SAU Community

Rb26 Turbo Upgrade, All Dyno Results

SLY33

Lasted 2 weeks so not bad... nah to be honest the car seem to be fine just finished it n got running after 1yr off the road plus jus paid full yr rego but shit happenes!! Now need to rebuild it hopefully it won't cost much lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.03.2017 at 4:00 PM, Nosure said:

R34 gtr nur

Rb28

Poncam 260

valve spring

gtx3582 0.82 ts t3

4inch front pipe 3.5inch catback

1650cc injectors

650awhp @ 28psi 

500hp on 5000 rpm

IMG_2128.JPG

Daamn huge lag make that GTX35 with small turbine on 2.8 :O

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Dial in more intake advance and pull timing out before 5k to get the turbo on faster.

Yes. Will adjust both cam gear next month. At moment both cam gears are untouched.  The strange thing is my reimax cam gear does not have any degree mark on it:(  it might make the tuning a little bit difficult. 

IMG_2308.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

N1 Block

Tomei RB28 stroker

Tomei Poncams Type B

Tomei Gaskets - 1.2mm 8.8:1

1000cc EV14

GT2860-5

LinkG4

Splitfire coils, grade 8 plugs

Mines Super outlet Pro II elbows

Mines Frontpipe Pro

HKS Type-R Intercooler

HKS Super Turbo Exhaust

HKS Cat.

HKS Hardpipes

etc...

First mapping done at 1.2 Bar (1.3 Peak) running on 98 Octane - starting getting some backpressure above this but will hopefully get it to 1.5Bar with 98 octane and E85 Flex after that. 

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • N1 Block
  • Tomei RB28 stroker
  • JUN 272 9.7mm lift cams
  • Garrett GTX2863 turbos
  • HKS Fuel rail
  • Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors
  • Link G4+ PNP Board\
  • Haltech Flexfuel sensor
  • full racepace 3.5" exhaust (tuned length headers)
  • Other items...

First tune done to engines capabilities, second tune completed to my preference, in the interest of keeping the engine in one piece. 

Full power: 505.4kW (atw) at 27psi

Final Tune: 410kW (atw) at 22psi

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

• Like 1

Curious to know why you would think an engine like that wouldn't live with 500rwkw on a daily basis? the power is all in the right foot and the boost controller

We have been making 450rwkw+ on a stock block and crank for years no issues. Your combo should be good for considerably more on a regular basis

Edited by ido09s

2 minutes ago, ido09s said:

Curious to know why you would think an engine like that wouldn't live with 500rwkw on a daily basis? the power is all in the right foot and the boost controller

We have been making 450+ on a stock block and crank for years no issues. You combo should be good for considerably more on a regular basis

It's not that I don't think it will, i just don't require that much power. I haven't really had a chance to open the car up to it's' maximum potential so it just seemed like a no brainer to turn it down for now. If i decide later on that it needs more go, i can always have it turned back up. 

For me, it's fast enough for the moment, so my theory here is that less power should mean less stress on components. My right foot is little bit scared of the power.

The other thing worth noting is the diff gearing has been shortened (4.375 ratios), so the car really moves. I can drive it around in 5th no problem and still have enough torque to pull from 50kph. In summary; it seemed fast enough.

1 minute ago, Steve85 said:

It's not that I don't think it will, i just don't require that much power. I haven't really had a chance to open the car up to it's' maximum potential so it just seemed like a no brainer to turn it down for now. If i decide later on that it needs more go, i can always have it turned back up. 

For me, it's fast enough for the moment, so my theory here is that less power should mean less stress on components. My right foot is little bit scared of the power.

The other thing worth noting is the diff gearing has been shortened (4.375 ratios), so the car really moves. I can drive it around in 5th no problem and still have enough torque to pull from 50kph. In summary; it seemed fast enough.

That's fair enough. I guess all you need to do is ask the tuner to turn the boost back up ;) we run an old Link G4, no +, and our boost is controlled through the ECU. Turn the air con on in our car and it doesn't loose power, it gives it another 15psi of boost :P 

You should try some 4.9's ;) We use them for drag racing but on the street they are insane. You runs out of puff pretty quickly though. Its an RB26 S14 hence the reason we can run such a ratio.

12 minutes ago, ido09s said:

You should try some 4.9's

Wait 4.9s? That's going the wrong way for my preference. :1_grinning: That must be insane... Mine tops out at about 240-260 at the moment (i can't be sure), it was doing it pretty easy at a track day (til it broke, thanks igniter!)

I do have a switch for high boost, but low boost seems mental enough for the moment.

2 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Wait 4.9s? That's going the wrong way for my preference. :1_grinning: That must be insane... Mine tops out at about 240-260 at the moment (i can't be sure), it was doing it pretty easy at a track day (til it broke, thanks igniter!)

I do have a switch for high boost, but low boost seems mental enough for the moment.

Yeah you read right, 4.9s ;) We use the 4.1's normally but swap it over when we race it. If it would get off the line it would run some decent times but it does trap 138mph all day every day :P

Live life a little, run high boost :D 500rwkw is fun!!!!!

• Like 1