SAU Community

Mod Improvements For 0-100, 1/4 Mile Times

Just to add, I've read that you should actually turn OFF VDC to get faster timings.

Makes sense though, with VDC on, the ecu will reduce power to rear wheels to prevent traction loss. Fastest ( fastest, not most consistent ) timing should be achieved will a good coordination of brake torque, good launch with appropriate revs and accurate shifting, with VDC off I believe.

Unfortunately I can't say this from experience.

TT350GT,

Welcome, sounds like a very nice ride. Total Q car with a hidden power lol.

Mhmm lunch, i gotta cook dinner soon but no idea... feel like chicken curry..

Siglapian,

Yep for any n/a 350gt, definitely vdc off. With a boosted auto 350GT, i really think vdc on will give close to best possible but with consistency.

When i took mine to the drags I found I did faster times with VDC off as I would get a little bit of wheel spin and then the engine would cut power if the VDC was on. With VDC off it would just keep on going despite the wheel spin "stupid open diff" I also found that using the triptronic gave quicker times as well.

also with the WRX the quickest launch times i have achieved were with the traction control switched off and were with a touch of wheel spin. the VDC/ESP doesnt step in to prevent the tyres from spinning when its switched off. makes sense to switch it off.

Edited by DrewII