SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

Cool, so he does all the leg work (compliance etc) and he has a contact in Japan i assume. Would love to know how it all goes if i haven't yet bought one for myself.

:whistling: I'm also in Adelaide and I'd be keen for some info on bringing one from Japan. Also does anyone know anything about Nissan Stagea RS FOUR V DAYZ edition?

:thumbsup: I'm also in Adelaide and I'd be keen for some info on bringing one from Japan. Also does anyone know anything about Nissan Stagea RS FOUR V DAYZ edition?

The DAYZ edition is, basically, just an option package with different body parts (front and rear bumpers, sometimes side skirts), and some extra interior options here and there.

just like to point out some slight errors in the orignal post if i may.

• it is true in series 1 you couldn't get a turbo rwd, however, in series 2 you may get turbo rwd.
  • RS does not mean the car is turbo. X FOUR's came in turbs & non turbs with no mention of RS.
  • In series 2 the RS models had a prefix either V or S to designate turbo (S - turbo manual).
  • The TGKNRXA code on your firewall plate will tell you your model.

I have lists of these codes and would like to list them here but the forum wont allow formatting so

the table comes up as gobbity-gook. Any qusetions please ask...

just like to point out some slight errors in the orignal post if i may.
  • it is true in series 1 you couldn't get a turbo rwd, however, in series 2 you may get turbo rwd.
  • RS does not mean the car is turbo. X FOUR's came in turbs & non turbs with no mention of RS.
  • In series 2 the RS models had a prefix either V or S to designate turbo (S - turbo manual).
  • The TGKNRXA code on your firewall plate will tell you your model.

I have lists of these codes and would like to list them here but the forum wont allow formatting so

the table comes up as gobbity-gook. Any qusetions please ask...

Thanks for that!

Yeah, I have noticed that some of the info is incorrect, and just haven't had the time to correct and update the info as yet. Series 2 information was a bit hard to come by when I first made the post, so that's why most of the info only really relates to s1. Since then, I've managed to get my hands on the HyperRev magazines, and there is just enough info in there in English that I can reliably update what I've previously posted.

• 1 month later...

STANDARD EQUIPMENT SERIES II

FRONT VARIABLE SPEED WIPER

REAR WIPER

REMOTE WING MIRRORS

SUPER BRIGHT HEADLAMPS

BUMPER MOUNTED HALOGEN FOG LAMPS (YELLOW)

LONG LIFE BEADING GLASS (FRONT DOOR GLASS)

REAR WINDOW DEMISTER (TIMED)

UV CUT GREEN GLASS (FRONT)

TILT STEERING

TACHO

LCD ODOMETER. TWIN TRIP METER

CENTRAL LOCKING (& BACK DOOR)

DIGITAL CLOCK

FOOT OPERATED PARKING BRAKE & RELEASE

(MT CENTER LEVER PARKING BRAKE)

FRONT DOOR POCKET

CONSOLE POCKET (AT ONLY)

INSTO POCKET

FOOTREST

FUEL FILLER LID OPENER

FUEL GAUGE • DOOR OPEN WARNING

KEY WARNING • HEADLAMP WARNING

INGNITION KEY LIGHT

REMOTE CONTROL ENTRY (BACK DOOR INCLUDED)

DRIVER & PASSENGER VANITY MIRROR

ANTI BACTERIAL STEERING WHEEL & GEAR KNOB(!)

OZONE SAFE CLIMATE CONTROL WITH CLEAN FILTER

POWER STEERING

POWER WINDOWS

CUP HOLDERS

DRIVER LUMBAR SUPPORT

DRIVER DUAL SEAT LIFTER

FRONT SEAT BACK POCKET

REAR CENTRE ARMREST

REAR SPLIT SEAT (6:4)

TUFTED LUGGAGE CARPET

LUGGAGE SIDE POCKETS

LUGGAGE UNDER POCKET

LUGGAGE FLOOR HOOK

LUGGAGE SIDE HOOK

LUGGAGE HANGER RAIL

BACK DOOR GRIP

TONNEAU COVER

REAR SEAT RECLINER

REMOTE REAR SEAT DROPPER

REVERSIBLE LUGGAGE FLOOR

LUGGAGE ROOM 12V SOCKET

did a compression test the other day:

130-130-130-130-129-130

I brought it with 52000 on the clock - now at 67000

I think i am beginning to trust my odometer - so it looks likethere are a fair few legit low km's stageas around.

• 2 weeks later...

the stagea Differential can be changed out with any of hte following that i know for sure

S13

S14

S15

r32

r33

r34

Y32

Y33

C33

C34

ALl you have to do in ANY Of these situations is change the drivesahft input (22+mm nut) then use a puller to pull it off the shaft, install it on the new housing (from whatever model you chose) And make sure hte shafts are the same

My stagea has 6 bolt shafts, and so did the s13 housing i was using

lastly replace the rear cover with the stagea rear cover, unless your using an s14, i believe they are the same..same with r33

and its that easy

this opens up the option for used Diffs from many differnet venues to make it easier on eveyrone!

The DAYZ edition is, basically, just an option package with different body parts (front and rear bumpers, sometimes side skirts), and some extra interior options here and there.

yes, i have that package

has front, side, rear enhancements

as well as color keyed interior parts instead of wood

thats all that is different as far as i know

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Great site!

