Stagea Fuses & Fuse Box

Tangles

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good for you, I found getting each one in/out to be a pain, and as I said "any other thoughts on what the problem might be??" I suspect it isn't a fuse problem ie I was also looking for sugestions.

Good luck with it dude.

I'll give you my secret.

I use needle nose pliers to pull the fuses out. Using tools seperate us from the animals..

Simple things first. Electrical problem = check all fuses.

Edited by Ben C34

I use a test light with a probe - no need to remove the fuses.

Possible cause - there are three (maybe two its been a while) plugs that push into the back of the cluster - check that they are pushed right in.

thanks. I did get out the pliers and check them all, all good... I'll check the plugs in the morning.. And it's both the cluster ie speedo and tacho, plus also the ones in the middle ie voltage and front/back torque split.

• 1 year later...

thanks. I did get out the pliers and check them all, all good... I'll check the plugs in the morning.. And it's both the cluster ie speedo and tacho, plus also the ones in the middle ie voltage and front/back torque split.

I know this is digging up a pretty old thread (and might not even be watching it any more), but did you ever end up figuring out what the issue was??

Exact same thing has happened to me (S2 RS4), I installed a new head unit and replaced the 2 bulbs that light up the auto shifter (they were blown) while I had all the centre console out.

When I put it all back together the cluster guages, and a bunch of other lights (including the shifter) aren't working now.

Checked all the fuses in the cabin and in the engine bay (just in case). Didn't try the plugs behind the cluster yet, but dont really see how they could have come loose.

I had the battery disconnected the whole time, so I don't think I have blown anything, but I suppose it is possible.

Or anyone else got any ideas?