SAU Community

4wd Not Working After Abs Removal

NXTIME

sorry i didn't read this post earlier, could have offered a few suggestions,had the same problems with my gtr when it arrived with no abs gear, ABS light on, 4WD light on. Thought they must be related cause i had read if you remove 4wd fuse also loose ABS. But after some stuffing around, the cause of 4wd light was faulty regulator on alternator supplying fluctuating current to TPS.

Removing ABS has no affect on 4wd, my system was simply unplugged and replaced with gtst master cylinder and piping.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so off topic a little bit, ive put a rb26/ gtr 5speed in my stagea, replacing the original rb25det/auto 4wd setup.

im running an Autronics smc ecu, and im wondering what do i connect the 3 wires from the original ecu to the ETS ecu to on my autronics smc?

i got someone to wire it up who thought they had a clue, turns out they did bugger all and the 4wd light and abs is staying on constantly.

its abit hard to work out if its engaging 4wd, or staying in 4wd constantly, or whatever without a torque split gauge. though it seems to get decent traction with over 350rwhp, but it sorta feels like its trying 4wd constantly, like when u back off the power it pulls ya forward in the seat like a 4wd hilux when in low range 4wd.

so whats the associated connectings to be checking, changing to make it same as factory (except running the autronics ecu instead)?

lastly what pin/colour wire do i connect a torque split gauge to, to be able to check it is operating correctly?

any info on the connections to ecu and the like would be most appreciated, as it seems u guys have a good understanding of the whole setup, and when i started a thread a few months ago knowone had a clue at all.

cheers

Brad

• 3 months later...

Guys, i know its been a while since this thread has been in discussion. I've got an R33 GTR. ABS seems to not be working, i was told the module is somewhere in the boot near the battery. Anyone got a photo/diagram as to the exact location of the module/plug i need to check out?

• 12 years later...

Hi guys sorry to dig up an old thread but I have exact same issue, error code 8 after removing ABS and no 4wd.

Nothing will fix it, I have bleed the atessa that's all good, 4wd pump is ok, tank has plenty of fluid.

Only time I can get the 4wd light to turn off is when the car is stopped and I disconnect the bleed connector, then the torque guage shows 10. Soon as I re-connect the bleed connecter 4wd light re appears.

love some help its cooking my brain

FYI, car runs Haltech elite

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the thread revival but did anyone have a definitive answer to this code 8 with ABS pump deleted but wheel speed sensors still in place, issue please?

I'm currently working on the same above issue, the car has the ABS pump removed and is running a Full Race ETS-Pro 4WD controller so not your average factory specc'd car, so there may be some conflicts? I have noted that when the ignition is in the Acc position, (lights on dash but engine not started) the 4wd light comes on but only faintly, as soon as i use the toggle switch from 4wd to 2wd with the full race controller the light goes out and back on when you switch back to 4wd. Unfortunately when the engine is then started the 4wd comes on regardless of the 4wd/2wd switch position and the ECTS displays just code 8?

This wouldn't be an issue if the 4wd light wasn't illuminating but the fact it is suggests a slightly different issue to "just" it being the ABS pump being removed.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Bobby

Zealou5

Edited by Zealou5