SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

if you are going to move it into a superpost with links galore maybe combine some threads that are similar and delete all the off topic conversation to make it easier to follow for new readers

its just coz its your thread isnt it!

haha, i think you are right, i just wanted to spam before as Ska spammed beforehand >_<

hahaha, I had a feeling someone would say that!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

So guys, seeing as this is the buyers guide. Can someone give us a rundown on each model, and what you get with it. (including the non-compliable non-turbos). If possible can someone also explain the different chassis No.s. It all gets pretty confusing when browsing the jap sites, as to what you're actually looking at.

So guys, seeing as this is the buyers guide. Can someone give us a rundown on each model, and what you get with it. (including the non-compliable non-turbos). If possible can someone also explain the different chassis No.s. It all gets pretty confusing when browsing the jap sites, as to what you're actually looking at.

Alright, here's a basic run-down:

Model:......................Driveline:...............Engine:..............Chassi

Code:

RS Four S..................AWD manual..........RB25DET Neo......WGNC34

RS Four V..................AWD......................RB25DET............WGNC34

RS Four.....................AWD......................RB25DET............WGNC34

RS............................RWD......................RB25DET............WGC34

25X Four...................AWD.......................RB25DE.............WGNC34

25G Four...................AWD.......................RB25DE.............WGNC34

25X..........................RWD.......................RB25DE.............WGC34

25G..........................RWD.......................RB25DE.............WGC34

20G..........................RWD.......................RB20DE.............WHC34

So, basically, when it comes to model spec, "RS" is anything turbo, "RS Four" is turbo AWD, "Four" is any AWD, and "RS Four S" is turbo AWD with manual (series 2 only, and there were NO turbo RWDs).

As far as chassis codes, series 1 all had an "E-" prefix (such as E-WHC34), and series 2 all had the "GF-" prefix (such as GF-WGNC34).

WHC = RB20DE power (the lowest model and in one spec level and RWD only)

WGC = RB25DE or RB25DET power, and RWD only

WGNC = RB25DE or RB25DET power, AWD.

So, H = RB20 power, G = RB25 power, and GN = RB25 + AWD.

All this info was found RIGHT HERE, and I will update the first post when I have time with more specific details regarding release dates, spec levels, and options.

So, basically, when it comes to model spec, "RS" is anything turbo, "RS Four" is turbo AWD, "Four" is any AWD, and "RS Four S" is turbo AWD with manual (series 2 only, and there were NO turbo RWDs).

there was turbo RWD variants

25t RS V Wagon FR AT Gasoline 2498 RB25DET GF-WGC34

they just werent available in manual, and were not released until August 1998...AKA series 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey finally found THE spec list. This is for series 2's. It's from the online catalogue, which I will post up the link. Be aware that this is through google's language tools. It's a translation from the original japanese site, (so for lead, as a color - read RED...I kid you not!).

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am.../language_tools

• 2 weeks later...
i replaced everything with Pioneer dealies. splits in the front, 4 ways in the rear doors, AMP and 2x 10" subs in the boot. goes awesome

Ok, so have been offered a 96 stagea straight swap for our modified 94 skyline R33, what should I look out for guys... also what is the insurance like on these little things? is it cheaper or the same because it is still imported and turbo'd? have rung for a quote but waiting on a callback...

Thanks in advance.

Alright, here's a basic run-down:

Model:......................Driveline:...............Engine:..............Chassi

Code:

RS Four S..................AWD manual..........RB25DET Neo......WGNC34

RS Four V..................AWD......................RB25DET............WGNC34

RS Four.....................AWD......................RB25DET............WGNC34

RS............................RWD......................RB25DET............WGC34

25X Four...................AWD.......................RB25DE.............WGNC34

25G Four...................AWD.......................RB25DE.............WGNC34

25X..........................RWD.......................RB25DE.............WGC34

25G..........................RWD.......................RB25DE.............WGC34

20G..........................RWD.......................RB20DE.............WHC34

As far as chassis codes, series 1 all had an "E-" prefix (such as E-WHC34), and series 2 all had the "GF-" prefix (such as GF-WGNC34).

WHC = RB20DE power (the lowest model and in one spec level and RWD only)

WGC = RB25DE or RB25DET power, and RWD only

WGNC = RB25DE or RB25DET power, AWD.

So, H = RB20 power, G = RB25 power, and GN = RB25 + AWD.

All this info was found RIGHT HERE, and I will update the first post when I have time with more specific details regarding release dates, spec levels, and options.

Well, now I am really confused.

My car has 25X on the tailgate, but this can't be true because it is definately a RB25-DET

It also has the same RSFour badge on the grill as all the others I have seen on the site.