I've just joined sau as i'm looking at buying a 99'-00' neo rs4. Being in adelaide my options are only to look interstate for one of these. I'm looking at a 00' model with approx 83000kms with the asking price of $17000 down from $17900, is that reasonable? a 7yr old car with those k's might mean genuine k's? does anyone know a good contact in melb that won't charge too much to go and inspect the car before i fly over to look at it myself?

I'm also in contact with kamikaze motors in vic with getting one from them. what are they like to deal with? guy i spoke to seems genuine and told be he's sure they don't wind back their neo stagea's.

just want to add that thank goodness i discovered the stagea when the Boss mentioned that we're going to have to upgrade to a wagon! with a 2 yr old and another on the books for 08', the stagea will be perfect.... fingers crossed! it'll be the fastest car i've evr owned! lol!

thanks.

n.

I just recently bought my Stagea from Kamikaze (99 RS turbo RWD) odo read 46000 damn low for the age of car it'd be sus but the car is in showroom condition looks brand new inside and out and the guys were really good to deal :thumbsup:

I just recently bought my Stagea from Kamikaze (99 RS turbo RWD) odo read 46000 damn low for the age of car it'd be sus but the car is in showroom condition looks brand new inside and out and the guys were really good to deal :)

Congratulations, Ryan, and welcome to your new addiction! Welcome to the forums too!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am looking at importing a stagea to use as our family car. have any of you had any trouble fitting reversible car seats for babies in them. i've noticed that the stagea's dont have much room in the back seat. i have also been conserned about the fuel consumption, it varies so much from person to person. my wife will be driving most of the time and she doesnt have a heavy foot at all. if she doesnt boost it much around town would we get around 12l/100klms? also do the rwd models have slightly better fuel consuption?

Thanks guys :)

Hi, and welcome!

Firstly, let me say: good choice! The Stagea is a great car, and you will be more than happy if you decide to buy one.

As far as child seats go, have a look here. There are plenty of owners amongst our group who have kids and use child seats in them. Some of us even have THREE child seats in the back of theirs.

I'm assuming your '94 Camry is one of the "wide body" versions, and the Stagea is roughly the same size as that, maybe slightly larger. It's not quite Commodore or Falcon sized, but it is a much better car than those two in so many ways.

Fuel consumption is not really a highlight, unfortunately, as they're a heavy car with a turbocharged engine, but they can be quite good if you drive them smoothly and mostly on a light throttle. It might be slightly higher than what you've quoted, but that figure is achievable. The RWD versions are roughly 100-150kg lighter, so you *might* see some improvements there.

If you have any further questions, then do a quick search within this area of SAU - most topics have been covered at least once or twice each. If you're still unsure, then feel free to ask away!

Thanks for the reply Goldzilla, that info was very helpful. i am going to look into what models can be imported into australia. maybe if i can get a non turbo rwd model, it might be what im after. i want something along the lines of a commodore / falcon wagon but i dont want to use as much fuel as they do.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply Goldzilla, that info was very helpful. i am going to look into what models can be imported into australia. maybe if i can get a non turbo rwd model, it might be what im after. i want something along the lines of a commodore / falcon wagon but i dont want to use as much fuel as they do.

Hey Al

you need to get this one straight B4 you do any silly like put a deposit on one in Japan! YOU CANNOT COMPLY A NON-TURBO (in Aus). So keep looking. If you are really frightened of the using more fuel than a falcon then maybe this isnt the car for you. It is possible (so I am told) to get them onto LPG. Dont know of anyone whos done it yet though. I also dont understand why anyone would buy a Stagea and not opt for AWD. Thats one of their best points.

Very helpful section!!! saves a lot of questions form guys like me!!

How much would something like this be worth? Not available, but still. How much would it go for over here, what would you pay for it?

1999 RSfour S, Dayz, Wheels, suspension, 5 speed, 75,400km.

kays8803-img600x450-1191890901auctemp_n.jpg

kays8803-img600x450-1191890888auctemp_z.jpg

If only it were black...

If i find a car i like on yahoo auctions or similar, how do i go about getting it imported (shipped and complianced etc)? can i go through j-spec or is there someone else you'd recommend?

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am looking at purchasing a Stagea, but the amount of different options is mind bogling, I brought home tonight a 1998 RS Four, it has four pot front and 2 pot rear brakes similar to a skyline. (Is that standard for this?) it is RB25DET non NEO AWD, it also has a PS type reservoir in the RHS rear inner panel, which I would pressume is a HICAS system??? I haven't decided which option package I will go for, but I am certain I would like the black dash interior without the woodgrain finish, Am I correct in saying that, that interior is only available with the Turbo Models???? Sorry for all the questions but I was wearing out the search button :D

I am looking at purchasing a Stagea, but the amount of different options is mind bogling, I brought home tonight a 1998 RS Four, it has four pot front and 2 pot rear brakes similar to a skyline. (Is that standard for this?) it is RB25DET non NEO AWD, it also has a PS type reservoir in the RHS rear inner panel, which I would pressume is a HICAS system??? I haven't decided which option package I will go for, but I am certain I would like the black dash interior without the woodgrain finish, Am I correct in saying that, that interior is only available with the Turbo Models???? Sorry for all the questions but I was wearing out the search button :banana:

I can't answer on the brakes(don't think they're standard), but the fluid resivour inside the boot in the compartment on the right is for the ATTESSA awd fluid.

-Ryan