SAU Community

R32 A/c Not Cold?

T04GTR

Did this today and the 3rd number was minus 11 (-11)..for the sun loading. As a result my a/c doesn't get cold, just ambient.

Can anyone explain in detail the procedure to place a resister/thermister inplace. Diagram would be very helpful. Also what resister/thermistor do I need.

• 2 weeks later...
you need to get a 2k resister(makes it think its 15-20degrees)

hoked up to that sensor.

I bought a 5k 1watt resister to put it in series with both the red and black wire and to no avail.

I also totally disconnected (and removed from car) the sensor. Temp still reads -11 to -9.5 degress.

This is the sensor located on the top of the dash, passenger side, right near the window and window dimister?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a working sun load sensor and have pretty much eliminated the need a resistor.

Both sensors are working perfect and when i checked with a multimeter, the voltage changes with temp change.

Must either then in the wiring/connector or the unit itself.

Going to try source a working unit and see how we go.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well im having the same problem as TO4GTR , so can u please post some pictures up and how the resistor looks like and tell me where u put it. thanx and will the A/C start blowing cold air after i do that? pm me or just post it here :) i got 25, 33, -30, 30

Edited by skyline-driver

• 2 months later...

ive got the gtr workshop manual which runs thru testing the sensors as i have a PBR error (-26).

anyway, the quality of images in my pdf version workshop manual are not that good so i cant actually workout how to test for the PBR sensor nor do i know where its located under dash...can anyone help with this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if anyone can explain how I can fix my A/C

I followed the instructions and got this:

Going down the list using the 'Heat' button, Going across the list is the 'AMB' button

3, 30

41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

5, 22.5, 21.5, 11, 24

I presume the 4 figures are

Outside 22.5 (which I don't think is right in a underground garage at 6pm)

Inside 21.5

Air intake 11 (Not negative like some of you guys but still blowing hot air)

Refridgant temp 24 (Does that mean my gas is no good?)

Do I need to replace a resistor? go I need a regas(regassed already around 1 year ago)

I'm still alittle confused after reading this thread about 3 times.

any help would be good.

Cheers

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
ive got the gtr workshop manual which runs thru testing the sensors as i have a PBR error (-26).

anyway, the quality of images in my pdf version workshop manual are not that good so i cant actually workout how to test for the PBR sensor nor do i know where its located under dash...can anyone help with this?

I have this same problem. I'm assuming its under the dash but I havent taken the dash off to check... anyone replaced this unit before?

-D

Mine used to work fine. Then it had a leak at the compressor and the evaporator. A shop fixed those leaks. But now it only goes cold if it is on FC. If I just have it at 18 degrees it blows warm.

Using the diagnosis in this thread, all seems to be ok (has error 25) all temps are pretty similar to each other.

Anyone know what is going on?

Cheers

Chris

My thing is fecked lol, i hold the off button and nothing happens!!!!

Same thing happens to me. What I did was, switch car off, restart car and as soon as it starts, hold the off button and it should work.

I believe you have to press it within 3 seconds.

Ok, So I've tested everything and all the sensors seems to be fine and so is everything else. But it still blows warm air, even if I set the temp to 18c, or hold on the cold for "fast cool". I've used the recirculate button as well, just can't get it to blow cold air? Could it be that I need to regas the system? How did I check if I need a regas and how much?

any1 got diagrams where all these sensors are thanks? all i know is my air con needs a regas and 1 of the sensors replaced as its reading -30 so it will only heat in my car, so if some1 could put pics up or something of the sensor and where to find them that will be a good help,

thanks

Hi I was wondering if anyone can explain how I can fix my A/C

I followed the instructions and got this:

Going down the list using the 'Heat' button, Going across the list is the 'AMB' button

3, 30

41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

5, 22.5, 21.5, 11, 24

I presume the 4 figures are

Outside 22.5 (which I don't think is right in a underground garage at 6pm)

Inside 21.5

Air intake 11 (Not negative like some of you guys but still blowing hot air)

Refridgant temp 24 (Does that mean my gas is no good?)

Do I need to replace a resistor? go I need a regas(regassed already around 1 year ago)

I'm still alittle confused after reading this thread about 3 times.

any help would be good.

Cheers

Michael

sounds like your blend door motor (which controls the hot/cold flap) might not be working.

Get into the passenger feet area, and try look behind the dash where the headunit is.

Mash the hot/cold button quickly and see if you can see a metal rod moving. If it doesnt move, poke around the wiring loom and it might start working again.

• 4 months later...

I just want to thank the people who have contributed to this thread (if they're still around) - helped me solve my a/c probs.

My prob was the intake air temp sensor as well (determined using diagnostics, got a temp of -30 deg). Ended up putting the 2k resistor in as dave the mechanic suggested and that gave a permanent reading of 26 deg.

The thing i noticed with this prob is you can never get the a/c compressor to engage unless you jump the relay in the fuse box, or in diagnostics mode you can get it to run on step 4 - when no. 42 is displayed on the screen. Even on FC it would not engage though.

Hope this might help someone else in the future...

• 5 weeks later...

Hey kids,

Just to throw into the mix, I get the following;

On inital start up ; 25, -27

Then 3 for a while, flash 30.

41 through 47 are all ok.

Then

1) 23.5

2) 22.5

3) Started at -30 then after a few seconds went up and stayed between 4.5 and 5

4) 46.5

The door thing works no worries.

What does it all mean basil? (Sepcifically, the -27 at startup an the massivly high temp at the end?)

Hi All

Thanks for the info on this subject.

I have had a few issues with the climate control. At first I couldn't control the temprature, I removed the control module and opened it up and re-soldered the wires. It still didn't work. Now I have performed the systems check as per this topic and the control module works! The only faults were the 25 (normal as it was in my workshop) and the code 30 came up when it was doing check number 3

The air conditioning compressor dosn't engage, it did work up until this morning and the air was very cold, however now it dosen't. I had an auto electrican fit and imobiliser this morning and I also asked him to check out the temp control module while he was there, I could hear the a/c compressor running OK at the time. Could he have knocked an a/c wire or something? I have had the dash apart trying to get the a/c to engage but it wont, I have tried 2 other climate control units, I have even tried crossing the relay in the fuse box in the engine bay. Is there a fuse or something I have missed?

Please help

Edited by kingscorp

The air conditioning compressor dosn't engage, it did work up until this morning and the air was very cold, however now it dosen't. I had an auto electrican fit and imobiliser this morning and I also asked him to check out the temp control module while he was there, I could hear the a/c compressor running OK at the time. Could he have knocked an a/c wire or something? I have had the dash apart trying to get the a/c to engage but it wont, I have tried 2 other climate control units, I have even tried crossing the relay in the fuse box in the engine bay. Is there a fuse or something I have missed?

Please help

I've had a similar problem - perhaps try to source a new climate control box?