SAU Community

How old is my GTR

Guest Vspecman

Guest Vspecman

I know there are some experts out there.

So who can help with this-

My V spec Gtr is one of the last 33's built. It has the vin number as BCNR33 then 43389.

Various engine hoses and the spare tyre have the date of manufacture at 3.98.

Does anyone have info from Nissan or another source to determine when it was made?

The series 3 continued to be built into the early months of 98 so it could still be built in 98. I'm not sure why you are checking up on it but if its because you think its not a genuine late model one then you can also check for all the other things that are on the series 3 such as HID's front lip, red stitching on the seats etc etc

Guest Vspecman

thanks tonyxc and 400hp.

I am hoping there would be some Nissan production information showing when certain vehicles were produced. I am amazed that Nissan does not readily provide such information.

Cars like Mercedes Benz and Porsche have a long Vin number which is easily decoded to tell you production date, which part of the world the car was built for, LH or RH drive etc which is essential info when buying an import.

The last of the 33 V spec cars were produced after production of the 34 GTR cars had commenced.

Tomorrow I am picking up a R34 V spec from a workshop where it has just had N1 turbos, power FC etc installed and taking it for run on a 4wd dyno.

Any specific info on the production dates would be appreciated.