SAU Community

Hey All

ive got a r34, 4door 2000 model. im trying to put a cat back exhaust system but have come across a couple of problems:

1 - does any one know if a apexi catback exhaust system for r34 GTT ( 2door ) would fit on my

4door r34??

2- if the answer was NO to the previous question, then does anyone know where to get an exhaust system that would fit a r34 4door?

ANYONE THAT HAS/HAD A R34 (4DOOR) AND FITTED A CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM PLEASE PM OR LEAVE A REPLY TO THIS TOPIC.

thanks heaps ppl.

tez

Fujisubo make a catback just for the 4 door N/A R34....but it is damn expensive! The cost of that system you can pretty much do your entire exhaust including extractors!

I've been told by many that the 2 door and 4 door catback are interchangeable, however in a thread not so long ago someone said the 4 door catback is longer...

Your main issue with aftermarket catback systems though is going to be the exhaust diameter. You reallly don't want anything bigger than 2.5" unless you're after top end power and willing to sacrifice low down power and torque. The majority of aftermarket systems are suited to turbocharged skylines and are 3" or larger in diameter.

Basically you will lose volumetric efficiency in the lower part of the power band with too large an exhaust as the exhaust gasses can't be scavenged and fill the exhaust as efficiently as it can with say a 2.5" system.

Of course the exhaust really depends on what other modifications you have done/plan to do (e.g. cams and cam gears, extractors)

You may find that getting a custom made exhaust from a reputable exhaust shop would be more cost effective and a lot better suited to your vehicle, plus they can design it to sit up higher under the car.

Anyways, that's a very quick run down on this topic, pretty much answers your question though. I felt the need to quickly outline the issue with exhaust diameter since you were obviously looking at aftermarket systems.

Hope that helps.

edit: If it helps, when I had my conversion done, my tuner said that a R34 GTT Coupe X-Force Catback would be fine for my Sedan. Another tuner in Brisbane confirmed for me that the 2 door catback will suit the 4 door, and that with some modifcation an R33 catback would also be suitable.

Edited by N-DAWG