SAU Community

Stagea Wheel Dimensions?

thedriver

Diameter and width are fine, but the offset looks too high - I'm guessing that if they DO fit on your car without hitting on any suspension components or rubbing on the inner wheel-arch, then they're going to sit too far inside your guards to look right. They'll be too tucked in.

Also, if they do fit, make sure you use the right holes for your wheel-studs - this wheel is a 10-stud design, 5 of the holes are for a 100mm PCD (Subaru Impreza, Forrestor and Liberty; Audi TT and A3; VW Golf Mk3, Mk4, and New Beetle) and the other are for 114.3mm PCD, which is what your Stagea will use. The hub centre size is also different, so you'll need to get an adaptor to suit - this is VERY important as this is where the weight of your car sits on the wheels, NOT on your wheel studs.

very true...

I was just wondering, is offset measured in mm ? What is R33GTR wheel offset - like, 38? So wouldn't the difference of 2mm be outweighed by the difference in rim width of 1/2 inch (~12.5mm)? Or am I way off here...

Edit: I may have answered my own question here... thinking about it some more... offset is rim-width dependent; therefore it won't be sticking out as much to begin with (and will possibly not look right)... but I think that it can't protrude *in* too far, because the rim is 1/2 inch narrower than a rim which I know to fit, which has a similar offset... I think???

Edited by DaveB

Btw I thought it might be interesting to post up my wheel alignment sheet. The guy who did the wheel alignment wasn't really comfortable with SK's recommended -2mm each side at the rear, because he was worried it would chew the tires out prematurely, so I went with his suggestion of as close as possible to zero front and rear. Nothing I can tell that is different yet, apart from the fact that the steering is still much lighter; the tyres are still coated in too much goo to tell if it is understeering; I will test that later. However by the looks of how things were before this can only be an improvement :blink:

I have noticed more road noise (tyre noise, like a rubbing sound), but this could be a combination of the larger rims/lower profile tyres and the (very) chunky tread design.

post-32445-1224600274_thumb.jpg

Hey all, can someone let me know if these will fit S1 Stag?

Any help greatly appreciated.

post-51686-1224593707_thumb.jpg

yes, they will fit. for what it's worth they will sit ~30mm in from the edge of a GTR wheel and have ~10mm more inner clearance.

i'll reserve my opinion on the actual wheel specs though..

you're on the money, dave. how a rim sits is dependent on both width and offset. offset is measured in mm as a distance from the centre line of the wheel to the mounting plane. the higher the offset the further in the wheel will sit.

WheelOffset.jpg

if anyone has offset specific questions feel free to pm me and i'll answer them for you :cheers:

you're on the money, dave. how a rim sits is dependent on both width and offset. offset is measured in mm as a distance from the centre line of the wheel to the mounting plane. the higher the offset the further in the wheel will sit.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! :cheers:

Wow, sounds like more trouble than they worth! Definately want a rim that is going to enhance the look of the car AND be easy and straight forward to fit. Cheers guys for the help......the search continues....

• 2 weeks later...

was at my brothers on the weekend and he had some rims sitting there that i had to trial fit. they are Work Meisters 18" x 10" wide with -3 offset. tyres were 245 40 r18. on the stock suspension they fit, but did hang out of the guard a little bit :P did the front only, the rears were - 20 offset on an even wider rim.

post-34711-1225765685_thumb.jpgpost-34711-1225765696_thumb.jpg

Edited by QWK32

Holy crap, they're WIDE. I have some R33 GTR rims on my S2 and they are 9" wide which looks huge... but yours are sitting an inch outside the guards... looks cool though. Must make it just about look like a steam-roller from the front :P

Bob Jane Racing "Grafic" 7.5" x 17" +40 offset

235/45x17" hankook Ventus-K104

Bilstein shocks lowering circlips w/ stock springs

Nice... that's a good ride height I think. What height is it centre to guard or how many fingers?

Alright, I bought some V35 Skyline wheels for my wagon a few weeks ago because I absolutely love how they look on GorGasm's car.

Wheels are 18"x8" and offset is +30mm. Tyres are Federal 595-SS, 245x40x18 all around. The rear guards need to be rolled as I get occasional scrubbing, front guards are fine.

NewWheels1.jpg

NewWheels3.jpg

NewWheels4.jpg

NewWheels5.jpg

NewWheels6.jpg

NewWheels7.jpg

I'm in :wub: again!

QUESTION: Keep mudflaps, or remove them?

beaut !!!!

very nice.

either or in regards to mudguards, keep em or ditch.

probably keep em on I suppose

love those wheels as well, would love a set myself.

DaveB, the heights are 595 for both front L&R, and around 575 for both rears

hope that helps

the BJR mags are cheap at $100 each

Alright, I bought some V35 Skyline wheels for my wagon a few weeks ago because I absolutely love how they look on GorGasm's car.

Wheels are 18"x8" and offset is +30mm. Tyres are Federal 595-SS, 245x40x18 all around. The rear guards need to be rolled as I get occasional scrubbing, front guards are fine.

looks awesome Nick, how much did the v35 wheels set you back?

Looks great Nick. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh when I can.

Cheers

Andy

looks awesome Nick, how much did the v35 wheels set you back?

Thanks mate, got them for just under a grand because there are some marks in the finish (as can be seen in the third picture). The marks have somehow cut into the clear coat - might be the result of wheel cleaner not being properly washed off.

Looks great Nick. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh when I can.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy. Looking forward to catching up.

DaveB, the heights are 595 for both front L&R, and around 575 for both rears

hope that helps

the BJR mags are cheap at $100 each

Sorry Tangles meant the centre of wheel to under guard measurements... mine's ~400mm and it's *high* :D

Holy crap, they're WIDE. I have some R33 GTR rims on my S2 and they are 9" wide which looks huge... but yours are sitting an inch outside the guards... looks cool though. Must make it just about look like a steam-roller from the front :)

lol, yeah i didn't leave them on. just wanted to see how they looked.

Btw I thought it might be interesting to post up my wheel alignment sheet. The guy who did the wheel alignment wasn't really comfortable with SK's recommended -2mm each side at the rear, because he was worried it would chew the tires out prematurely, so I went with his suggestion of as close as possible to zero front and rear. Nothing I can tell that is different yet, apart from the fact that the steering is still much lighter; the tyres are still coated in too much goo to tell if it is understeering; I will test that later. However by the looks of how things were before this can only be an improvement :bomb_ie:

I have noticed more road noise (tyre noise, like a rubbing sound), but this could be a combination of the larger rims/lower profile tyres and the (very) chunky tread design.

post-32445-1224600274_thumb.jpg

You need more castor - i have mine over 5 (can't find the chart ATM) to give more straight lline steadiness at top speeds.

Looked at some 350Z wheels I am bidding on and tried them. They fit fine on my S1 lowered about 35mm. They are 18in by 8 offset +30(5stud x114,3). Potenzas front 225/45 18 rear 245/45 18