SAU Community

Carmate.com - What Are They Like

Keeper

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a kit similar to the JUN one for my S2 R33 coupe,

has anyone here ordered a bodykit off carmate.com before? and if so what was your experience?

they seam to have the best prices, but saying that I need it posted to NZ so it might not work out so hot after all

thanks

dave

cant help you with the kit...

but i got a stealth wing off them through a friend.

it was pretty good - but like all copies it required abit of sanding back and filling and prepping before i could get it painted.

that said i wouldn't get a kit from them (or anywhere else) for that matter without being able to have a look at the actual kit in person - unless it was a genuine item

they arent too bad as i got a kit off them wen i had my pulsar. but if i had the chance to do it again i wouldnt buy from them as their customer service was not great and the kit did not fit 100% required a fair bit of work 2 get it 2 fit and still did not sit absolutely flush.

Bought a front bar for my R32 GTST. Customer service was good in my opinion. Had to do a couple of minor adjustments to get it to fit, but fit great in the end. Dad sprayed it and it looks great. I'd recommend them.

my fiberglass bonnet from carmate was pretty exceptional quality when i got it.It was primed and preped very well the painter said.All that was needed was the shop to give it a light prepping.

Other than that you should give them a call and discuss what you want.They are an establlished business.I remember years ago that they were located on the hume hwy at lansvale.But they have since moved shop to woodville road,Villawood.

So imo,they are a good shop to do business with.

Edited by Trust33

My cousin bought a kit for his rolla from them.

He paid in full in november and didnt recieve it until late january. It was funny coz when the kit was finally put on, we were standing and waiting and there was this other guy they complaing about how he has been waiting for over a month for his subaru kit.

Customer service was shocking and after such a long wait it was disapointing that the kit didnt even fit properly.

Me and a mate went there jus to hae a look for kits and when we asked if its gonna fit straight on the guy replies "no, we have to 'hack' into your standard rear bar and put it over the top". mmmm....sound's like your really gonna look after my car!

Yeah mate i bought my JUN bar from them like you are going to like 1 year ago. the same one you are considering buyng. the pictures on the page look great but the bar is crap. My panel guy could not beleive it he said it was junk straight away. it is the crapest thing in the world. and on top of that it came broken on each corner of the bar already. it is like thinnest thing in the world. And the thing is my panel beater signed for it even though it was broken cause thats what you do plus he had been good to me in the past so i didnt say anything about it and just bent over and took it from carmate and also my panel beater.

I called carmate and they said they could not do anything. they are dodgy. The thing is the breaks looked like they had happened when it was made. not in transportation. I paid a bit for the bar as well. The bar is all broken now. Anything that it touches breaks it. and it broke again in the places were it came broken. and the primer and that that it came in was like the crappest. so thin and was not in most areas of the bar. This had to be done again and it got charged for it. the bar is so thin that it wobbles in the air when driving and my steering now shakes as a result.

It wasnt my panel beaters fault the spoiler came wrapped up and that. so he just signed. you are supposed to inspect the bar first or something before signing. The bar came with a sticker but my panel beater did not see it. the sticker said something like check for faults before signing. But that is so dodgy the bar comes all wrapped up and nobody really keeps the drivers waiting and that. People just sign.

So yeah a friend of mine is copying my front bar the JUN one for R33. The thing is he makes them and he makes them really thick and chuncky and of good quality. Not like the cheap knockoff made in asia and sold by carmate. so if you want one maybe you can get one he is in melbourne. and is well priced. and makes them properly. I regret buying it from them i wish i had known Ron before cause he would have made it properly. I have had people tell me my bar wobbles when i was at the stop lights. And im like yeah i know, thanks. Or people point at my bar while im driving, like indicating that something is wrong.

http://www.ronscarbodykits.com.au

Edited by el_bichito

The bonnets would have 2 b about the only good thing that u can buy from there through my experience with them. was the only part of the whole kit that actually fit properly

do your research before buying something off carmate because their prices are usually high. I got a quote for carbon stove burner tail lights for a 92 prelude off them for $490 but when i looked on eBay i found the same thing for $160 aussie dollars delivered.. so im not sure <_<