SAU Community

Nistune?

uncouth32

Hi pple, a simple question - what is the bad side of Nistune? i have searched on nistune and got mostly positive comments. So im just wondering what is the difference between Nistune and say PFC? other than the fact that nistune is cheaper than aftermarket ECU and PFC. As i have read, nistune changes your factory ecu to a programmable one which serves the purpose of an aftermarket ECU.

I am about to install my EBC and NEO but was told that i maybe maxin out my AFM and if thats the case, the neo is gonna be useless and a nistune would be better and have more gain. Should i just forget the neo and go with the nistune instead to save myself from having to get nistune again in the future??

Can someone shed light on this soon?? :P

cheers!

thnks for the prompt reply man!! but does it matter if im getting it installed and tuned by a tuner?? i suppose they have the required software and upgrades?? as a matter of fact, my car is in the workshop. i just got home from the workshop and have to give my decision in like... 1 hour! :P hahha

:P hate to be in a dilemma... bugger!i think i will just go for the nistune then. just hope it will not screw up anything (pinging, gearbox change logic etc). ok, gonna sell off my apexi neo then! :D fingers crossed. decided to go with nistune because auto tranny is not supported by PFC and aftermarket ECU are too expensive for a daily at this stage. and nistune is able to support my future mods of bigger injectors and bigger turbos. *im just trying to justify and convince myself that im not making a wrong mistake now* LOL

880 installed and tuned. as compared to a PFC($1600 w/o installation). im installing my EBC at the same time. by the way ricca, do you drive a white er34gtt sedan with GTR front or something and iimported from HK?

Edited by uncouth32

The Niztune is a good idea, but do all your mods first because they still only charge 880 for the tune so if your are going to change injectors (which are a bit of a bitch to tune) get that all done at the same time, also if your are maxing out you afm get a z32 installed at the same time, they have a much higher calibration than the 32 standard ones

Hope that helps

WA r32, thanks for the advice man... did thought of buying other parts since im doing a dyno tuning but just bought my gf a BIG present so im basically "dry" now. but if i remembered correctly, the shop did tell me that it is much cheaper next time for retune etc. so hope it wont be too expensive then. injectors are like around 800 bucks aye.. my gf prezzie = 12 injectors. :P

seems this nsitune is a cheaper way at it niceee

yes it is. IF it does not f*&* my car in anyway then i would say its a pretty good deal aye. just like having a aftermarket ECU but has the factory base maps to start off with. especially for my auto box, i need to have the factory ECU's gear change logic. just talked to the workshop and was told he could hear my car pinging before he did anything. :P hope the pinging hasnt been going for too long. (cant tell how pinging sounds like. LOL) with EBC to increase the boost, i hope i will can to see satisfactory results when i pick it up later. :D

*googling on engine pinging sound/video*

It won't fk your car at all. It just essentially a remap of your stock ecu.

Pinging (detonation) sounds like marbles on a tin roof or marbles in a milo tin being shaken.

I'm running a remapped stock ecu (was from before Nistune came out and they could only do it on 32s back then) and it's running my 550cc injectors, z32 afm fine on a hybrid RB30DET.

They have just as much potential as any other standalone ecu but without the fancy hand controller of the pfc.

WA r32, thanks for the advice man... did thought of buying other parts since im doing a dyno tuning but just bought my gf a BIG present so im basically "dry" now. but if i remembered correctly, the shop did tell me that it is much cheaper next time for retune etc. so hope it wont be too expensive then. injectors are like around 800 bucks aye.. my gf prezzie = 12 injectors. :P

get some R32 GTR injectors and get them reconditioned they should only be about 250 for the injectors then spend another 100 getting them fixed up (you will also need a resistor pack for them) and also the z32, get hyperdrive to install them at the same time as the tune and it will run great

get some R32 GTR injectors and get them reconditioned they should only be about 250 for the injectors then spend another 100 getting them fixed up (you will also need a resistor pack for them) and also the z32, get hyperdrive to install them at the same time as the tune and it will run great

:P they are installing my EBC and nistune as we speak.. lol.... yea, i will have to wait for awhile before i go ahead with the injectors man... might need coilovers as well. but for now, thats about all that i can afford to pay. hahaha... i was just reading on a thread on nistune, it says they havent got a board for 34... is that anything to worry about?? you guys are top blokes... always nice to see your thread getting replies. :D

:D they are installing my EBC and nistune as we speak.. lol.... yea, i will have to wait for awhile before i go ahead with the injectors man... might need coilovers as well. but for now, thats about all that i can afford to pay. hahaha... i was just reading on a thread on nistune, it says they havent got a board for 34... is that anything to worry about?? you guys are top blokes... always nice to see your thread getting replies. :D

Haha nah i wouldn't worry about it at all, you will be happy with the tune that you get i would say. If you need coilovers send me a pm i work at WA suspensions and can sort that out for you :P. i should hopefully be getting a niztune soon but have to get z32 turbo and injectors first, sigh another 2 grand going into the car

Haha nah i wouldn't worry about it at all, you will be happy with the tune that you get i would say. If you need coilovers send me a pm i work at WA suspensions and can sort that out for you :D . i should hopefully be getting a niztune soon but have to get z32 turbo and injectors first, sigh another 2 grand going into the car

cheers mate! hope your "offer" will be around when i get enough dough aye.. lol... will neeed quite awhile to recuperate my bank's health... LOL... but yea, will keep your offer in mind and pm you once i have the money (im not gonna take the shortcut of just the springs. :D )... cmon, join the nistune group! :banana:

They have just as much potential as any other standalone ecu but without the fancy hand controller of the pfc.

thats nice to know... i doubt i will need the hand controller too since i wont have a clue to fix it if i buggered the settings... and would like my interior to look stock and "family"... hey, its a sedan ya know! :D hmm, should put a baby seat in it as well though i havent got one... :banana:

cheers mate! hope your "offer" will be around when i get enough dough aye.. lol... will neeed quite awhile to recuperate my bank's health... LOL... but yea, will keep your offer in mind and pm you once i have the money (im not gonna take the shortcut of just the springs. :D )... cmon, join the nistune group! :banana:

yeah i will be soon just have to save up for a few months so i should be getting it done early next year but am going away so i might have to wait till i get back from that first :D also have to buy my turbo hmmm i might see if i can sell a few things first and then see how much money i can get from that, then might be able to get the stuff sooner

okay, got my car back with nistune and EBC installed. was shown the graph and the power curve has been "iron" out nicely. Feels much smoother when crusing as well with nistune.

But one thing thats puzzling me... my boost has been set to 12psi and the EBC warning has been set to 1 bar (14psi) right. but when i booted it, the warning came out and started beeping before the gear change man... so i suppose that means my boost has reached 1 bar?? feels weird when booting it now as the beeping starts and my boost seems to be cut and it is trying to go higher. and that was my second or third gear(auto box) at about 80km/h. anyone else have this prob? im going back to the shop to check it out again...

Edited by uncouth32