SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

hey thanks for the quick reply, im pretty sure the boost solenoid is right but il check it with my automoter guage to be sure, the first thing im doing is dropping the cat and ripping the guts out. as for the full exhaust i dont think its much of a priority yet as the reason i am getting it is because i need to slow down, and be less conspicuous to the bacon patrol.

also who do i need to see about the FAST thing?? my vin is 6U900WGNC34128353, can some please let me know what im suposed to have.

thank you

Edited by lilcrash

nothing to do with perfromance, options are eg TV, sunroof, cold area version, leather seats etc etc

Mine was slow at first too, a mod here a mod there.....

oh well i already knew i didnt have that stuff, i didnt want any of it. :( . im just really biased on power because of my last car.

Try searching the Jaycar thread for the "10 minute no cost extra boost" til you can do some real mods:

This is the 10 minute no cost boost to 0.5 bar rerouting of the vacuum hoses. Disconnect the two vacuum hoses from the solenoid. Then connect the boost feed (from the cross over pipe on the left of the picture) to the standard T piece. Connect one side of the T piece directly to the wastegate actuator (on the right of the picture). The remaining connection on the T piece goes back into the inlet via the BOV return pipe (on the standard fitting). Make sure to put the standard brass restrictor in that vacuum hose to bypass the desired amount back into the turbo inlet. The standard bypass hole of 1.25 mm bypasses enough air flow for 0.5 bar. (See photo)

There are photos of the plumbing required (but don't exceed 12psi boost regularly if you have the standard ceramic turbo).

wouldnt it be easier for me to just bolt in my greddy profec or a boost t or just ground the earth wire on the stock solenoid?, how much boost can i expect to run on a daily basis for a few years without any problems? up until now ive been a pure toyota person so i dont know much about nissan

wouldnt it be easier for me to just bolt in my greddy profec or a boost t or just ground the earth wire on the stock solenoid?, how much boost can i expect to run on a daily basis for a few years without any problems? up until now ive been a pure toyota person so i dont know much about nissan

No

The "ten minute no cost boost increase to 0.5bar (actually it tells you how to get more boost if you want it)" would be easier as it just invlolves rerouting a few hoses and moving (and/or modifying a restrictor). It also involves completely bypassing the solenoid which is better than shorting it out. [bTW you are lucky to have a manual.. if you are planning a performance upgrade in the future sell your Greddy profec and get an Apexi PFC]

I have heard two schools of thought on the maximum boost you should run with the stock ceramic turbo - some say 10LB and some 12LB. You decide - its your car... but without any mods maybe 10 would be safer. I have a full exhaust and have upgraded the side mount intercooler to a Trust unit with 80% more flow and use 12lb as my maximum and hope to do so for some time as I can't afford to get my turbo rebuilt as a high flow ball bearing unit yet.

Although I used to be a mechanic I knew nothing about the RBs and have learned heaps from reading this website. On a dark and stormy night read through the Jaycar thread but lots of the others are interesting and informative as well.

Apart from the exhaust all my other mods are planned like you to be discreet so as not to attract the law. That is why I hope my Trust sidemount will prove adequate for the 160to 200RWK that I am aiming for. I have also upgraded the fuel pump, installed a fuel pressure regulator and am building the Jaycar boost controller and DAFC. I have a SITC to go in and then to the dyno for a tune.

I have also spent many $$$ on brakes and suspension but that's another story. Cars must be cheaper in NZ. My 1997 RS4T (no manual tho) cost $7000 and by the time I am finished I will have spent about $15000 to have a car that goes quite fast, handles quite well for an 1800kg wagon and stops well.

Good luck

im actually glad u said not to use the greddy, i hate it and its hard to get setup right, thats why i bought a boost t. i was thinking a maximum 10 pound neway but just making sure its safe before i do it. im probably not going to do any mods except for gutting the cat. i kind of like the flaming exhaust thing at night. is there any companies that make a bolt on rear muffler, the one on the car looks horrible.

thanks for the help

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I looked to Japan for my Series 1. Once it arrives in adelaide in about 3 weeks I will be able to give you my thoughts on the whole process.

I am going through a guy I met that used to import a few cars for friends, now he has started a business. Elite Auto Imports.

He has been very helpful and the whole process so far has been stress free (other than waiting of cause)

Hey Guys,

I'm an American living on Okinawa. Three years ago I had one of three Stags on the entire island. In the last six to nine months we have had Stags multiplying from the mainland like Roos in your out back. I no longer stand out or get asked about my 97RSTurbo as it's just one of many now. There are at least 6 pre 2000 for sale here between 2000 and 6000 American Dollars. Let me know if you want to start importing them to your berg!

I'm looking to upgrade to a 2002 RS Turbo. What's your opinion of the newer style?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, kinda new to owning a Stagea, got it 3 weeks ago.

1999 RsFour '?' Series II, in Black Pearl. Nothing wrong with mine i can find, no rust, none of the listed problems, except that the ex owner was using it as a family car, so i have a few scratches and scrapes here and there... It has all of the Extra's listed apart from the sunroof's, and i don't think it has the LSD diff...

OK, so i'm confused though, on the opening topic message only the RsFour S has the neo and is a manual? To my knowledge, i don't have the lsd, and i have a tiptronic 4spd auto, but i DO have a neo... Can anyone Help?

Cheers!

Tim

Okay, All the series 2 have the NEO engine. The RS FOUR S is a manual (the S makes it so). THe lsd was factoy in the 2wd turbos and the Manual. And came with the optional "S-pack" on all other models

Yep, that about covers it. There were also a very small amount of s1's that were fitted with the non-turbo Neo motors right at the end of the s1 model cycle.

• 1 month later...

Do RS260 Stagea's have rb25det listed on the genuine nissan compliance plate? cos i looked at one today they also said they had it running 22psi, as i own a gtir now not really sure on rb26 safe boost levels with factoy ecu's

Edited by JAP-JET