SAU Community

Stagea Turbo Upgrade

Tangles

Id like to know then how to 'maintain' a bush-bearing type turbo tho - ie do I let car cool down 2min after EACH drive, change oil every 2000kms etc? better check howthingswork.com. From what I gather you gotta make sure it has a strong clean feed of oil, the cooler the better. How can you assure that?

Oil cooler, wouldn't run a plain bearing turbo without one. Plus Castrol Edge 10W60 (or equivalent) to handle the extreme temperatures in the turbo plain bearing. Make sure you cool the turbo down, not idling in the garage/driveway with a turbo timer, drive it slowly, extra lap of the block.

;) cheers :huh:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Gary, thanks for the info. Definately getting an oil cooler kit and a perhaps an oil pressure gauge. Yeah, last 5mins of the drive = no positive boost pressure; got to teach the wife now :laugh:

• 8 months later...

mate has a standard rb25 in his silvaline - stock everything including ecu except for a 3037 pushing just under 1 bar and got over 275rwkw. You can get the whole thing for the price of a highflowed vg30 turbo - so might be the go when i get to that stage :laugh: and you can push the turbo to 25+ psi so think of the potential :ermm:

ANY of the HKS bolt on turbos gt35/25 series for RBs, will bolt right on

and you can find them on YAJ for 400-800 used and in great shape

they will be good from 250-380 HP with supporting mods (depending on which series you chose, they make 4 that bolt up i believe)

• 6 years later...

Afternoon All

I have a S1 Stagea RS4 Automatic with an RB25DE, i went to a place today to enquire about converting it to a turbo and they advised that it couldn't be done without having a manual conversion first.

Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or not?

I know for sure that there were Turbo versions, is it not a case of an engine swap??

Afternoon All

I have a S1 Stagea RS4 Automatic with an RB25DE, i went to a place today to enquire about converting it to a turbo and they advised that it couldn't be done without having a manual conversion first.

Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or not?

I know for sure that there were Turbo versions, is it not a case of an engine swap??

Definitely wrong. Where are you? In Auckland go see Joe Kyle... he has added turbos to heaps of RB25DEs

or just buy this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/engines/auction-653928499.htm

Definitely wrong. Where are you? In Auckland go see Joe Kyle... he has added turbos to heaps of RB25DEs

I thought so, and the weird part is these people are supposed to be a good place to go. I know Joe I'll go and pay him a vist me thinks and see what he can do. Quick question since your a kiwi in the know, Manual conversion here in Auckland know any one who does them and approx cost?

I thought so, and the weird part is these people are supposed to be a good place to go. I know Joe I'll go and pay him a vist me thinks and see what he can do. Quick question since your a kiwi in the know, Manual conversion here in Auckland know any one who does them and approx cost?

Joe did mine - depends on how much work you can do yourself and how cheap you can source the parts - I got all the parts cheap from a guy wrecking an R33 GTR so total cost was around $2K I think but could be as much as $3k or more. Maybe save yourself the hassle and look out for a manual turbo Stagea - they are not too dear these days!