SAU Community

R31 Rb30e Help

hey everyone

i have a Nissan Skyline R31 with the RB30E engine and im lookin 2 get more power out of it but not 2 spend 2 much money.

i dont mind puttin a turbo on it but it has got 175,000kms

should i rebuild it first or wat do u recomend 2 get more power the cheapest way.

post-25139-1133570357.jpg

i have heard that you can also fit rb20de heads.. i saw one on the NZ trademe auction site. you could put a lumpy cam in if you want to keep it single cam. but going twin cam will give you a good increase in power and it will pull higher up in the rpms

i suggest you get the bores checkd out when you take the head off. you could spend the $$ and get it rebuilt then you would know its reliable

i have heard that you can also fit rb20de heads.. i saw one on the NZ trademe auction site. you could put a lumpy cam in if you want to keep it single cam. but going twin cam will give you a good increase in power and it will pull higher up in the rpms

i suggest you get the bores checkd out when you take the head off.  you could spend the $$ and get it rebuilt then you would know its reliable

rb20 head also fits, but its a mission apparently - alot of work required and not worth it. (there's a few threads in the forced induction section having arguements about the pros/cons of an RB20 head)

don't fit a rb20det, whatever u do.

if your poor just basic mods to the rb30, exahust, extractors, twin tb/xf throttle body, intake, should see a couple more kw's.

if u got money, bolt on a vl-t conversion, or drop in a rb25det, don't waste your money on a rb20det.

175,000k's is NOTHING on rb30e, it will be hardly even run in yet

pod filter??

haha, have a look on R31 skyline club. from what ive been told by a few people, is that when you put on the stock VLT kit, its nothing special at all compared to the NA Rb30 with some basic work done to it. id say make it a na monster or put in a 20/25.

there are so many possibilities and the potential is enormus, depends on what you want from the car!

RB20's would work fine in one.

R31's are lighter than R32's and look how many high powered R32's there are around running RB20's. Just consider the price difference between a 20 and 25 and that should decide you decision