SAU Community

Xmas Charity Cruise

nuffin_werks

THIS SATURDAY, 17th DECEMBER 2005

Come along and support a worthy cause and WIN SOME GREAT PRIZES!

Date: Saturday 17th December 2005

Charity: Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal & Camp Quality (kids with cancer)

Registration Entry: $5 / car entry

Suggested Donation: $10 / person & new kids toy (this is for a good cause, please dig deep)

Meeting Spot: Darwin Showgrounds

There will be a Show and Shine competition, Sound Off competition and a Best Dressed competition with prizes donated from Darwin businesses.

-= If you have a great looking car, a car that you're willing to deck out in christmas cheer or are part of a club, please come along! =-

• A Show & Shine competition is based on some of the Territory’s top cars getting the polish out and showing their pride and joy to the rest of the Territory. The cars are stationary at the time of contest, and the audience vote on the best modified and maintained car overall. Majority wins in this event.

• The Sound-Off is based on in-car stereo systems. Stereo systems are tested by how much decibels are produced during a single 30 second sitting. The car with the most decibels takes the glory and prize. (2 catergories held)

• Best Dressed is all about Christmas. The person who can decorate their car with as much Christmas cheer, and partake in the cruise will take the trophy for this one. The winner will be decided by organisers and sponsors.

Format for the event:

1.00pm - Gates open and Show & Shine, Sound Off and Best Dressed cars register

1.30pm - Competitions begin

2.00pm - Every cruising car needs to be present and registered

2.30pm - Competitions close

2.45pm - Cruising car registrations close

3.00pm - Debrief & final thoughts / touches

3.30pm - Cruise begins (see above route)

4.30pm - Cruise arrives at Casuarina Beach

4.30 - 5.00pm - Photo shoots / media and general chat

5.00pm - Presentations (Comp Winners, Charity donations)

5.15pm - BBQ & Drinks (formalities are over and everyone can go home in their own time)

Route:

Darwin Showgrounds (Left Turn) -> Stuart Highway

Stuart Highway (Left Turn) -> Mitchell Street * (almost always green)

Mitchell Street (Bend Left) -> Bennett Street

Bennett Street (Right Turn) -> Smith Street

Smith Street (Right Turn) -> Esplanade

Esplanade (Right Turn) -> Daly Street

Daly Street (Continue) -> Stuart Highway **

Stuart Highway (Bend Left) -> Bagot Road ****

Bagot Road (Continue) -> Trower Road ******

Trower Road (Turn Left) -> Lakeside Drive * (always green except for the 3 second interchange)

Lakeside Drive (Turn Left) -> Dripstone Road

Dripstone Road (Turn Right) -> Ellengowan Drive

Ellengowan Drive (Turn Left) -> Trower Road

Trower Road (Continue) -> Casuarina Beach

* = 1 traffic light

The traffic lights outbound can not be avoided. Every other turn it a T-junction or a round-a-bout.

Conditions: Drug and alcohol free event, anyone doing anything illegal including reckless driving and burnouts will be reported to the police as they will be in attendance.

Notes: This cruise is open to everyone, not just Boostcruising regulars, please come along as ALL are WELCOME! Every cent raised is going towards Camp Quality. Every toy donation is going towards the Salvation Army. Both are very worthy charities for the timeless efforts to help give children a brighter future.

Conclusion: Last year we had 70 cars turn up and a good amount of donations for the Salvos. Let’s break that record this year and get the number of attending cars into the hundreds, while we raise some well needed money for kids with cancer and give Christmas presents to the kids who have had a rough life.

There is a team of dedicated people taking care of everything this year, to make it bigger and better than the last. If you have any dramas then please either PM (private message) me or call me on 0403 522 184.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Kind Regards,

Phoebe Griffin

(TEMPTRS)