SAU Community

4wd Not Working After Abs Removal

NXTIME

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what Fitzpatrick Speed Works is tryn to say is that wheel sensors travel thought the ABS which would make sense if one wheel starts to move slower when braking then it maybe be lock so release some pressure. This works the other way round when it gos thought the attesa system when the Rear wheels move faster then the front the system winds more and more front wheel drive in. I think Fitzpatrick Speed Works is say that the senors which run to the ABS need to be pluged straight into the attessa loom.This would finsh the circuit at the moment the computer is looking for the input form the ABS to see if it is using these senors when there is no reply i guess it go's into limp mode.

hope thats right Fitzpatrick Speed Works please tell me if im wrong so i can delete the post dont want to stuff up a good thread

BRAD

Edited by blk180

No brad you are on the money. The wheel sensors from memory go through a relay and box that I think is meant for the ABS then go back to the ecu what I did is cut the wires from there source the ETS ECU and made new ones right to the front to the wheels sensors. The error code wont show problems with the sensors as they wont work without pulse and pulse back from and to the computer if you get me its saying there is no pulse it must be the computers fault>>

ok well seeing as they are not going to try the method they first thought i will post it up.

now apparently the fwd section the part that selects fwd and deselects it, if you get a bolt and screw it into the centre that way its on all the time and you can get rid off all the associated gear and save some weight.

they thought this was a bad idea seeing as its a circuit car and they would like the attesa to control how much 4wd is used as it knows best.

SSS_Hoon

What are you talking about mate its not a bloody pajero?????

There is fwd section, what, do you know how GTR awd system works or what??? Go and have a look under your "dads" gtr or whatever then come back and either explain what you are talking about better or realise you dont know what you where talking about, not flaming you here but lets try and keep the thread informative and actually helpful

flame all you want its a free world.

i dont know the name of the part/parts.

its in the FWD part, the cog i guess you would say where the chain goes onto you know the part that disengages when you hit limp mode from a wheel lock up and stops the front wheels from moving i assume that its a few clutches or something that move in and out, well screwing a scre into that part so its on all the time. they decided not too do it as it wouldnt allow for the system too change the amount of fwd which they would like too keep.

man now im confusing myself here :lol:

BTW having a look underneath it wouldnt help anyway i would need to look inside you mean :lol:

SSS_Hoon

flame all you want its a free world.

i dont know the name of the part/parts.

its in the FWD part, the cog i guess you would say where the chain goes onto you know the part that disengages when you hit limp mode from a wheel lock up and stops the front wheels from moving i assume that its a few clutches or something that move in and out, well screwing a scre into that part so its on all the time. they decided not too do it as it wouldnt allow for the system too change the amount of fwd which they would like too keep.

man now im confusing myself here :lol:

BTW having a look underneath it wouldnt help anyway i would need to look inside you mean :lol:

SSS_Hoon

sss hoon dude stick to stuff you know as you dont know shit about the GTR awd system, the system is hydaulic drive clutch pack and you dont want to lock it up full time as it WILL tear the front diff apart as you will not have any slip between front and rear which becomes a problem went tight cornering (lowish speed) as the front wheels cut a wider arc then the rear and bang goes the weak link the front diff, you might ask why wrx etc dont have a problem but they have a lsd or open diff arrangement betwwen frt and rear NOT a LOCKER. I broke a front diff at the drags running a hydraulic lockup system by just turning off the corner at the end of the strip before releasing the system.

sss hoon dude stick to stuff you know as you dont know shit about the GTR awd system, the system is hydaulic drive clutch pack and you dont want to lock it up full time as it WILL tear the front diff apart as you will not have any slip between front and rear which becomes a problem went tight cornering (lowish speed) as the front wheels cut a wider arc then the rear and bang goes the weak link the front diff, you might ask why wrx etc dont have a problem but they have a lsd or open diff arrangement betwwen frt and rear NOT a LOCKER. I broke a front diff at the drags running a hydraulic lockup system by just turning off the corner at the end of the strip before releasing the system.

mmm hence i said that i dont know what its called as its not my car my dad is the head mechanic on it not me :lol: and that is y they didnt go ahead with it as i already said that it wouldnt do what it was supposed to do.it was just a idea that they tossed up to stop the fwd from disengagin when the wheels locked up, they have another solution now(not sure if it will work though)

as for school holidays i wouldnt know i not in school aint been for some time now.

ok well does anyone here know how to trick the attesa ecu to think that everything is ok and not to go into limp mode and cut the fwd section? instead of attacking :lol:

SSS_Hoon

Ok, we have sorted out the problems tonight (well, Dave did it all actually). We traced the 4WD dash light being on down to the single pin attesa bleed connector wire under the dash. It was plugged in, so the 4WD dash light was on, hence no FWD engagement. Error code 8 is simply due to the ABS unit being unplugged and had nothing to do with the 4WD light being on.

:P

Thanks Dave :D

Charlie.

4WD light Duncan. The ABS light is also on but this is due to the removal of the ABS unit. There wasn't a direct connection between the two. The 4WD not engaging was the problem and we thought that it was ABS-related due to the Attesa ecu controlling/using both. In the end it was the most simple of solutions.

The ABS globe has been removed. I also have the HICAS light on.

so if you disconect the light the 4wd stays on is that what your saying?

SSS_Hoon

No, if you connect this single pin wire, then the 4WD dash light turns on. This was the problem. We disconnected it and the 4WD light turned off (after restarting the car).

yes after many headsrcatching sessions.

hears what it was all about.

tps adjustment to get .4volts

hooking up the attessa throttle wire to the microtech throttle signal.

unplugging the f**king air bleed conector

apart from that happy days. now for some power making :(