SAU Community

Help with AutoWatch alarm - XCUZME & Friski please help!

Scotty

Good Afternoon All,

Well I've finally made the plunge and bought myself an R33. It's currently on the boat so yeah, am looking for a quality alarm system to install.

People keep telling me about the Brant Nemisis alarm, and swear by the quality. I had a quote done on mine and this is what they had to offer.

- 6 ptImmobiliser/Alarm with battery backup siren, door, boot bonnet protection,

- Ultrasonic internal sensors & internal screamer siren

- Pin Number controlled (like the WRX's apparently)

- central locking attachment

All for the handsome sum of $1343

I can also add window closure for another $148 and a paging system for $198 (not too sure what this does though)

So yes, the price is hefty, but I guess for real peace of mind, I do not mind paying this investment. But now I hear about the Autowatch system. May I ask, can anybody please advise on what it has to offer and at what price? Again, I don't mind going all out, if it's value for money.

cc Friski I know you install these, and XCUZME I know you have one, that's why I was hoping you could comment.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

All for the handsome sum of $1343

my bro had the nemesis sytem installed on his s15 a few months ago, (around 6months) and managed to get it done for $990. This came with all those features mentioned with the exception for the auto window closure thingy and the pager. Try bargaining with them abit and see if you can get it down lower because i dont see why someone should be paying $300-400 more than another person when buying the same product.

Originally posted by 200sx

I dont see why someone should be paying $300-400 more than another person when buying the same product.

You gotta pay the money to get the quality. Sure they are the same product but totally different installers.

I think you'll find that xcuzme and friski's alarms took multiple hours to be installed for the 'added' security and of course... this all comes at a cost.

Autowatch:

Australian Standards Approved,

All black wiring,

3 point immobilser,

Auto re-arm,

Auto immobilise,

Hidden button (optional but must be pressed after dis-arming),

Digital back up battery siren,

Shock sensor,

Microwave sensor,

Door, bonnet and boot sensor

There is also one with a turbo timer feature, window roll ups are optional, extra sirens are possible.

Prices vary pending on vehicles and requirements, but you could have it in your car for under $500 give or take depending on the feature or optional you wish to have.

Originally posted by benm

You gotta pay the money to get the quality. Sure they are the same product but totally different installers.  

I think you'll find that xcuzme and friski's alarms took multiple hours to be installed for the 'added' security and of course... this all comes at a cost.

I was referring to the Brant Nemesis since that was the quote he received, whereas my bro was able to get it at a lower price. I think as a company you would assume that they would only allow qualified installers to install their products and that they meet a certain standard so that they dont tarnish their reputation. Do Brant have resellers? or do they have their own installers?

For around that price I saw the new Wolfd 3d ecu for the R33

has a security pin option via the hand controller that disables the ecu and the car cannot be started at all without the correct pin number. No wires to bypass or anything. Without the pin the cars useless. Sounds pretty good to me you get a engine management system and security system all in one. If you want it to make noise im sure you can get an alarm for couple of hundred dollars extra in case someone trys to break in to steal your valuables.

Originally posted by FRISKI

If your gona be spending over $1000 i would rather recommend a QuikTrak or something with a traker QuikTrak is about $1400 fitted including 1 year monitoring.

Do you install quicktrak?

If you don't, I find it heartening that you would recommened the competition...

T.

I only carry two brands of alarm, alarm and immobilisers i sell, install and recommend Autowatch, if the customer is aftewr a traker i'm also and authorised QuikTrak dealer, but any traking system would do i only know of two or three around.

My bad habit is that I only sell / recommend products which i would use myself and find reliable, i don't like unhappy customers it doesn't give me the right rep.