SAU Community

Are there any Skylines here?????

rs73

I may be visiting Tassie 3-4 days in around end of Feb....

Wonder if I will be the only R33 running around streets of Tasmania.....

I hope not, I had come to contact with a few R33 owners from Tassie, but not much...

I'm in Hobart and I have an R33 GTR, there are probably 4 or 5 others here (maybe more, I don't drive around the city much). There are quite a few other R33's around.

From what I've seen, Skyline owners don't go out of their way to stay in touch with each other down here (although someone did wave at me from an R31 recently). I guess there aren't enough to make it an active community, unlike other groups.

What abt fuel, is 98 octane fuel easy to get? I was thinking to bring some Octane booster from here, but seeing the tight security measures b4 boarding the ship might cause a hassle if you bring some flammable material in your car...

2nd, any of you went to Tahune Forest Reserve (where the airwalk is), I read that it's unsealed road, can drive a RWD skyline there or better not and get a 4WD?

98 is next to impossible to get. It can be done but in your situation forget it pretty much. A few cans of booster is the best you can do.

More pressure is needed on the fuel companies and the Government. The RACT down here is no help, one of their spokesmen has been quoted as saying that high quality fuel isn't needed down here.

Tim.

I also need the following travelling times (just estimate):

1. Devonport - Deloraine

2. Deloraine - Launceston

3. Launceston - Hobart

4. Hobart - Geeveston

5. Hobart - Port Arthur

Any help will be appreciated...

My standard R33 GTR has had no problem with any 95 octane fuel I've put in it except for Caltex which has proven time and again to be utter sh!t.

I have imported some Optimax for my track car which I occasionally use to fuel the GTR.

As for the other question about travelling distances most of them would be an hour or under except the Launceston-Hobart leg which is about 2 hours. All at around the speed limit. It's not far to anywhere here. :-)

Tim.

Hey Tim,

what abt the arve river rd (I think that's the road name) going from Geeveston to the Tahune Forest Reserve Airwalk... I read from books it's unsealed road... will it be ok for a RWD coupe to pass thru? Hope 4WD not mandatory.

thx

Rianto

I haven't been to the airwalk and it'd be a long time since I've been in that area so I can't help you directly.

I have asked someone who's been there who says he thinks it's sealed all the way but isn't 100% sure. I suggest that seeing as that was his response that if it wasn't sealed it must be in pretty good nick.

Tim.

Guest bucket1

Up on the North West Coast there's a handful of R33's, turbo and N/A, once again I use 95 RON and haven't hade any problems, My R33 is N/A though.

• 2 weeks later...

mate i can give you the times as i lived in tassie for 24 years

1. Devonport - Deloraine 30 minutes

2. Deloraine - Launceston 30 min

3. Launceston - Hobart 2 hours

4. Hobart - Geeveston 45min

5. Hobart - Port Arthur 90min

if you go hope you have fun

implanning on going back hojme for 2 weeks at easter, i cant wait as i had a ricey lancer when i left. When i return im driving a R32 GTST with 190rwkw.

Originally posted by rs73

I also need the following travelling times (just estimate):

1. Devonport - Deloraine

2. Deloraine - Launceston

3. Launceston - Hobart

4. Hobart - Geeveston

5. Hobart - Port Arthur

Any help will be appreciated...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Method
Originally posted by rs73

Hey Tim,

what abt the arve river rd (I think that's the road name) going from Geeveston to the Tahune Forest Reserve Airwalk... I read from books it's unsealed road... will it be ok for a RWD coupe to pass thru? Hope 4WD not mandatory.

thx

Rianto

Ive been down to the airwalk, im pretty sure I had my front wheel drive lancer coupe then and it made it in and out without a hassle.

Good News for me:

Looks like I will be visiting Tasmania after all these years....

Plans are mid May 2003, I know it may not be the best season to go as it's approaching winter, and the climate may be wet and cold, but better than never go....

Bad News for me:

I won't be driving my Skyline, will be going with my old folks. We'll fly to Hobart then rent a little Lancer (I book for a manual one, hope they give me the right one, hate the autos in Lancer). From there we will be travelling around and making our way north and return to Melbourne via Launceston. But hey one of my previous car was a 93 Lancer, so I know they're pretty ok car in a manual form.

Bad News for you:

And if you think of asking "Rianto, can I borrow your 'line while you're away?", the answer is "No, not in a million years", then you say "DOH!" :(