SAU Community

Do'h

AdMan

Certainly picked the wrong cops to get pulled over by last night... Wasnt doing anything wrong.. Driving down Sir Donald Bradman Drive I think it was. Anyway...

Got done for suspension at the front.. oil leak, battery not secure and the stock blow off valve which I played around with a while ago...

Told me the front being so low causes the brakes not to work... laughed it off.

Fire hazard where the coilpacks are from a small amount of oil, started to get a bit lippy after that. Which is a first. :)

One of them kicks my front bar as he checks the battery out, told him thanks for that. He didnt care.. -_-

Nothing dangerous about driving straight up my ass, swerving to the right of me. Braking as hard as he could after seeing the front of my car to the shock of the people behind me. *shakes head*

Went through regency once about 9 months ago now I think it was, so shouldnt be a major drama.. just asking if anyone has parts I can borrow for a short time.. :) Suspension, stock front bar, exhaust maybe, got some electrical work that needs doing, headlights etc..

Got a $203 expiation fee on top of it. lol.. Told me he wouldnt ruin my night completely saying he could do me for more to a total of $600. lol...

So anyway, if anyone has the parts that would be appreciated.. will give something in return for borrowing. :down: Or buy if people are selling... :)

Thanks.

Adam.

P.S. Not having a go at SAPOL, just expressing my story. :)

Wow, I had no idea the police could search your car like that. Over here we have similar laws. I've been stopped by the police for my window tint being to dark and my exhaust too loud, both of which were well within legal limits. But I've never heard of the police asking anyone to pop the bonnet so they could rummage around.

So can they stop you anytime for anything on a whim? How common is this?

Wow, I had no idea the police could search your car like that. Over here we have similar laws. I've been stopped by the police for my window tint being to dark and my exhaust too loud, both of which were well within legal limits. But I've never heard of the police asking anyone to pop the bonnet so they could rummage around.

So can they stop you anytime for anything on a whim? How common is this?

Happens all the time. Usually consists of:

Police: "This car is too low" *proceeds to check height with 100mm wheel*

Police: "Please pop the bonnet...This is illegal, and this, and this, and this, wtf is that?"

Ryan: "Oh, that's stock :thumbsup: "

LOL

Yep that will happen man, I have had my cefiro almost 5 years now and living in Adelaide you will get defected quite often lol, not much you can do about it except take it on the chin get the car back to stock and get it off then repeat the process... Last time i got my Ceffy off defect i didnt even last a month before i was defected again, so yea get used to it man or else sell the Ceffy and get something that doesn't stand out so much.

Yep that will happen man, I have had my cefiro almost 5 years now and living in Adelaide you will get defected quite often lol, not much you can do about it except take it on the chin get the car back to stock and get it off then repeat the process... Last time i got my Ceffy off defect i didnt even last a month before i was defected again, so yea get used to it man or else sell the Ceffy and get something that doesn't stand out so much.

Was a reason I bought it, so it wouldnt stand out as much to something else I wanted.. lol. But 3 months it took from bought to defect.. 5 months to get it passed through regency. After going twice, 9 months now I think it is since getting it back then, so guess it had a good run. That was with stock sus up front and coilovers in the rear. Changed the fronts for AJP, so been goin since then, drive everyday... ;)

Luckily enough there isnt a lot that I have to change, I use it as a daily so its just complicated matters a lot. :)

Was a defect station last time I got done... but it just took me by surprise. Thought who the hell is this joker right behind me. Then the all to favourable colours of red and blue. lol. :)

Apart from the "lowness" of the car not making the brakes work, I'd say they had done quite a few other peoples cars. Knew exactly what to look for...

Pisses me off the way I got treated though, last time two of the chaps were talking about it... "ah yeah people seem to pay a lot of money for them". lol... Was smiling for a short while that time.... :)

Edited by AdMan

*moves to Tazzie*

But yea i remember a time when cops didnt know what cefiros were and would not even look twice, now though its a different story... Good to heard its not too difficult to get off defect though but as you said its a pain especially if you have to work 9-5 all week. Maybe you could buy a cheap and nasty daily driver to drive around?

*moves to Tazzie*

But yea i remember a time when cops didnt know what cefiros were and would not even look twice, now though its a different story... Good to heard its not too difficult to get off defect though but as you said its a pain especially if you have to work 9-5 all week. Maybe you could buy a cheap and nasty daily driver to drive around?

Well I was holding out til the missus gets her car, so I can drive it til she gets her license. Save up and get myself another car..

Funny that you cant get away with making sure an import runs fine.. but go buy a shitbox to run around in which causes more problems, safety, pollution etc. and youll get away just fine. :P

My Volvo I had, never got pulled over in it... while it still was a Volvo, was over 24 years old. :)

First time I got pulled over was when I drove past 2 cops on bikes who had pulled a Commodore over, while I wasn't speeding it was the stiffness of the springs that caught there attention.. Anyway, cut a long story short, he didn't know what it was... looked through his book for suspension specs and couldn't find it listed in there. :) Got lucky that day lol...

Edited by AdMan

I hear that, I've got an '82 Mazda 323 daily which currently wears front end quarter damage with a missing headlight and indicator.

Went pass countless cops and a few booze buses and not even a mention. Crazy :S

I got 6 regency defects last year, in 4 different cars haha, one cop told me he saved my life by defecting my car because my suspension was too low.

Because I was continuously getting defected, I bought a 200 dollar FJ40 landcruiser that had no exhaust, bald tyres, no seat belts and would automatically lane change at anything over 50k's an hour, but I never got defected in it, even driving through breathos and through the city on friday / saturday nights (my brother used to drive it to his work at a night club on Rundle Street as well.) I ended up selling it the wreckers as I was scared for my life.

This hoon BS is getting too ridiculous, 2 of the regency defects last year where on a stock (albeit slightly lowered) 2005 VZ SS ute, got done because I was driving out to watch G1 and then my mate borrowed it while i went interstate for christmas and he got it defected on boxing day.

A lot has to do with the height of the car..

My mate bought his 180sx almost 2 years ago now, suspension hasnt changed.. handles nicely like it should. Obviously the stock sus would be stiffer in that then the Ceffy.. Anyway, even with boost guage on the a pillar, aftermarket wheel, all that eye glueing stuff.. he hasnt had a single defect. I would leave the suspension stock in the Ceffy, but its just not hard enough.. After all this, I wish I bought something more sportier. :thumbsup:

But, whatevers my loss, someone elses gain when I sell it.