SAU Community

Whiteline Adj. Swaybars Settings?

NickR33

One last try, let me table the average results for the Subaru 22mm adjustable rear stabiliser bar at 60 mm travel

Soft/Soft = 2,350

Soft/Medium = 3,017

Medium/Medium = 3,133

Medium/Hard = 3,667

Hard/Hard = 3,933

That is 3 holes on each arm with 5 rates as per my post;

One last Jim quote, from 2002;

We moved on from this with the real world test as I described in the post above, the answer I arrived at was "insignificant" because no one could pick it in a real world (blind) test.

You choose to believe what you want, all I can say is try it for yourself. If you can pick the assymetry (in a blind test) then you will be the first.

:/ cheers :D

Hi,

Would you have results for a 200sx?

Also these figures 3,133 etc, are they in kgf/m?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 years later...

Thread Revival! 

I’ve got an R33GTST that has the whiteline sway bar. I think it was on the hard setting and snapped one of the sway bar link brackets and I think on the other side the bar has been rubbing on the rubber brake line and worn it a way a little. 

I’ve almost fixed it all up and was considering putting the stock anti roll bar on to limit load on the bracket and avoid rubbing. 

Has anyone else had any issue. Alternatively I may just run the whiteline on the soft setting. Does the bar slide a bit left to right? Is there a way to avoid it? 

Thanks

54 minutes ago, benl1981 said:

Alternatively I may just run the whiteline on the soft setting

I ran 24mm bar on soft setting at rear for years before changing to 22mm on hard.

I run 24mm bar on hard setting at front and have done so for many years. No breakage. But this is on an R32, not an ocean liner.

56 minutes ago, benl1981 said:

Does the bar slide a bit left to right? Is there a way to avoid it?

You can put a bit of rubber sheet and a hose clamp around the bar on each side of one or both D brackets to keep it laterally aligned.