SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

What bad reports have you heard about the suspension?

That they handle shitful standard and that there have been quite a few members with shagged stock shocks, as the factory shocks are not really made to last on a car of this size...

That they handle shitful standard and that there have been quite a few members with shagged stock shocks, as the factory shocks are not really made to last on a car of this size...

Precisely hence why i bought a series 2 with all upgraded brakes and suspension tein coilovers etc - Lucky to get it in S.A for a VERY good price

18" wheels - Kenwood Stereo with DVD and screen full exhaust - Immaculate inside and out besides the Stagea jap floor mats are dirty underneath is perfect

Tow Bar :(

All the bells and whistles

Paid exactly what i needed to spend

Thanks for your advice guys and this is the new stagea to the forums let me know what you think

Matt

6850802.jpg

6850807.jpg

6850837.jpg

6850816.jpg

Edited by uppon2

Nice car. If you know what you want you can get lots of mods for little extra cost (as those trying to sell their cars will have noticed!

(BTW the shocks on any ten year old car will be stuffed if they are still the original equipment)

Precisely hence why i bought a series 2 with all upgraded brakes and suspension tein coilovers etc - Lucky to get it in S.A for a VERY good price

18" wheels - Kenwood Stereo with DVD and screen full exhaust - Immaculate inside and out besides the Stagea jap floor mats are dirty underneath is perfect

Tow Bar :D

All the bells and whistles

Paid exactly what i needed to spend

Thanks for your advice guys and this is the new stagea to the forums let me know what you think

Matt

nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
that's really a nice car!

Can you post the speaker sizes in the first post on this forum? I am looking to upgrade mine as they are blown and I can't seem to find the sizes anywhere. The manual is in Japanese so it really didn't do me too good.

Thanks!

Can you post the speaker sizes in the first post on this forum? I am looking to upgrade mine as they are blown and I can't seem to find the sizes anywhere. The manual is in Japanese so it really didn't do me too good.

Thanks!

Speakers are 6" (or 6.25", but for all intents and purposes, they're the same thing), front and rear. Some Stageas came with splits in the front, and the tweeters are under a little grill at the bottom of the A-pillar.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just having a read an i must say my stagea must be pretty rare it is a 25 xfour silver it was built 06/1997 but it has a heap of factory options i have cream leather interior with the suede door inserts i also have the navi/tv as well as of the usual optional extra's including the self closing rear hatch and a factory cd stacker in the boot also from reading the first post it stated that the 25 xfour came out only as a non turbo but mine is running a RB25det and it says on the build plate that it is a factory RB25det.

Patrick

Hi

I'm looking at purchsing a C34 stagea over the next few months, and have to say this forum has been fantastic for gathering info about them!

I'm flying to Sydney in early October to have a look at a few (not too many to browse in Tassie). Any recommendations of dealers to check out? I've already spoken to North Shore Prestige and am looking to go to Nagoya Motors as well. Can anyone suggest any other dealers to try and visit? I've seen GT High Performance on one site, does anyone know anything about them?

Feel free to send me a PM if that is easier. Any guidance or wisdom would be appreciated!

Thanks

TIm

• 1 month later...

when i FAST my vin number, it tells me my cars a 2WD RSV, but when i list the options, it includes, TV, leather and woodgrain interior and steering wheel and 2 sunroofs, yet according to the links posted in this thread, i may have an RSV prime edition.

does anyone know if FAST will show its a prime edition or will it just show as an RSV with all the options?

• 1 month later...
Hey finally found THE spec list. This is for series 2's. It's from the online catalogue, which I will post up the link. Be aware that this is through google's language tools. It's a translation from the original japanese site, (so for lead, as a color - read RED...I kid you not!).

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am.../language_tools

I just thought that I'd add this again, as it seems some might be missing it.

Just click on the link to get the translated page specs for Series 2 C34's.

It will clear things up like the post above about the 25 X Four, there was also a 25 XT four.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, new here.

What would be a rough price I should expect too pay for a minor service? And I have only ever had na cars so I have no idea about when a turbo should be serviced ect if there is a link I do appolagise.

Steve

Can't really think of anything on a minor service that would be different. The only thing that comes to mind in the longer term is that it is a good idea to take the intercooler out and clean the insides - a fairly straightforward but labour intensive job that you could do yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Without reading through entire thread, i've noticed my RS Four S has most of these options yet had no extra factory fitted options. So I assume this model was pretty much top spec at the time?

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just having a read an i must say my stagea must be pretty rare it is a 25 xfour silver it was built 06/1997 but it has a heap of factory options i have cream leather interior with the suede door inserts i also have the navi/tv as well as of the usual optional extra's including the self closing rear hatch and a factory cd stacker in the boot also from reading the first post it stated that the 25 xfour came out only as a non turbo but mine is running a RB25det and it says on the build plate that it is a factory RB25det.

Patrick

There not rare, just most of the ones imported here are rs models, I also have a 25t x four.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

First time poster long time browser.

Looking at getting a Stag shortly, got it picked out & everything is sorted but I haven't seen it in the flesh yet (Series 2, first gen). Noticed today that the badges on front/rear are only 'RS' not 'RSfour'...from reading on here it looks like it is RWD not AWD which doesn't phaze me that much, but looks like it also might be a Dayz edition due to the badge on the bottom left corner of the tailgate.

What exactly does a Dayz edition involve? Different bodykit & little interior bits? This car is auto & no leather or sunroofs.

Is being a Dayz worth much extra?

Is NOT being AWD worth significantly less? I'm already getting it at a fairly cheap price but it's always good to haggle.

Andrew

Hi guys,

First time poster long time browser.

Looking at getting a Stag shortly, got it picked out & everything is sorted but I haven't seen it in the flesh yet (Series 2, first gen). Noticed today that the badges on front/rear are only 'RS' not 'RSfour'...from reading on here it looks like it is RWD not AWD which doesn't phaze me that much, but looks like it also might be a Dayz edition due to the badge on the bottom left corner of the tailgate.

What exactly does a Dayz edition involve? Different bodykit & little interior bits? This car is auto & no leather or sunroofs.

Is being a Dayz worth much extra?

Is NOT being AWD worth significantly less? I'm already getting it at a fairly cheap price but it's always good to haggle.

Andrew

Hey Andrew, welcome to the forums!

If it only has RS, then it's likely just the 2WD version. One way to know for sure is to have a look at the chassis code - an "N" in the chassis code will tell you if it had AWD or not. All GT-Rs had an "N" (BNR32, BCNR33, BNR34, etc.), so the Stagea code should be WGC34 for the RWD instead of WGNC34. None of the RWDs came as manuals, either. AFAIK.

Dayz parts are mainly just options as you've stated, but I think a Dayz edition had a package of Dayz parts optioned on to it. You might be lucky and find a few little features that are pretty rare, like the tailgate interior lamp, etc.