SAU Community

Auto- Manual Conversion

R3TWO

Gday All,

Just wondering if anyone/ knows of anyone one who has had their car converted from auto-manual and if so, where's the best place(s)? It is a conversion for an R32.

Also, what are the price ranges?

Cheers!

:(

Funny you should mention that.....

I'm in the middle of a conversion right now

Costs are

Gearbox $500 -700

Flywheel $100 -150

Clutch $ 200 and up

Clutch Pedal $20

Hydraulics $80

Spigot bush $7

Interior bits $30

Tailshaft $100-150

so approx $1500 plus labour,

If you could get a drive in drive out for under $2k, you'd be laughing.

and the auto stuff you pull out is worthless, I want $50 for the lot... trans, tailshaft, shifter etc, but nobody wants it.

shop around bud and make sure you upgrade your clutch while your at it....i had my first r32 done 5 years ago for $1800 at jaustec and ive got a friend getting a silvia done for $1200 soon.....but if you get a bargain price make sure you get a warranty aswell..i think most places will give you a month...

shop around bud and make sure you upgrade your clutch while your at it....i had my first r32 done 5 years ago for $1800 at jaustec and ive got a friend getting a silvia done for $1200 soon.....but if you get a bargain price make sure you get a warranty aswell..i think most places will give you a month...

No worries, will do. Is it worth going for a GTR gearbox instead of the stock GTST?

Cheers again

Really? That sounds like a good price. Is FBI their actual name or is that an acronym for their actual name?

Cheers

Acronym for Four Brothers Import. Their located on Hampstead Rd somewhere, cant miss it as they have a display of imports out front.

Gearbox wise it depends what you're planning on doing to the car, I know first-hand RowdyR32 had a 220+RWKW RB26 in front of a stock RB20DET g/b, he wasn't habitually doing hard/drag style launches in it, but did do several track days, and it held up fine.

I would definately get a heavier clutch though, doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a heavy-duty organic. i.e. Daikin.