SAU Community

Fs: To4e (500hp) Turbo, Hi-flowed $640,cheap, Price Drop

Hi,

I have now lowered the price as i need the money for my daughters birthday in 2 weeks..$SOLD - Pending payment

I have a turbo for sale that I got for my 21st birthday. Ive had this turbo sitting around for a while though I no longer require it as I have a gt30.

Details of Turbo and History.

The turbo started off as HKS TO4e. T3 style, will bolt onto standard manifold.(Rb20 + Rb25)

It was rebuilt due to sus bearings.

360degree bearings were put in and hi-flowed and new front compressor wheel.

The rear t4 .42 housing was changed due to its tiny nature and its ability to make no power. The HKS wheel in the housing was enormous, huge so it was left in. Put in its place was a garret .63 rear housing with major machine work to have the HKS wheel fitted. A V-Band style flange was also made for it at this stage wth an adapter plate to go.

Since the rebuild this turbo went from home to tuner and back and then to WSID and thats it. The rb20det it was one had manifold + cams and ran out of puff a little up top. A bigger turbo was chosen and this one given to me, this turbo is off lengend01 's car on these forums. The car ran 12.2@111mph with this turbo.

It also made 242RWKW@21-22PSI

post-28122-1173174031.jpg post-28122-1173174005.jpg post-28122-1173173980.jpg post-28122-1173173955.jpg

post-28122-1173173929.jpg post-28122-1173174066.jpg post-28122-1173174093.jpg post-28122-1173174131.jpg

post-28122-1173174163.jpg post-28122-1173174183.jpg

NOTE: These dyno graphs show the 238rwkw figure, though not much difference. And also in one pic comes as part of the v-band clamp on the end is the adapter for when you get the dump made..

To put things into perspective about $3500 was spent on this turbo, as the builder promised easily 500hp from it or more.

$640 reasonable offers welcomed.

Note: For anyone trying to ruin the sale by making insulting offers or useless statements please pm me, and not post it on the thread for everyone to see, thank you.

In sydneys west

Reply via PM

Edited by MZTRBO

Also for those not sure what a V-Band is, its basically a clamp that can easily be undone when you want to take the turbo off and on, so not unbolting and tightening it back up.

It is suppose to have a better seal than a normal bolt on dump also...

Cheers

What trim was it? 40, 46, 50, 54, 57, 60? I Noticed the compressor cover has an AR .50 stamped on it, possibly a 50 trim to start with?

By 'Hi-Flow' what do you mean? Debured and smothed? or has it been ported? How heavily? and has this porting been done on a flow bench or 'by feel?'

Also can you supply some of the following trim sizes:

Compressor inlet pipe

compressor outlet pipe

Compressor inducer

Compressor exducer

Turbine wheel outlet

Turbine inducer

Turbine exducer

I have a very keen associate, although we need to confirm that this turbo will suit the intended application.

Cheers

Mate, as stated I got this as a present so this is all I know..

By hi-flow the inlet was enlarged. Dynatorque in sydneys west rebuilt it and they sent it to garret to be flowed, I know this for sure.

As for the sizes, I have no idea except for the sizes already mentioned. thats why I have tried to provide as many details as possible. + graph.\

Hence the cheap price!

If i cann help you any further let me know. I also do not have a graph on photo with rpm. As for lag the car had full boost for about 2300rpm on an rb20det and would drop off power at the end,, now i dont know if this was the turbo or the stock set-up causing it, but when a gt3040R was put on it had a similar effect at the end???

The car ran 12.2 and once boost started it seemed to finish straight away as you would pull another gear.

Cheers

Cheers

I wouldnt get it if you are interested in minimal lag as it has some, though for drag use it would be optimal as I would run an easy 11 with it on my rb25...which was its intended use. only reason for sale to is that I purchased a gt3040 off a good mate, at mates rates and I am aiming for 280rwkw which tis turbo would be stretched to do with the set-up i planned to run..which is stock everything..

Cheers

Note: 11sec thing...its an rb25 in a r32..Cheers

Edited by MZTRBO

vsute, the whole s where the nipple goes..

Yes will bolt on same flange as standard turbo, t3 style.

Phantom32, I was also going to put it on my rb25 for drift purposes..Lag would be less then a rb20. I would say start building boost from 2300rpm and full boost by 4200-4400rpm...I was going to work around the lag when using it for drift its not to dificult (if your talking lag as in when it hits full boost, or lag when its on full boost and how quickly it is spinning eg, how quick it revs out.)

In the wet, I wouldnt give it in the wet, but normal driving you wouldnt have a problem..

The rear wheel is a steel big HKS item good for 30psi atleast Id say..

Cheers Daniel..

PS. wow 27 pms and no sale yet????

1jzdrft....I just stated that its for my daughters birthday and you offer me 300dollars under what I asked.. wat a joke mate? I better take back all offers considered cause that was insulting. 1jzdrft dont message me again, unless you want my rb25 series 2 turbo for that much.

Daniel

Edited by MZTRBO