SAU Community

Engine Cut Out

vanix

I was travelling home last night up Epping Road and as i was going up a hill the engine simply cut out on me, the stereo, lights were all still working fine, but the engine simply stopped. I was stuck there for about 5mins trying to restart the motor but it was not restarting, and then it restarted, but the revs were well below 1k when idling and if i didn't keep the revs up the engine would stall. Although i could restart the motor after a stall.

I haven't really had any troubles with my engine, so was very surprised when this happened.

I have an R32 gtst with RB20.

I've spoken to some people and i've had, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and Angle Sensor.

What do you guys think could be the problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mine was doing this randomly. Took ages, to find, replaced the AFM and fixed it. I believe it was the solder on the pins where the plug goes on the AFM (on the inside). Don't take it off for a look thou, as it breaks the solder on all of the pins. I did this, and one of my pins look like the solder had been dodgy (ie oxidised where the pins should have been soldered on) for a while. I reckon this was the cause of my random low rev cutout and occasional total stall.

Mine was doing this randomly. Took ages, to find, replaced the AFM and fixed it. I believe it was the solder on the pins where the plug goes on the AFM (on the inside). Don't take it off for a look thou, as it breaks the solder on all of the pins. I did this, and one of my pins look like the solder had been dodgy (ie oxidised where the pins should have been soldered on) for a while. I reckon this was the cause of my random low rev cutout and occasional total stall.

Thanks mate, will investigate.