SAU Community

Jan 16-17 Itinerary Advise Pls

C110GTR

Hi

My GF & I are attending TAS 2005 on sunday, wish we could come saturday as most of you guys are coming on that day.

Anyway...

I need advise regarding those 2 days in Tokyo, we've seen most of the attractions during the x'mas holidays, but this time we are just going to car places/shops/museums

So far our plan is to go to TAS morning till afternoon, then same nite is to find our way to Daikoku PA, hoping there some kinda action goin on.

Might rent a car if we can find one somewhere in tokyo central or somewhere easier to rent one (advise please)

Super Autobacs in Tokyo Bay is on the list just cos I heard its big and worth visiting, also have a good collection of books/magazines upstairs.

Any more advise ideas ?

Cheers!

Rob

I need advise regarding those 2 days in Tokyo, we've seen most of the attractions during the x'mas holidays, but this time we are just going to car places/shops/museums

Sumo would be a good idea. The new year tournament started on the 9th and will run until the 23rd. Unreserved seats are available for around 2,100 yen per day.

The stadium in in Ryogoku, two stops from Akihabara (and next to the huge Edo Museum). It's very easy to get to by train.

Well worth an afternoon. I may be going on Sunday depending on how things work out.

IG

PS. Plus it's warm, covered, and out of the snow, which is scheduled to fall tomorrow evening. It's gonna get cold tomorrow!

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3022.html

http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/ticket/index.html

not really interested in sumo live, I watch it on TV and I like it a lot.

But these 2 days is just gonna be concetrated on car related places to go.

We've done our tokyo sight seeing already just the other week.

We've been to Nissan Bldg in GINZA the one with 240Z and 350Z thats OK...

no public transport but train to yoko and taxi would work, just tell the driver to come back in an hour or so for ya.

nismo at omori is alright, thats near shinagwa and close to station. superautobacs is avg at odaiba. if you get a rental just plug in all the tokyo telephone numbers in option magazine.