SAU Community

Spewin

sinistaGTR

Well....

After 4 months of my car being off the rd (i posted on here a while ago).... i found out i had a blown cheap t70. so took the car off the rd bought some new goodies for it new turbo, inj etc etc (my sig lol). it was spose to be getting tuned by shaun at boostworx on sat, so i pulled the plugs out last night to check the gaps and no.6 was covered in oil.....so i got my mate to bring round my new cooler pipes we made and fired it up for the first time. run on 5 cyls and there was smoke pouring outta the catch can breather. so unforunatley (or it maybe good), its being rebuilt now putting forged pistons in it. dissapointing after not having drove my car for so long to find out it needs a rebuild 2 days before it was getting tuned and i was finally gonna be able to come out meet up and cruise withyou guys DOH.

OUCH, maybe should have checked this a few months back.........BUT on the bright side she SHOULD be unbreakable after this. Besides when the next cruise is on i'm sure someone will let you tag along with them! Whos rebuilding for you? Shaun?

Well yeh i know that now but as ya said be unbreakable now lol. love to be on a cruise for sure. and getting a mate to rebuild it (fully qualified mechanic and rebuilt a few 33s and gtirs), getting it done after work very cheap, then get shaun to tune it up then.

Well yeh i know that now but as ya said be unbreakable now lol. love to be on a cruise for sure. and getting a mate to rebuild it (fully qualified mechanic and rebuilt a few 33s and gtirs), getting it done after work very cheap, then get shaun to tune it up then.

^^ Yup exactly how I had my bike engine rebuilt, on the side, parts at cost, labour $25ph - a labour of love. Them's are the best rebuilds :P

edit: fyi rebuilt by an ex 1970's-80's world 500gp privateer racer, who ever picks up this beast from Southern Yamaha wont be disappointed (free shamless plug, on consignment)

Edited by Tangles

pity bout the bad luck but it will all work out. i keep having issues with my alarm module :thanks: gota go get a new one today and then hopefully i can still get mine tuned by saun today although i have a meeting in the city (lucky i got two cars). cars ey :P