SAU Community

Tv In Stagea

NissanTRX

Hey guys does anyone know how to get the tv to work, i cant simply ditch it and use an aftermarket one as its got the touchscreen controlls on it for the climate control, but it doesn't seem to play DVD's or pick up TV. It picks up sound for all our channels but not picture, im taking it thats because of the ntsc/pal issues?

also does anyone know if they do actually play any dvd's or not.

Cheers for any info, Alan

• 1 month later...

i have the same setup, i have been able to get a picture by playing NTSC videos through the input on the bottom left of the unit. You could probably set something up with a pal to ntsc converter to play dvds or tv with an external unit plugged into the front. i assume the bottom plug is for sound.

i have the same setup, i have been able to get a picture by playing NTSC videos through the input on the bottom left of the unit. You could probably set something up with a pal to ntsc converter to play dvds or tv with an external unit plugged into the front. i assume the bottom plug is for sound.

This sounds like the same Xanavi CD/TV/Climate Control touch screen system that I have in my Series 2 Stagea.

I have been trying to get some information about converting it to english, so far no luck.

Mine only plays CDs. I tried hooking up my MP3 player to both the inputs on the bottom left but haven't had much luck, I might not have it on the correct setting though.

I can also only get the sound for the TV stations. I heard "somewhere" that the aerial wasn't appropriate for Australia... seeing as I have very few skills with radio spectrum stuff I wouldn't have a clue how true that is. The NTSC / PAL argument sounds much more valid.

I need some sort of electronics genius to convert it to English and add an NTSC PAL converter:

http://www.micronica.com.au/catalog/nps3000/

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/Misc_htm/m_kdv500.htm

Both look to be the same model.

Also, I got this email from Nissan regarding conversion of the Xanavi system to English:

I have put your request to the expert at Nissan and they have advise that this vehicle was only ever sold in Japan domestic market, hence no English version available

Regards

Peter Bollard

Lennock Motors

The Xanavi site is http://www.xanavi.co.jp/index_e.html

But they don't appear to have an email contact. I have also searched the Japanese version of the site for an email address and haven't been able to find one!

Only a postal mailing address.

tv tuner is ntsc therefore no good in aus you will need a seperate tuner that outputs the pal signal to ntsc some of the smaller digital set top boxes on the market output in ntsc and also are dc powered ie car friendly

as for english software good luck youd be better off taking pics of each menu and asking someone in the japan section nicely to translate

some of the smaller digital set top boxes on the market output in ntsc and also are dc powered ie car friendly

nice idea... i like it and that would also mean digital quality picture!!!

as for english software good luck

I work in IT and have some very resourceful friends who might be able to modify or write the software for it. All I need is the translation of functions to work from. Will have to get crackin on that next year.

some of the smaller digital set top boxes on the market output in ntsc and also are dc powered ie car friendly

nice idea... i like it and that would also mean digital quality picture!!!

might work well with the stag diversity antenna too otherwise one of those japanese style tv antennas would be the go

Edited by mcnamg

might work well with the stag diversity antenna too otherwise one of those japanese style tv antennas would be the go

By "diversity antenna", do you mean the normal antenna that comes with the stagea? I'm guessing it is in the rear window, near the demister.

What are the japanses style antennas?

Don't know about a tuner...

I submitted a request for a brochure on the Xanavi site (knowing only too well they specified they only send brochures to Japan).

I received a reply today...

Your using Navigation is designed only for Japanese market, not operative in Australia.

If you do not mind  you accept this inconvenience, we can after the catalogue you requested.

Naomi Niida

Xanavi Customer Suport Center

tel  +81-46-259-1319 (Japanese only)

fax +81-46-259-1317

Their email address is: homepage "at" mail.xanavi.co.jp

Finally!!!

So, I'm going to send them an email today and ask them for a conversion kit and any info they can give us on the system.

Fill you in when I get the details. It took a couple of weeks for them to email me so it might be like watching the grass grow... painful.

my progress in getting my tv to work : have found the tuner box, in the rear left 1/4 panel boot, behind the strut tower, and it has a composite video-in and audio RCA inputs on the bottom of the unit. These are active when you select VTR2 from the touch screen menu (VTR1 being the inputs on the front of the screen unit). I have purchased a 12Volt / NTSC selectable output digital STB (strong srt5005), which is nice and compact....and a few hours of installing I hopefully will have in car digital tv. I realise that i will have loss of pic quality with the NTSC frame rate conversion. Also on the tuner unit are 4 diversity aerial leads which i will have to combine somehow into the STB pal aerial input. Let you know how everything goes...

my progress in getting my tv to work : have found the tuner box, in the rear left 1/4 panel boot, behind the strut tower, and it has a composite video-in and audio RCA inputs on the bottom of the unit. These are active when you select VTR2 from the touch screen menu (VTR1 being the inputs on the front of the screen unit). I have purchased a 12Volt / NTSC selectable output digital STB (strong srt5005), which is nice and compact....and a few hours of installing I hopefully will have in car digital tv. I realise that i will have loss of pic quality with the NTSC frame rate conversion. Also on the tuner unit are 4 diversity aerial leads which i will have to combine somehow into the STB pal aerial input. Let you know how everything goes...

top move chook. that sounds like a top idea. please fill us in and take pics if you can!

I have purchased a 12Volt / NTSC selectable output digital STB (strong srt5005), which is nice and compact....

Where did you get the STB from? What are it's dimensions?

I looked at Dick Smith and JB today and both only had home theatre STBs (240v). You have to have a DC>AC adapter as well in that case.

Dick Smith had there own DSE brand DTR101 SD STB for $90

Dimensions: W224 x D150 x H38

JB HiFi had a KaOn K200 SD STB for $149, a little bigger but apparently has a very good receiver in it.

Dimensions: W252 x D225 x H52

Edited by thedriver

not sure of dimensions, but have seen the 5006 (240v version) and it is very compact, will fit into the rear 1/4 easily,...although i will have to extend the IR eye to the front for the remote.

• 2 weeks later...

Im still having some difficulties, although STRONG assured me it does NTSC output, i cannot get the box to perform this. STRONG said they are working on a solution for me ??? If they cant help i might have to run a separate converter box, let you know