SAU Community

Nissan / Datsun Owners Where Are You ?

no_gtr_yet

I wonder how many of those cop cars are left. I want one :D

And I think there would be less around now if the GTS2's came with a RB25DET. So why not just make it a RB26DETT! :D

Hmm I just have to sit tight for a little longer and then I can go and try and get my hands on one, which atm looks like an easy deal because there are 5 for sale I know of in Aus, and travelling is good. :)

they were rare to come by when mine was for sale and I still struggled to sell it, now they're everywhere and just not selling quickly. You should be able to get a good deal.

I might beat you to it though :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone....im darcey and live just out of Hobart. I own a 1994 RPS13 180SX which i imported around christmas time. IM open for any cruises or clubs because there is a serious lack of import "get togethers" in tassie.

I see there is a cruise on the 30th but i can't make it...will htere be any in the near future?

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you leave an offer and your number under the windcreen wipers next time you go past it?

Personally, I'd save about 7k and 100kg and put an RB25DET, manual box, in the exec you've already got, with some decent wheels, R32 brakes and good suspension. You'd wipe the floor with a GTS2.

Hmm, I think GTS2's look different......

I think Nissan SVD's bodykit designer may well have been one of Darth Vader's stormtroopers...

But thats me. I saw one in full white, and that looked awesome. Yes, it was a GTS2 not a GTS1, full GTS2 spec, I believe it was an ex interceptor car.

cheers,

floody

True, but they aren't *that* fast stock, and modifying a 1 of 200 car seems a bit wrong to me. So you're stuck with a relatively slow, expensive car?

Depends whether its the style or the speed you want in the end. If you want to go fast, spend the difference on your Exec.

True Scott, but think about it, none of those comes close to a RB20DET R31 conversion in terms of bang for your buck.

R31 = already owned so $0

RB20DET = could have a half cut from an R32 for $2.5k or so, 5spd

get a dr_drift chip and a VG30ET turbo + Front mount.

LSD = $750 or so

R32 Brake upgrade = say $400 for the struts, same for the R32 disks/calipers

Chuck in some good springs/shocks = $1000-2000 depending on what you get.

and top it with some s/h 16x8" rims and 225/50 rubber say $750.

Quick car. good value. Of course the value would go out the window if you paid someone else to do it all...

cheers,

gloody

I have a white R31 Skyline series 3 executive, not registered at the moment. I brought it from auction 2months ago and its nearly finished, im in the hobart area and will be up for a cruise as soon as my car is running.

BTW last sunday as the shoreline car park i saw about 6 imports there was a WRX, Hotted up Pulsar and a Silver R33 GTR, and some others just wondering if they were about to go for a cruise or just gathering or coincidence, any one know?

-Jake-

Hey dudes. The name's Paul. Drive a white R33 GTS-t in Lonny. Keen to get a hill climb or something happening in the near future instead of everyone doing sweet fa and freezing their balls off in town.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...