SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

• 2 weeks later...
good luck with the car mate you will have to let us know how a 1600kg 2.5ltr non turbo stagea goes.

Had my car for a couple of weeks now, and have done some fuel consumption testing.

23L/270km = 8.5L/100km (highway). I was impressed! :sick:

23L/155km = 14.8L/100km (town).

Still quick enough for me with no turbo!

Had my car for a couple of weeks now, and have done some fuel consumption testing.

23L/270km = 8.5L/100km (highway). I was impressed! :)

23L/155km = 14.8L/100km (town).

Still quick enough for me with no turbo!

good to see you got the stagea,luv that bayside blue,post up some pics.

hwy 8.5 looks good....14.8 town looks bad, i consistantly get 10/100km hwy & could even do better just cruisin,for me to use 15/100km i'd have to be giving it a fair bit of stick.

can you give us a bit of an idea what it comperes like powerwise?

good to see you got the stagea,luv that bayside blue,post up some pics.

hwy 8.5 looks good....14.8 town looks bad, i consistantly get 10/100km hwy & could even do better just cruisin,for me to use 15/100km i'd have to be giving it a fair bit of stick.

can you give us a bit of an idea what it comperes like powerwise?

According to my car manual, it says it is 158kw for my non-turbo version. I think the older turbos put out 175kw and the later ones a little over 200kw. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Stagea

Yes, 14.8 does seem high, but I think it was because it was new and the missus was enjoying the power! Will test it again in the future.

post-36453-1176459268.jpg post-36453-1176459807.jpg

According to my car manual, it says it is 158kw for my non-turbo version. I think the older turbos put out 175kw and the later ones a little over 200kw. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Stagea

Yes, 14.8 does seem high, but I think it was because it was new and the missus was enjoying the power! Will test it again in the future.

post-36453-1176459268.jpg post-36453-1176459807.jpg

dave car looks good ,like i said luv the blue, i dont think we sussed out whether its's 4wd or 2[being non turbo i guess 2]......horses 4 courses mate i hope it fits the bill....but me i'd want more power,bigger wheels, suspension you know what i mean.... tricked up a bit, i know not eveyone is into performance but most of us guys & girls buy rb powered cars because of their response to modification.....can you tell me whats it like powerwise compered to other cars?

cheers & good driving

leetom.

Seems to have as much pull as a 2006 Maxima (3L V6), and about the same (nah, more than) my old 91 Primera.

Enough for my budget!

Cheers

thats pretty impressive for a n/a 2.5 1600kg wagon, i've driven a maxima and i would of thought they would challenge a stock turbo stagea

Guys, I hate to be a party pooper but this is far off topic now. It's supoosed to be the buyers guide. All the essential stuff is getting buried in personal wishes, want's and stuff about fuel economy. All that stuff should be on the wasteland post.

Guys, I hate to be a party pooper but this is far off topic now. It's supoosed to be the buyers guide. All the essential stuff is getting buried in personal wishes, want's and stuff about fuel economy. All that stuff should be on the wasteland post.

i was under the belief that wasteland was for useless chatter, maybe i'm wrong but i would of thought it was right on topic,

anyone interested in purchasing a stagea being turbo or non turbo would be interested in power & econemy & the pro's & con's of both.

I agree with Leetom. This is completely relevant to this subject.

This is where I came to get info before I bought my car, which I found very useful, since I knew nothing about the car before.

Now I'm sharing my experiences, because I seem to have bought a Stagea which is different to you guys in Aussie.

Let everyone else know about the consumption, power output, performance and different models of cars as well.

By the way, it is rear whel drive only.

Yeah OK, maybe not the wasteland, but nearly all of these subjsects have been covered many times. The buyers guide, was supposed to be just that, Facts about the cars, and links to where those facts coudl be found. In the last 2 months it's blown out from being easy to read to what is now 6 pages of mostly personall stuff. Whilst we like looking at new cars, this should be done in a new topic not on a sticky thread.

The factory fuel consumtion figures are all here, (if you look). Just add 10% (like all factory figues).

The buyers guide is one of the first theads newbie's read. Getting the facts, (size, capacity, power, etc etc) is more important when first looking, IMO.

The buyers guide is one of the first theads newbie's read. Getting the facts, (size, capacity, power, etc etc) is more

important when first looking, IMO./quote]

i'll keep this brief so not to overload this thread with irrelavant info,but is'nt size, capacity,power exactly what we where talking about which i'm sure any newbie would be interested in??

Hi guys,

Great site!

I've just joined sau as i'm looking at buying a 99'-00' neo rs4. Being in adelaide my options are only to look interstate for one of these. I'm looking at a 00' model with approx 83000kms with the asking price of $17000 down from $17900, is that reasonable? a 7yr old car with those k's might mean genuine k's? does anyone know a good contact in melb that won't charge too much to go and inspect the car before i fly over to look at it myself?

I'm also in contact with kamikaze motors in vic with getting one from them. what are they like to deal with? guy i spoke to seems genuine and told be he's sure they don't wind back their neo stagea's.

just want to add that thank goodness i discovered the stagea when the Boss mentioned that we're going to have to upgrade to a wagon! with a 2 yr old and another on the books for 08', the stagea will be perfect.... fingers crossed! it'll be the fastest car i've evr owned! lol!

thanks.

n.

Edited by webng

Hi guys,

Great site!

I've just joined sau as i'm looking at buying a 99'-00' neo rs4. Being in adelaide my options are only to look interstate for one of these. I'm looking at a 00' model with approx 83000kms with the asking price of $17000 down from $17900, is that reasonable? a 7yr old car with those k's might mean genuine k's? does anyone know a good contact in melb that won't charge too much to go and inspect the car before i fly over to look at it myself?

I'm also in contact with kamikaze motors in vic with getting one from them. what are they like to deal with? guy i spoke to seems genuine and told be he's sure they don't wind back their neo stagea's.

just want to add that thank goodness i discovered the stagea when the Boss mentioned that we're going to have to upgrade to a wagon! with a 2 yr old and another on the books for 08', the stagea will be perfect.... fingers crossed! it'll be the fastest car i've evr owned! lol!

thanks.

n.

I looked to Japan for my Series 1. Once it arrives in adelaide in about 3 weeks I will be able to give you my thoughts on the whole process.

I am going through a guy I met that used to import a few cars for friends, now he has started a business. Elite Auto Imports.

He has been very helpful and the whole process so far has been stress free (other than waiting of cause)

I looked to Japan for my Series 1. Once it arrives in adelaide in about 3 weeks I will be able to give you my thoughts on the whole process.

I am going through a guy I met that used to import a few cars for friends, now he has started a business. Elite Auto Imports.

He has been very helpful and the whole process so far has been stress free (other than waiting of cause)

Cool, so he does all the leg work (compliance etc) and he has a contact in Japan i assume. Would love to know how it all goes if i haven't yet bought one for myself.