SAU Community

Nissan Datascan And Consult Interface

Just read through this thread on aus300ZX and was wondering if any/many SAUers use it?

Is this about the right price ($100 for serial cable, software additional)?

Does the novely factor wear off? It looks like it'd be great to check the engine/ECU but it also seems to be one of those things you'd just like to borrow from a mate twice a year.

Is Datascan the best software available for it? I vaguely remember a recent post where a guy was replacing an R34 O2 sensor and a few freeware versions of the software were mentioned.

Cheers

post-14114-1124604757.jpg

I was looking at this as well, i'll check out doodz's one next saturday and make my decision from that..

looks good though, would be nice if there was some better software from my thoughts.. the analog system doesn't look the best..

You can map it with different systems, but real time is the greatest..

Other option is to get an R34 MFD and wire it into the ECU.. found a couple of links on how to do it..

I just purchased the Software and the USB cable the otherday, waiting for it to arrive now. Hopefully it might shed some light if there is anything wrong with my engine.

It looks like a handy diagnostic tool.

Edited by Endorean

It's fun to use for a while and good to have if there are problems to diagnose.

The displays are quite cool, and the data logging is interesting.

It's cheap so I got one, not much more to say really.

It's fun to use for a while and good to have if there are problems to diagnose. 

The displays are quite cool, and the data logging is interesting.

It's cheap so I got one, not much more to say really.

What model Skylines have an OBD1 port?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Duncan: I just don't trust the engine yet and after Links refreshed my memory, I'm pretty sure doodz suggested Satanic (man this sounds like days of our lives :D) check the ECU before going and spending money on new O2 sensors and AFM's etc.

It's just one of those things I'd like to run once, see what the software has to say about all the bits and pieces on my *genuine!:) * 70,000km engine. I'd just like to know it's all working properly cause the idea of a rebuild is scary and financially out of reach for the next 12 months.

If I took the car to UAS to have it checked it'd probably cost the same to buy the cable and run it on my own laptop...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mickroy, that's exactly why I'm thinking about buying one. Every time I plant my foot the exhaust belches black smoke and fuel economy is around 17L+/100km on the highway. Cheaper to buy the cable rather than pull out the O2 sensors just to find out that wasn't the problem.

I don't yet trust my engine and I'd like some confirmation that everything is functioning properly! :P

Cheers dude

i need one of these. where can they be purchased from? im looking at the blazt website and it states that there are distributors in australia, Caroline Felgate (nsw) & Rob Armour (qld). anyone bought off them before?

Thanks Mickroy, that's exactly why I'm thinking about buying one. Every time I plant my foot the exhaust belches black smoke and fuel economy is around 17L+/100km on the highway. Cheaper to buy the cable rather than pull out the O2 sensors just to find out that wasn't the problem.

I don't yet trust my engine and I'd like some confirmation that everything is functioning properly! :huh:

Cheers dude

Does sound like the o2 sensor.... it should only have a 0-1v range, and its easy enough to check the voltage if you've got a pin out diagram for the ecu, and of course someone to check it while you're driving. I basically bought the cable coz i was lazy... but its great to have there for when things do go wrong. Chances are you'll be able to work it out in 5 mins, rather then days of rooting around with a multimeter... dont rely on ecu diagnostics to tell you the prob either... I can unplug all my sensors and it wont spit up an error coad.

My sensor was stuffed... the ecu seems to get a constant 3v if it cannot communicate with the sensor. The rb25 manual stated this, and was right... it showed constant 3v, even when i unplugged the sensor, 3v came up as the sensors output! So it was pretty easy to find :P