But it doesn't have any body kit at all, not even the lower front lip, and it doesn't have the privacy glass on the back windows or cargo area.

It also has all woodgrain console and door trim highlights.......

Any one has any ideas as to why it would have the 25X on the tailgate?

Hi Dale

You have to realise that the basic rundown is basic, it doesn't show every model, (grade).

You have a 25tX four, I have a spread sheet of series 2's that shows the same grades as the series ones. It shows what you get for each model as standard, but that doesn't mean that you coudln't get extras.

cheers

John

• 4 weeks later...
COLOUR AND TRIM

Exterior Colours:

* Bayside Blue (TV-2)

* Sonic Silver (KR-4)

* Black Pearl (GV-1)

* Lightning Yellow (EV-1)

* Sherwood Green Pearl (DR-2)

* Active Red (AR-2)

* White Pearl (QT-1)

I think there's also a 'midnight blue' (at least S1)? Here are some pic's of a sold one:

7981.jpg

According to Prestige's page it's 'midnight blue', have seen a few others in that.

Correct. The colour codes I posted were for the Series 2, as the last time I updated this I hadn't had a chance to get the s1 colour chart together. SydneyKid's car is the same blue as that.

That particular car is lowered, and looks like it has 260RS wheels on it.

• 1 month later...

post-35366-1171285621.jpgpost-35366-1171285392.jpgpost-35366-1171285430.jpgHi All,

First post on the forum, infact just joined, or should I shay "long time listener, first time caller" as when I get time I have enjoyed going through the topics, damn imforative.

Anway I have been looking at the Stageas for over a month and I am pretty sure that I am going to go for a 2000 series 2 in RED and have found one in Sydney for a decent price with what looks like everything including the leather seats but NOT the sunroof unfortunately. My question is that the guy has listed 4 wheel steering, is this an option as I cannot seem to find it on any other site ?

My other question, if you will allow 2, is that I am looking for this as a more exciting way to get the family around but I am not a mechanic and it seems that most of you guys are pretty hardcore DIY's. Is this the sort of car that I can own without having to go to a tech course ???? then try a few mods as things need changing ?

Alright a third question, have you had a problem with ground clearance ? speed humps ? bloody parking tyre stops as the vectra always grinds the skirt on these and has anbody looked at adding airbag suspension to lift the body an inch or so for some interesting fast offroad fun ?

Missing my old RF-600R and want something that I can have some serious (but well with-in the speed limit) fun on the old road to Gosford.

Keep up the great forum

Sasquach - sorry for the long post

Welcome aboard, do you live in Sydney?

As far as I know, HICAS (i.e. 4 wheel steering) was only available on the RS Four S (which is a series 2, RB25DET, AWD manual), and the 260RS (basically a Stagea version of an R33 GT-R, with the RB26DETT, etc.)

No need to be a mechanic for these things - they're pretty reliable and if you can't find a DIY thread in here, you'll definitely find someone who can either point you in the right direction with your problem, offer to fix it (or help you fix it), or can recommend a workshop for those bigger problems... Most of what applies to a Skyline also applies to the Stagea.

Hmm, ground clearance - I've never had a problem, but mine is at the standard height (and looks kinda ridiculous). Andy (EGA41T) has had problems, but that's because his car is lowered and has a 260RS front bar on it. It's for sale, by the way, and is a rare factory manual RS Four S. As for air-bags for extra height, the Stagea might have AWD, but it's not a constant 4WD like a Subaru, so apart from some users having a bit of fun on dirt roads, I doubt anyone's gone off-road.

Welcome aboard, do you live in Sydney?

As far as I know, HICAS (i.e. 4 wheel steering) was only available on the RS Four S (which is a series 2, RB25DET, AWD manual), and the 260RS (basically a Stagea version of an R33 GT-R, with the RB26DETT, etc.)

No need to be a mechanic for these things - they're pretty reliable and if you can't find a DIY thread in here, you'll definitely find someone who can either point you in the right direction with your problem, offer to fix it (or help you fix it), or can recommend a workshop for those bigger problems... Most of what applies to a Skyline also applies to the Stagea.

Hmm, ground clearance - I've never had a problem, but mine is at the standard height (and looks kinda ridiculous). Andy (EGA41T) has had problems, but that's because his car is lowered and has a 260RS front bar on it. It's for sale, by the way, and is a rare factory manual RS Four S. As for air-bags for extra height, the Stagea might have AWD, but it's not a constant 4WD like a Subaru, so apart from some users having a bit of fun on dirt roads, I doubt anyone's gone off-road.

exactly what he said lol you will love it i know i love mine its the best car ive ever owned