SAU Community

5stud Conversion To Cefiro

R32 4 Door

im doin mine using the s15 complete setup i.e. hubs.. rotors .. calipers... uprights... before iget started... are the brake lines the same or do i need custom shit??... ummm.. just wanted to know... :s

cheers

im doing the same. full s15 - calipers, rotors, hubs, spindles, knuckles, handbrake and lower control arms...

anyone know:

a) will s15 lower control arms fit? if so benefitial due to possibley further out design?

B) handbrake cable... how to modify between a31 and s15 to fit?

cheers bigears

im doing the same. full s15 - calipers, rotors, hubs, spindles, knuckles, handbrake and lower control arms...

anyone know:

a) will s15 lower control arms fit? if so benefitial due to possibley further out design?

B) handbrake cable... how to modify between a31 and s15 to fit?

cheers bigears

Pretty sure S15 lower control arms are different.

The size of the bolts where the strut mounts to the carrier are different on S15 also, S13 style shocks might not have enough meat to be drilled out 2mm.

If you use a R32 GTS-T rear cradle the handbrake is as simple as clipping the cable back on. You will need a bigger master and a double diaphram booster I think.

S13 struts can be redrilled, if done properly, its safe. Its common practice to do so as the s14. s15 struts are longer. You can either use a 14mm drill bit or a 9/16".

If you can find them seperately, its possible to just press out the ball joints for the knuckles, and use the matching ball joints, as said before s14/15 are different.

You will need the new master with the 32 rear brakes, and possibly a new booster, although it might not be worth the hassle, what has the ceffy got on the rear atm?

If you buy 300zx tt spindle and hub from a wrecker, the hub bolts straight up to the S13, then just bolt on the handbrake, and rotor and caliper. Also notice from abservation that R32 GTR hubs looked identical to the 300zx. Can be done for about $300-$400. Also need to get brake booster from 300zx or R32. Here is a good website.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectc...scc_projsilvia/

Also I think the R32 front calipers are much better than the S14/S15 from memory. Aslo check out Nissansilvia.com.au

Had a lot of probs with mine as I have nismo lower controll arms so I was wondering what the hell it had all come off, but seems sorted now.

hey guys am in another dilema, thought my rear was a 300zx, and as I have the whole thing appart I need to get some info to grab the parts to change the hub. The 300zx is too large for the axle and just rotates over the spines, coulld it be an R32, does anyone know if they have a smaller axle. it does have the drum hand brake as well???

• 1 month later...

just to rehash this thread...

Can i fit R32 skyline 5 stud rear hubs to the back of my ceffy, and redrill the stock rotor to accept 5 stud?

I want to do the 5 stud rear cheap as possible. i dont need the bigger bralkes but i need rims, and 4 stud rims are hard to find

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• In the first photo you posted, the colour of the control arms are the signature colour for Ikeya. Same for the swaybar, signature colour for Whiteline.  I like Hardrace, they also do hardened rubber bushes if your car is mainly a street car.  I like GKTech as well, but they use a lot of rose joints in their stuff so might not be the best choice for everyone.  The system might have been good back in its day, but it's a prehistoric system now. I suspect that most people have removed the HICAS as they want the car to do what they want to do, not what the car wants to do. From what I also understand, it isn't consistent in it's behaviour on track so it's hard to trust the car/know where its absolute limits are for track use.  Having said that, I think the HICAS eliminator kit was the first thing I installed when I bought my car. I don't personally have any experience with the HICAS system on a race track.  
    • Thanks for the info. Didn’t know I had aftermarket control arms already? Will talk to my garage. What brand would u recommend if I want to play around with my camber more? I would think my camber is around stock level right now or more negative now due to lowering with coilovers. I will be lower her again 1.5 cm to get some more.    also why does everyone like to remove the hicas system? Is it because most don’t work properly anymore or ppl just don’t like them. Mine is functioning as it should be right now.    thanks for the good info 
    • It looks like you've got Ikeya control arms and an aftermarket sway bar, maybe whiteline?  Or am I just going crazy? lol Unfortunately it won't, but what it will do is look really pretty. That's about all unfortunately.  How much neg camber do you currently have? Generally lowing the car dials in quite a bit of neg camber as it is. If you do go down this path, your best bet is get adjustable arms, toe arms (or preferably a good HICAS elimination kit) and traction rods. With all 3 being adjustable, you'll be able to dial out any bump steer that is introduced by playing with the camber settings. 
    • Great discussion guys. I just have coil overs in my car right now. Ride is pretty stiff and everything feels very precise and accurate when hitting the corners. I started off with a high level and kept specimen.   the only item I feel I might need to adjust is my camber with control arms or a kit as I might want to tuck in my rims more so there is no rubbing. Otherwise I have not thought too much into it as quite happy with the setup. I think the bushings are all good still.    My motor is currently out now but I have got a nismo front strut bar to install. So that should help with body roll in front.    added a photo of what I started with before the modding or let’s say modernization of parts started. 😂
    • Thank you both, much appreciated. Yes, 6k miles, not a typo lol. The underside, engine bay, engine, trunk, interior, etc., look great and super clean, has all the splash guards too. Not sure if you can expand the photos, but the dash pic shows the ODO. She looks brand new, inside and out, even has the original Nissan TV/DVD/Nav head unit; still thinks it's in Tokyo haha! I used to own a '94 MKIV Supra, sadly sold it years ago, but wow I love the Skyline so much! The R34 gets SO much attention here since they just became legal to import last year.