SAU Community

Help With Power Fc Hand Controller

Hi,

Just recently my car was off the road for 3 months getting the motor rebuilt, and yesterday I finally put the motor in and hooked up everything properly. But when it came to start up and when i switched the car on accessories the power fc hand controller would light up and display "Power FC" and thats it!!!

It just gets stuck on that screen and so i cant access the menus, displays, or maps...

Does anyone know what this could be? The power FC is brand new and it has worked perfectly in the past so i know the hand controller is the original one for the model.

Also as a side note - the car has 850cc injectors and a Z32 airflow meter and it started and ran fine with the new motor so its still got its original tune in it, but for some reason it wont go past displaying the "Power FC" start up screen...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ahmed

mismatched hand controller version. where did the powerfc and hand controller come from? did you buy them together or seperate? if its stuck on the apexi logo usually its the hand controller is the wrong version, ie you have a toyota hand controller for nissan ecu or honda hand controller etc. it should have a part no# on the back which may help.

if its worked ok previously (like i just read) then it could be its damaged somehow ?

yes you can still use the monitor setting, it just limits access to the tuning side of the ecu.

You think i'm joking about the kinks don't you? Mine doesn't like kinks/twists in the cable and doesn't get past the start up screen if it is too twisted.

yes you can still use the monitor setting, it just limits access to the tuning side of the ecu.

You think i'm joking about the kinks don't you? Mine doesn't like kinks/twists in the cable and doesn't get past the start up screen if it is too twisted.

Shit hey - i did think you where having me on - but ill try anything i guess to get this thing working for me - i need my hand controller back!

yeah try unplugging it and replugging it back in

if the hand controller is locked the ign map, fuel map come up as 0's.

let us know what u find out the fix to be and ill add it to the faq