SAU Community

Are There Lifter Clearances?

RB25DET motor.....

Are there specific clearences between the hyd lifters and the cam lobes when installing?? If so, how do you adjust??

I don't think there are any clearences for these but I could be wrong..

Just getting tapping when cold but engine is only 13,000kms old... Same springs and recond hyd lifters so I'm thinking I've got a suspect lifter or 2...

Maybe a spring... only does is when cold though.... on idle and when the needle passes the 2grand mark, anything above 2grand, and no tapping....

What do you think?

I understand what you're getting at but I've been using the same oil as soon as I caqme off of the running in oil.... It's the Motul 4100 Turbo light.... good stuff, I don't think it's the oil....

When I'm warming up the car and the needle is pretty much at operating temp (2/3 of the way up), the idle knock goes away but it will still do it right on 2 grand, but won't tap either side of it..

I do have forgies, could it be piston slap? I've never experienced piston slap so I'm not sure what it's supposed to sound like....

could be piston slap, if it does go away when warm, id bet on that.

bogcock was on the money if you had a stock internal setup, but forgies are renound for being loud when cold