SAU Community

Boost Controller

Mikyel

BOOST CONTROL TMS-3 KIT Ref

The MRT TMS3 Boost Controller allows easy (safe) adjustment of your turbo boost. High and Low set points are adjusted at main box, reducing risk of accidently choosing too high a boost. Seperate dash control for linear boost adjustment. Fully electronic design ensures accurate boost, irrespective of ambient temperature and altitude, a weakness of pneumatic bleed systems. Includes the features: Built in seperate high quality MAP (pressure) sensor. Rugged reliability. Quality boost control solenoid. Accurate mapping. Stand alone design. Sensitivity control. High/Low safety settings. Linear control between safety settings. Water spray Control. On dash boost target display (LED). On dash water spray indicator. Digital boost guage with peak boost memory. Turbo timer with hand bracket anti theft input. Rich/Lean fuel mixture indicator. Closed loop boost control. Backlit alphanumeric LCD dashboard headset. Push button control. All functions user adjustable. 2 preset boost memory settings.

Code: musse017e

Price: AU$761.25 (Australian Dollars)

Just had a look on the mrt site as i've never seen/heard of the tms-3. Although the water spray feature is a nice addition, it'd be more useful on something like a top mounted cooler wrx than on a skyline.

Looks like it has similar features to many other electronic boost controllers on the market (e.g. profec e-01, avc-r, blitz dsbc). And it commands a similar price to many other quality japanese controllers.

Personally i'd stick with the ones tried and tested by sau members here for the price.... haven't heard any problems with the japanese ones used here. Unless you care to guinea pig TMS for us and let us know how you go :D

Guessing once they're set up they're all pretty easy to use. For something really simple and that does the job well, why not pick up one of the profec b-ii from a sau sponsor?

I'm using a blitz dsbc spec-r and i'm just getting used to all the various settings but i love all the features of it.

I like the greddy profec e-01 or the hks evc 5

Profec e-01's great in that you can interface with the e-manage if you decide to grab that in the future also.