SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Off topic, but i've been recommend to try this by stagefumer11:

"ok this is a easy fix you need to turn down you full lock stopers.

you will find on the lower control arms, on the end. is a adjustment screew when you can adjust the full lock stoppers. if you have a look you will see what i mean. Its a small bolt with a lock nut also. turn these in to turn the lock less.

DO both sides as you can stress you steering rack if they arnt even. Get it pretty close and you will be fine. Also put a layer of grease on to the rubbing points, as going over bumps on full lock can be quite embarrising"

• 2 weeks later...

Skyline model = HR31

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 8F/9R"

Wheel offset = +30F/+32R

Tyre size = 235/40-F 255/45-R

Stud Patern= 114.3

Modifications to fit = lose the plastic inner guards. (also have 5 stud hubs which alter the offset out about 3mm)

Hey guys, I've got stockers w/225/50/16's. But I Bolted up my mates BBS rims this arvo, may buy them off him. . .

Skyline model = R33 Gts-t

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 8.5"

Wheel offset = +40

Tyre size = 235/40-F 265/35-R

Stud Patern= 5 * 114.3

Modifications to fit = None yet, they seem to rub at full lock on the front, parking etc, and only clear the stock front brake calipers by ~ 2mm, haven't done enough driving on them yet. . .

Anyone see any problems with this size?

I'm surprised they fit at the back to be honest.

Thanks

Hey jazza08, they seem ok and only one of the fronts rubs (I only have one inner guard liner), I think the offset is actually the same as the standard wheels, cos they are marked '16*6.5JJR16 40'.

Speaking to another 'Line owner this evening he reckons he used to run ten inches out back . . . No mods. . . B)

Ive seen 265s on a 10' wide rim before in a car mag, never in real life. I doubt 275s would fit with everything standard?

If you take our ur guard liner (i believe our 33 still has them) that may help also! Nothin too much to worry about unless it rubs real hard of course :)

Hey guys,

I am looking at putting a set of 19x8.5" on the front, and 19x9.5" rears on a GTS-T R33... Is this possible with maybe only lippping, or would some more extensive mods need to be made? Is this all the info you would need to answer that question too, or does the offset play a major difference?

If anyone knows I would appreciate the info.

Cheers.

woah! 17X7? I think they were designe for a FWD car like a pulsar or something as even standard R32 GTR wheels are 8 inch wide, and most 17 inch wheels for 32 GTR are 9 inch or 9.5 inch. it must look quite strange with such narrow rims on it. actually from looking at the tyre size are you sure they are 7 inch wide? any pics?

haven't looked at this thread in a while...

hmm, maybe they are 17x9's then...they don't look thin and I don't actually know where I got 17x7 from :). I will try and get a measurement myself if I can.

Hey Cowie, you have Circular wheels :), wow!..... :)

Skyline model = R32 GTR

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9.5"

Wheel offset = +14

Tyre size = 245/40 All 4's

Modifications to fit = None. But if i lower it more then i might have to lip the guards

I have seen 17x8's on most 33's in this thread have offsets of 32-36. If a set of 17x8's with an offset of say +45 are fitted to an R33, they would sit further into the guard, right?

Yes but more importantly the spokes would probably not clear the brake calipers at the front of the 33s.

• 2 weeks later...