SAU Community

R32 A/c Not Cold?

T04GTR

ok so ive managed to get mine working after all this. the wiring ended up being the issue with a short on a couple sensors. i seen some guys were complaining about the air con not remembering the temp they set it at when turning key off. in the FSM the is actually a STEP 6. when in step 5 press the fan button to enter step 6 and you can turn memory on/off and also correct the temp +/- 3 degrees

• 1 year later...

hi fellas.

ive got an R32 with same problem, thanks to google i stumbled on this thread and ive noticed that some people are sticking resistors in to trick the control unit into thinking its 20+ degrees inside the car. i think i may have a better solution and thought id share.

so these are the sensor charateristics:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31.0-8/10258865_10152074674351402_5938012635183684773_o.jpg

i found these 2.2kohm thermistors on ebay for 5 bucks:

GA93521 2322 640 63222. Vishay BC Components Thermistor , NTC 2.2K 5%

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GA93521-2322-640-63222-Vishay-BC-Components-Thermistor-NTC-2-2K-5-/141252970692?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item20e35548c4

so theyre 2.2k ohm @ 25deg C

according to the skyline manual we need 2.65k ohm @25deg C so they should be in the ballpark.

dunno if this helps anyone, but information is valuable and sharing is caring.

• 4 months later...

I did a diagnostic test on my A/C and the only error I got was the inside temp sensor at -30C. So I'm planning to do the 2k resistor trick but I'm unsure which sensor needs the resistor, Is it replacing the resistor in the inside temp sensor itself or placing a resistor on the sunload sensor?

• 2 years later...

Ok so I did the test and got error 23

did the 41-47 test but then after that test it showed 5 then 32, 33, 30, 18

anyone know what the value straight after the 41/47 test is ? Why am I getting it ?

Ok so I did the test and got error 23

did the 41-47 test but then after that test it showed 5 then 32, 33, 30, 18

anyone know what the value straight after the 41/47 test is ? Why am I getting it ?

The thermistor, which I believe is what you are referring to as the refrigerant sensor is located on the ac core inside your dash. In my r33 I was able to access it by removing the glove box and getting a little crafty. In the end it was just a loose connection on the plug that made my problems go away. If the thermistor isn't working, it wont allow the compressor clutch to activate.

On 11/26/2016 at 9:14 PM, SiR_RB said:

Ah yep mad thanks for that

seems like my values are fine but blend door motor isn't working so just ordered a new one from Nissan via japan

should be here soon

Could you link me where you ordered it from? I've been trying to revive old blend door motors to no avail and can't find the specific actuator either.

On 12/2/2016 at 9:29 PM, -Tom said:

Could you link me where you ordered it from? I've been trying to revive old blend door motors to no avail and can't find the specific actuator either.

I opened it up and re-soldered the pins on the actuator and it works again 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been asked many times but no one stating exactly where they are located, can someone please tell us where they are on an r32 Gtr:

intake temp sensor 

refridgerent sensor

i know the outside temp sensor is the black one on the AC fan behind the grill

and inside temp sensor is the one next to the ash tray

thanks

Ok so had my AC regassed Afew months ago and was working good except for the blend door motor issue

last month or so started blowing warm airso I got a brand new blend door motor through Nissan, 

put that in, and still blows warm air, did the diagnostic test and came back with no errors and all the sensors read fine

compressor still engages if I turn it on but only warm air comes out, I suspect it's leaking somewhere even though I put brand new Nissan AC o rings at all the joins

he has put a die in the gas, would it visible to the naked eye where the leak could be ? All the johns look good dunno if it's the condensor/ac compressor/evaporator box under the dash ?

any input or help would be great thanks

If the leak is real bad, you will be able to see it with the naked eye. If small you need to use a uv light. I had a leak in a previous car and the a/c guy pulled out a special uv torch. It turned out the leak was coming from the previously replaced o ring that hadn't seated properly. $300 later it was all fixed.

Ok I found my leak

the rubber hose coming off the compressor and goes to the front of the car, had 2 pin hole leaks, I removed bother bibber hoses, the other goes from compressor to firewall

and have pirtek install new hoses on the fittings aswell as fire sleeve to protect it from the heat

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome thread! I just bought an R32 GTR and the aircon was only blowing the windscreen and was not cold at all. I discovered the aircon relay was dead (900 ohm across the coil). A friend gave me one from his GTR and it measured 60 ohm. Now I can hear the compressor kick in. I removed the mode selector motor and hooked it up to my bench top power supply. It moves, so I moved it to a position where it was shorting one of the "combs". Installed it back into the car and it works! The aircon is cold, but not icy cold. I think during the sun it will not be good enough.

I ran the tests and get no fault codes. The temps as 32,32.5,25, 4-10. Is the refrigerant temp too low or is this normal? It was reading much higher before I fixed the relay.

I haven't yet checked if my temp control door is working correctly, but I know for sure that is directs hot air at my feet if I set the temp to 32.

On 1/18/2017 at 10:19 PM, BoostedBarge said:

Awesome thread! I just bought an R32 GTR and the aircon was only blowing the windscreen and was not cold at all. I discovered the aircon relay was dead (900 ohm across the coil). A friend gave me one from his GTR and it measured 60 ohm. Now I can hear the compressor kick in. I removed the mode selector motor and hooked it up to my bench top power supply. It moves, so I moved it to a position where it was shorting one of the "combs". Installed it back into the car and it works! The aircon is cold, but not icy cold. I think during the sun it will not be good enough.

I ran the tests and get no fault codes. The temps as 32,32.5,25, 4-10. Is the refrigerant temp too low or is this normal? It was reading much higher before I fixed the relay.

I haven't yet checked if my temp control door is working correctly, but I know for sure that is directs hot air at my feet if I set the temp to 32.

Temperatures look okay.

My aircon seems to be cold when it's below 25 degrees but when it hits 30+ it won't cool the cabin..Does anyone know if this is a sign of low refrigerant or if my compressor has just carked it?