SAU Community

How To: Stagea Headunit/stereo Removal

AlexCim

Oh, by the way, there is no antenna signal amplifier.

The way these antennas work that are in the glass is that they need a small ammount of current to run through them and it produces an electromagnetic field which does some bullshit that makes it work better. (The guy that sold me my speakers/amp said that to me)

So you need to connect that antenna wire to a power source, where REM is fine as its a 0.1A connection.

280420063sr.jpg

I am having a dumb day................

I have the same white plug covered in foam. The yellow/black wire comes out of the main dash wiring harness and goes into the plug and then follows the antenna wiring. I can't see where/how it was connected to the standard radio. Surely to turn on the antenna signal amplifier it would need a signal from the standard radio.

:( cheers :D

I wouldnt know, the stagea came to me with a headunit already in it (yes, oddly enough the exact headunit that i had ready to go into it :()

When i re-did the wires (they were horribly done), that black/yellow wire was connected to something. After i did the wires, i left it disconnected and then reception went crap. I asked the guy i bought my gear from and he said that in the glass antennas need a signal amplifier power wire. With my powers of deductive reasoning and the fact that there is no other bare wire at the back of the console area, I predict (and being connected to the anntenna wire by tape/foam) that the black/yellow is the signal amp.

Put it this way Gary, who really cares why(not how) it works, as long as it actually works.

I have the same white plug covered in foam. The yellow/black wire comes out of the main dash wiring harness and goes into the plug and then follows the antenna wiring. I can't see where/how it was connected to the standard radio. Surely to turn on the antenna signal amplifier it would need a signal from the standard radio.

:sick: cheers :P

I have the same, and I figured the other end of the yellow/black wire goes to the ignition, so it is pulling a little current all the time the car is running. I'm guessing though, as I didn't test it when I had it apart on the weekend...

Ian

Sorry I haven't read through all 44 posts... but there is a couple of mentions of how easy it is to remove the door front door trims, anyone care to share?

Cheers

Luke

Edit: sorry should have looked at page 2 first! :sick:

Edited by munchdesign

rear doors - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...dpost&p=2120795

Front doors - Pull off the top arm cover, undo screw. There is a screw where the door skin touches the dash and i think thats it. Run fingers around skin, off it comes, Unplug all the shit, there you go.

Thanks Alex, that's great.

Note: passenger window is not working, hope that it is just unplugged...

Cheers

Luke

when the window doesnt move at all from the controls either side, i found the switch was just unplugged on the passenger side.

Plug it in and you will see.

Yes you are right, not plugged in... working perfect now of course.

• 4 weeks later...

is it possible to move the climate control to the lowest spot to allow for in dash screen to be higher? not sure how long the wiring would be and if it is din sized aswell

Glenn, the S2 RS Four S has the air con controls in the second space, and the gauges in the top spot, so hopefully the wiring loom must be at least somewhat long enough to maybe stretch it to the lowest DIN slot.

Pull it out, it takes like 5 minutes with 2 screw drivers to find out what you need to know. The instructions Alex has put together are pretty good. Mine is a different set up with factory AV system but the wires running into the back of it are heaps long enough that I'd say there would be no dramas doing what you are asking.

Cheers

Luke

• 2 months later...

how are the tweeters in the pillars hooked up on a series 2 .is it seperate wires at the head unit or interlinked somewhere in the wiring when my baby gets here im going to replace the headunit so im looking to find a wiring diagram or colour codes for the series 2 if different to series 1. how did u go with yours andy????

it was really easy mick, i havnt changed any of the speakers though, only head deck amp and subs. the factory speakers seem to do the job quite well. (im assuming they are factory)

it was really easy mick, i havnt changed any of the speakers though, only head deck amp and subs. the factory speakers seem to do the job quite well. (im assuming they are factory)

i ment is there 6 sets of wires to the deck

nope, just the 4 sets from what i remember

thanks mate im about to wire a male and female 12 pin plug on to the stereo ready for when the car gets here then all i have to do is solder the female end in place of the original in the dash