SAU Community

S13 Silvia N/a Or R32 Gts N/a

If you were in my situation, would you buy a S13 Silvia N/A or R32 GTS N/A?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well in February I will be purchasing my dream car...it's either gonna be a R32 Skyline or a S13 Silvia. It will have to be N/A (P-plater laws!), and preferably manual. I have to admit, I've seen more N/A Skylines for sale in Sydney than N/A Sils.

I have a budget of around $11,000 to play with (been saving since I was 14)...

What would you choose? Why? And yes, I know it's a bit biased posting this on skylinesaustralia.com so I've posted it on nissansilvia.com too. B)

Edited by i want a skyline

I own an R32 (turbo) and I would say go the S13 (if you want non turbo). I'm not sure about the actual specs but the R32 is pretty big and everyone expects them to be turbo, everyone would want to drag. I think with the S13 you can get away with no drags at the lights as its not a "skyline".

Personal opinion at the end of the day.

Greg

firstly, let me say... you are a smart man. i applaud that you don't have to get a turbo for your first car. once you learn how to drive properly, then you can upgrade later.

now, to your question... The s13 is an ugly car. let's not kid ourselves here.. it doesn't even compare to the r32.

my personal opinion is to get an R31 (maybe 3k) and keep the 8k you have left over in savings.. then after about 2 years, upgrade to an r32gtst while all your friends either have slow NA s13's or have damaged s13/r32 turbo's from the accident's they have had

good luck,

Warren.

I've had both R32 and S13 Silvia (S13 is NA).

Really, I agree with EXAUNV, go the S13 NA as there are quite a few around that are NA and you won't get harrassed as much if you were in a Silvia. Aso, the S13 NA - especially the CA18 - are slow, BUT they're RWD and if you get a manual they're not all bad. I think the R32 might cost you a bit more in upkeep it being a 6 cylinder and all.

The R32 will be better at resale, but you can save by getting the S13, then when you're able to get a turbo, flog the Silvia and got for the mighty R32 GTS-t Type M :huh:

Go the S13 n/a. Better perfromance in my opinion. But in regards to the no turbo's rule. I'm also in NSW and under the same condition as you. But I have a Stagea, with a 'business' exemption. Where thers a will theres a way :D

I have a '95 R33 GTS (Rb20) and my mate has a '92 silvias Q (sr20) and theyre both manual.

The skyline handles way better, the skylines way better to drive, the ride is better in the skyline. My skyline not being the rb25, theyre fairly close in out right speed, not that this is why you buy a non turbo car but.

The silvia isnt a bad car, you can pick one up in immaculate condition as my mates was for $7500, but thats really a lucky find.

I would say go the r32, or even a r33, because my mate who owns the silvia is always wanting to swap cars and have a drive of mine.... so obviously they are better;) Plus the silvia has NOTHING on the looks of a R32/R33

Dayne

firstly, let me say... you are a smart man. i applaud that you don't have to get a turbo for your first car. once you learn how to drive properly, then you can upgrade later.

now, to your question... The s13 is an ugly car. let's not kid ourselves here.. it doesn't even compare to the r32.

good luck,

Warren.

I agree about the non turbo comment! Good work! I started with an s13 q's.. 92 model manual, immaculate!

But lets not kid ourselves, in stock form they are BOTH f*cken ugly cars. The r32 is slightly heavier and has less 'dorifto' handling characteristics. Your far more likely to slide around like crazy in the wet in the s13.. its hell fun but pretty manageable.

The s13 looks shit hot if you dewing/debadge and drop it.

Same with the r32.

Edit: Just FYI, if your going the s13 get the SR20 engine. (ie get the latest model you can afford) .. also, they are a bit of a bugger to sell so make sure you offer the guy 2 grand less than what he's asking and bargain in from there.

Then with the spare charge, invest it, dont spend a cent on your car, drive it for a year or two then upgrade to something turbo. :huh:

Good luck! :P

Edited by pentae

manual R32, just slightly nicer to drive than an SR20DE sil (and I've driven both). It feels a lot more responsive too. I use a NA 1993 R32 as my daily (selling soon too :D), and it rocks. Plus you're not gonna be branded a "fully sick drifter uleh".

You don't want to know how shit a CA18DE sil is. :P Think of it as a really heavy RWD Nissan Exa.