SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

nissan fast is the parts software that nissan uses. there are two versions out there, the common one that covers cars up to 2001ish, and the newer one which only a few people have, but it covers all the newer model cars like the M35 and V35 aswell.

when you do a fast check you put your VIN number in the software and you can see how your car came from factory, wheather it was a turbo or not, manual or auto, what colour it was, and if it had any factory fitted options. its also good for getting part numbers.

Edited by QWK32

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Just bought my stag last week. c34 rs s2, 77k he had it for 12k got it for 9900, good price? Would like to run the numbers through fast if possible?

Had it checked out just needed new rear tyres (rwd) and new oil filter! Is due for a service though.

I was wondering about the grille, it seems that most are black with chrome outer lining (do you know what i mean?). But mine is fully black, and the paint is chipping to reveal chrome? Was wondering if it's been painted or if it may have came out stock all black or as an option? If it wasn't stock, why would you do that?

What do you reckon?

:blink:

• 1 month later...
Hey! Just bought my stag last week. c34 rs s2, 77k he had it for 12k got it for 9900, good price? Would like to run the numbers through fast if possible?

Had it checked out just needed new rear tyres (rwd) and new oil filter! Is due for a service though.

I was wondering about the grille, it seems that most are black with chrome outer lining (do you know what i mean?). But mine is fully black, and the paint is chipping to reveal chrome? Was wondering if it's been painted or if it may have came out stock all black or as an option? If it wasn't stock, why would you do that?

What do you reckon?

:P

Yours is rear wheel drive? An "s" model? Doubt if black grill surround is stock - I guess a previous owner liked it better that way. How about some photos!

• 3 weeks later...

Fairly new to the Stag/Skyline scene, just wanting ask a few questions.

Im looking at a couple of differnt ones and differnt specs.

There is one in particular it's a GF-WGC34, so gathering from what i have read thats a turbo rear wheel drive. Am i correct in saying so? Also what are the advantages of rear wheel drive or all wheel drive?

Appreciate the advice

the rust bug has hit me !!! feel like selling up :wub:

strut towers look bad !

Mirrors.

and Door HANDLE seals, slight brown stain.

i'll look in better light at the sunroof, mine came from the snowy section of japan. so give it about 5yrs and i think its screwed. unless there is some where who does a good job of rust removal

What do you reckon?

:wub:

Hey nice colour!

I like the kit. I have yet to see another one like mine in Bayside blue in NZ.

the rust bug has hit me !!! feel like selling up :P

strut towers look bad !

Mirrors.

and Door HANDLE seals, slight brown stain.

i'll look in better light at the sunroof, mine came from the snowy section of japan. so give it about 5yrs and i think its screwed. unless there is some where who does a good job of rust removal

natural weight reduction, she's all good. Just dont look at it!!!

Hey nice colour!

I like the kit. I have yet to see another one like mine in Bayside blue in NZ.

Yes it is a nice colour, as I'm sure you know. Gets some good comments, and as far as I know there one other on this form "greenghost" i think. So definately not too many around. Which I'm happy about.

Yeah the front bar is sweet, I've got it off at the moment thought cos it's too low. I need to get 20's or jack up the suspension to make it practical. I like the idea of 20's :P

hey :P

i'm looking to purchase my first Stagea!

the one i'm looking at is through a dealer (SSV Melbourne), and has been imported and complied by them.

in japan its been modified a bit including a carbon fibre hood, air intake, muffler, and clutch.

Is a blow off valve standard with a stagea? i'm pretty new to these cars :P

i have had a test drive (mmm i loved it) and everything seemed fine, apart from a squeaky fan belt on startup,

(which they assured me would be fixed when they get it complied / registered)

any help / advice would be a great help :)

Tomas.

hey :P

the one i'm looking at is through a dealer (SSV Melbourne), and has been imported and complied by them.

in japan its been modified a bit including a carbon fibre hood, air intake, muffler, and clutch.

Is a blow off valve standard with a stagea? i'm pretty new to these cars :(

i have had a test drive (mmm i loved it) and everything seemed fine, apart from a squeaky fan belt on startup,

any help / advice would be a great help :blink:

Tomas.

That would be the black TypeS yes?

Dunno if the bonnet would pass road worthy, not many CF bonnets do.

If the BOV vents to atmo, it is nowhere near standard. I don't believe that you can here the standard BOV when shifting gears.

Hmm.. CF bonnet & aftermarket BOV = defect central in Melbourne!

'tis a nice (but excessively pricey) looking stag though!

Edited by iamhe77

That would be the black TypeS yes?

Dunno if the bonnet would pass road worthy, not many CF bonnets do.

If the BOV vents to atmo, it is nowhere near standard. I don't believe that you can here the standard BOV when shifting gears.

Hmm.. CF bonnet & aftermarket BOV = defect central in Melbourne!

'tis a nice (but excessively pricey) looking stag though!

yeah thats the one! pretty much thats the condition of the sale, that it passes roadworthy / compliance.

the thing is that i dont drive that often, and i'm gonna just go on the truth that

"i bought it as is from a dealer, and it was complied and roadworthy how it is. you go and talk to them about it"!

and i wont drive it like i stole it, so i'm sure i'll be fine! XD!

i pretty much fell in love with it first look / drive!

(i guess i could always "downgrade" the things that would catch canaries)

*sigh* mmm happy

almost into the realm of Stagea!

• 4 weeks later...
hey :rofl:

Is a blow off valve standard with a stagea? i'm pretty new to these cars :D

any help / advice would be a great help :P

Tomas.

whats the k's on the car ? squeaky belt could mean brand new and not tight enough .... or shit.

if over 100,000k's and hasnt had the major service done. let that be your first gift to the car. just have a bit of coin left over for it :)

I have a a Series 1 r33 sedan, hyundai granduer(crapola, POS...never buy one) .. and im looking to purchase a stagea(probably series 1, would prefer series 2) shortly, what sort of prices are about regular now? I've seen a few here in QLD for well under $10,000, they were all series 1's tho. I feel about $9500 or so is fair for an example with about 100,000 or so on it? any advise on purchasing... ta

Yup, around the $10k-mark is the going rate for an S1 these days. There's a heap of invaluable information in this thread, but the biggest thing to remember would be to bear in mind the cars age. S1's are up to 13 years old now - mine is.

Hey guys im looking at picking up this stagea for 18k

I have only just started looking but this seems like a pretty good price.

Apparently only 62,000km on the clock :(

Its an auto with dvd player.

I think its an RS4 or an RS4V but im not even sure of the difference between the 2 models.

So yeh just wanted some more help on identifying this model and how much it might be worth.

Sorry if all this has already been explained.

Oh and if this is in the wrong spot just delete it and ill post it somewhere else.

Any help or guidance is appreciated, this thread kicks.

30xiqnb.jpg

25z184h.jpg

kagw08.jpg

That'll be an M35 250t RS Four(V?). But since there's no M35 buyers guide (someone was working on it weren't they?), here is a reasonable place for the post. But, you might be better off starting a new thread (or reviving on old one) that specifically asks about M35 issues in order to catch the eye of all the M35 owners out there.