SAU Community

Differences Between S2 And S3 R33 Gtr

As title says, I have been trying to ascertain the differences b/w a series 2 and series 3 R33 skyline if anyone can help.

Cosmetic (in and out) and otherwise. Also anyone know the month in 1997 when the series 3 began production.

thanks in advance

Out

The obvious differences are Xenon lights and Different interior trim/stitching in the Series 3's (in the seats and door inserts).

I also remember reading somewhere that the series 3 had a strengthened 3rd gear, but I can't recall where I read that so may or may not be entirely true!

Not sure if there are any more differences?

As to what month the Series 3's first came out? I think august 07, but I can't confirm that as I'm at work and my Skyline mags are at home...

My Jan. 98 Series III is for sale, if you were interested in buying one? :ermm:

Cheers.

was the stitching in the seats red in the series 3?? and blue in the series 2???

No I just bought one although it was made in July 07 i think although hard to tell from auction sheet. I was told it was series 3 but not so sure?? How do the lights look any different?

here are some pics, maybe you can tell

PHTO0018.jpg

PHTO0005.jpg

Edited by R34kid

Certainly the seats and Xenon lights mark it as a Series III. I've seen a few Series I or II R33's with the Xenon's put in, but I don't imagine anyone would bother to put the Series 3 seats in and door trims!

Looks like you have yourself a Series III :D

Nice looking car :ermm:

As to "how do the lights look any different", check out some pics of R33 GT-Rs pre-97 and you can see the different look of the non-Xenon lights. You should find plenty on here, or otherwise just google R33 GTR pics :(

It looks like a s3 from your photo's. You should have a steer wheel with red stitching, also the lower lip on front bar is ever so slightly bigger on s3.

• 3 weeks later...

sweet yes it has red stitching on the steering wheel. Should not be thrashed, compression and leakdown was perfect, one owner with 58,127 kilometres, full service historyby Nissan.

mods only catback and pods, full apexi oil temp, water and boost guages, boost restrictor still in place and turbo timer so well looked after.

I am over the frigggin moon!!!!

problem is it was due to leave on 29 July and they refused to load cos they said front bar too low so now looking at 25 Aug and they have to jack up the tein suspension to please the stevendores.....