SAU Community

Tailshaft Yoke

niran

hey everyone

Alright as some off you may know im in the process of doing the rb25det engine/gearbox conversion to my r32 gts-t. It is nearly completed however i need to get the tail shaft customized, all that needs to be done is have the yoke swapped over so that it fits the rb25 box..

I was going to go to final drive however for Christmas holidays they are closed till 11th January, Does anybody know where else i could go, or does anybody have a workshop or garage that can get this done for me?

Thanks, Niran

Edited by niran

I got a second hand one from KYP but the uni was farked.

Final Drive sourced me a brand new slip yoke.. if you can wait a week I'd go to Final Drive ;)

hey bubba

does ben have ones that have already been swapped over? because i have the r33 drive shaft and also the r32 drive shaft, just need to get the r33 yoke put onto the r32 drive shaft.. also what type off yoke do we have would you know?

Edited by niran

I got a second hand one from KYP but the uni was farked.

Final Drive sourced me a brand new slip yoke.. if you can wait a week I'd go to Final Drive ;)

Yep Phil smashed out New shaft for me 2 days before christmas , TOP bloke n quality shafts ;)

hey bubba

does ben have ones that have already been swapped over? because i have the r33 drive shaft and also the r32 drive shaft, just need to get the r33 yoke put onto the r32 drive shaft.. also what type off yoke do we have would you know?

I wouldn't go down that road dude.. as I didn't want my car off the road while I had bits made, I grabbed what was supposed to be a 32gtst manual shaft from KYP (as a template) and a 33gtst manual shaft to steal the yoke from.

Turned out that the supposed 32gtst shaft wasn't from a 32gtst (probably S13 or something) so my new shaft was too short and the uni on the yoke of the 33gtst shaft was rooted, they are also non-servicable uni's.

Ended up having to get a brand new yoke anyway then take the shaft back to be made to the correct size.

So after that, my advice is, measure exactly what you need and get Final Drive to make it all up.. one or two pieces (whatever you want), new centre bearing (for the 2 piece), new slip yoke and new heavy duty servicable uni's.

Edited by bubba

if you have the 25 and 20 shaft, im pretty sure you can just use the front half of the 25 shaft onto the 20 rear part to get it going?

Rear section of 32gtst tailshaft and front section of 33gtst tailshaft.. it's only the front section that needs shortened.

You can do this, but it will be horrendously out of balance.

hey guys

i went to a place called drive shafts Australia, they said they can do it for $180.00, basically they are going to cut the front off the r33 and weld it onto the r32 rb20 drive shaft, then get it balanced.. i will see how it goes, the reason also i couldn't wait to long is the workshop the car is at is just taking up space and i still got the yellow on it which expired a while back, so i just need to get it on the road. hopefully drive shaft australia do a good job.

Thanks for all the help, Niran

hey guys

i went to a place called drive shafts Australia, they said they can do it for $180.00, basically they are going to cut the front off the r33 and weld it onto the r32 rb20 drive shaft, then get it balanced..

Thats expensive :)

hey guys thanks for all the help, got the tail shaft back and they did a great job cant tell that its even been welded, basically got it welded, aligned/balanced and they painted it all black and then put two stickers on the drive shaft with the company name and approval.