SAU Community

How To Adjust Greddy Blow Off Valve?

JimX

Does anyone know which way to adjust the Type R bov to make it release pressure earlier? It seems to be frozen shut! All I get is chopping noises out of my air box. I have tried adjusting it both in and out about 8 full turns from where it was, but neither seems to make it open. It used to work before I had my intake re-done last year, and I think the mechanic has adjusted it the wrong way.

Thanks for the reply!

Well this afternoon I got bored so I took the whole thing off to work it out myself. It's not ceased, but yeah I discovered that out is "looser". I also found that you can even remove the whole adjuster for the "loosest" setting but I put it back in and wound it in a couple of turns. Haven't test driven it yet. The spring is quite strong and I'm only running 14psi of boost so maybe I need to ditch it and get something smaller.

Asking about the vacuum lines isn't off topic, because I want to get it working so thanks for asking :P Well for a start I only have one vacuum line to it (only one place to run one), and it runs to the back of the plenum. Should it go somewhere else instead?

Mine does look almost exactly like that, but it only has the top fitting in your pic. I tested the car the other night and it now goes off, but only just, and only when really pushing it (like over 6000rpm or so). I think I need to ditch it and get something smaller. Anyone have any ideas of what I can put in its place? Preferably quiet! Plumbed back if possible, but it's in an unusual spot (can't see from engine bay) so I'd need to work out how to re-route it back to the intake. I don't mind if it vents to air as long as it's not too loud.

Or if anyone has any ideas on how to make it release with less pressure (replace the spring?) please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Had another look yesterday, and I found that it's missing the barb fitting from the second vacuum hole. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'm going to see if the other one is the same size, if so it should be easier to find one the same. Where does the second vacuum line go?

Had another look yesterday, and I found that it's missing the barb fitting from the second vacuum hole. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'm going to see if the other one is the same size, if so it should be easier to find one the same. Where does the second vacuum line go?

i connected the bottom fitting to the cooler plumbing just after the turbo outlet.

its just an educated guess but i'm thinking when the throttle shuts the high pressure in the cooler plumbing pushes on the valve to assist the vacuum from the plenum to overcome the spring pressure. mabye this is why your BOV doesnt like to open... :)

but i could also be totally wrong.. heheh

That's how I thought it worked too. Seeing as though there's just a hole there now instead of another vacuum hose to assist with opening the valve, I suppose it will just suck air straight in instead of releasing the pressure on the valve and make it more difficult to open.

Edited by JimX