SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

can you do as you did above, but just list what you'd reccomend buying to

a) lower the car

B) stiffen up the ride and keep it flatter around corners etc

for a car that is just a daily driver etc...

and to make the height adjustable like to make it legal if u get a canary etc....

just wanna see what parts are needed, and what the total cost would come out as

thanks

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you do as you did above, but just list what you'd reccomend buying to

a.) lower the car

b.) stiffen up the ride

c.) keep it flatter around corners etc

for a car that is just a daily driver etc...

and to make the height adjustable like to make it legal if u get a canary etc....

just wanna see what parts are needed, and what the total cost would come out as

thanks

Springs and shock will do a.) and b.) and the stabiliser bars will do c.).

If you lower it you will need to adjust the rear camber. If you lower it a lot you will have to adjust the front camber as well. If you don't it will wear the insides of the tyres quite quickly.

The front caster kit is a must thave, you won't believe how much a few extra degrees of caster improves the handling. The only item that I think you COULD live without would be the rear subframe alignment kit, but at $100 and 20 minutes to fit, its not a big deal anyway.

:) cheers :O

Edited by Sydneykid

SK, i dont know if you have answered this question already but how long will this deal be running for i am choosing between engine management and your suspension kit and dont know which to get first.

Sorry, I don't really know exactly how long the Group Buy will be running for. As long as the current stocks of Bilsteins last, after that there is a 3-5 month wait for batches to be made in Germany. Australia isn't big enough to order a whole batch, so we have to wait until Japan orders, then we can tag along. At the current rate of take up you are looking at maybe 3 to 4 weeks until the stock runs out.

:P cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

Just a question.. but does this type of shocks and spring combination handle similar to the standard R33 GTST suspension?

or can I expect a firmer ride and sport like handling?

Would this kind of set up be good if I wanted to hang the back end out around corners?  :D

Handling is a great improvement over standard

Ride is more sporty without being excessively harsh.

Adjustable stabiliser bars will enable you to tune the handling to your liking.

:( cheers :)

Hey SK,

Just to give me a rough idea, would the firmness be something like that of a new 200sx (I know they don't sell them now).  It is the last car I rode in that I liked.

And yes I know that sounds like a stupid question.

A 200SX has strut front end and weighs 100 kgs or so less than a Skyline (double wishbone) with pretty much all of that over the front whels (SR versus RB). So any comparison is meaningless.

What I can tell you is the ride is sporty, without being harsh. The handling improvement is dramatic, with a large traction window so it is easy to drive fast, not at all edgy.

Hey SK

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this yet (this tread is TOO long for me to read)

I'm interested in a setup for an R32 GTR - can you do a similar package for me ?

I want a complete solution for a tight daily driver - so what do I need

Check out the R32GTR Group Buy, all the details are there. PM me if you need any additional ingormation.

Toe is as per the thread, Zero on the front and 2mm in on each side at the rear.  If it understeers, add a little toe out to the front.  If it power oversteers on corner exit add a little more rear toe in.  If it is reluctant to head for the apex on intial turn in (and it isn't power oversteering on corner exit) then you can try a liitle toe out on the rear.

Yep, you are aiming for consistent temperatures across the tread.

:) cheers :)

Sydneykid

I just dropped my car off at traction tyres in rowville for the wheel alignment and said the rear toe should be +2mm each side not -2mm each side as indicated in your settings. Is this right???

Sydneykid

I just dropped my car off at traction tyres in rowville for the wheel alignment and said the rear toe should be +2mm each side not -2mm each side as indicated in your settings. Is this right???

The usual terminology is +2 mm = toe out and -2 mm = toe in.

I have found most of the Skylines on SAU have a decent amount of power and therefore power oversteer somewhat. The HICAS also promotes some rear nervousness when close to the limit. The toe in helps reduce both of those. Have a chat with Andrew, he knows his stuff, and talk about what it means to your car specifications and your personal preference.

A Hicas locking bar is also getting installed today.

So i will leave the rear toe -2mm??

Personally I wouldn't, my cars (both of them) are set to zero toe with the HICAS removed. I like to limit the power oversteer and running 2 mm toe out exacerbates that. Plus it makes it a little nervous under extreme braking. With the front caster at 7 degrees it has plenty of turn in, which is what the rear toe in helps. I don't need the rear toe out, so I don't run it.