(f), 8.5®

Wheel offset = Not sure...

Tyre size = 215/45/17, 235/40/17

Modifications to fit = None, however car is quiet low on coil-overs with no problems :)

Skyline model = R33 GTS-t

Wheel Brand = ROH Drift R

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = 8(f), 9®

Wheel offset = Unsure again

Tyre size = 235/35/18, 265/35/18

Modifications to fit = None , car is on standard suspension riding fairly high lol